Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Sure the car's outside looks nice, but its whats inside, where you'll be spending all your time with it, that really matters.
Simple, elegant, posh, sporty, who cares. Post awesome and AI motor vehicle interiors!

From the older:

1956 Chevrolet Bel Air

Mg TF

1956 Dodge La Femme
(I would do quite a few questionable things to have one)

Hudson Hornet

1964 Avanti

1964 Porsche 911

Jensen Interceptor
(Car companies need to bring back the rows of awesome toggle switches)

1978 Mistubishi Gallant Lambda

To the Luxurious:

2008 Maserati

To the Modern:

2016 Aston Martin Vulcan

2015 Volvo XC90

To the :krad:

KITT

Volkswagen Jetta, Drunken Pirate edition

No Clue
(but its awesome as hell)

Queen-Of-Hearts fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The Maserati Boomerang spits on your rectangles.

This door card spits on your solid colour fabric.

Gauge-wise I'm a big fan of this bit that the Revlimiter guy did for a customer:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Volkswagen Jetta, Drunken Pirate edition

I'm going to ask a question that I probably already know the answer to, but why do Volkswagen owners, more than any other group, do the stupidest poo poo to their cars?

I mean, it can't be just down to stupidity on its own and it also can't just be down to "look at me I'm a quirky person who drives a quirky car!" either.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

MrChips posted:

I'm going to ask a question that I probably already know the answer to, but why do Volkswagen owners, more than any other group, do the stupidest poo poo to their cars?

I mean, it can't be just down to stupidity on its own and it also can't just be down to "look at me I'm a quirky person who drives a quirky car!" either.

The car doesn't have to be moving for you to appreciate the interior, so it's the best investment you can make on a VW.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

The only people I've ever encountered who owned/drove Jettas were late teens/early 20s suburban yuppie spawns.
Hope I've been of service in providing insight into your query.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

MrChips posted:

They're the type of person who'd buy a car from a company literally founded by Hitler.

Anything they do beyond that kind of pales in terms of lapses of judgment. :colbert:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Less words, more rad.

:wink:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
You want weird interiors, you're going to have to go to France.

Citroen DS:

Citroen Zabrus:

Citroen BX:

Peugeot RS-1 Concept:

Peugeot 108:

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Why does Citroen hate spokes on steering wheels so much?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

MustardFacial posted:

Citroen Zabrus:

This reminds me of the 1980's advertisements for for those special cabinet things to house all your nintendo stuff

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I like 60s/70s Euro interiors with a single band of wood, but we all know what those look like, so how about the old new Ford GT

I'm normally not into retro or American stuff but I like this.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

blk posted:

I like 60s/70s Euro interiors with a single band of wood, but we all know what those look like, so how about the old new Ford GT

Nice, but the gauge cluster is balanced too far to the right. Is that a single-DIN slot that you can put any aftermarket deck in? Well done, Ford.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

The Ford GT is the best example out there of how you can have a luxurious interior without just throwing buttons everywhere.

Phone posting but contrast that with the 918 and tell me what the gently caress is going on with that interior.

donut
Feb 4, 2001

Wedge cars had some wild interiors.

Dome Zero:

Lancia Stratos Zero

Seems like they wish they could have actually done a TV screen display.

Not so hot when it's filled with stonewashed denim however.

You can see the seat design trickled down to the Countach.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

MustardFacial posted:

You want weird interiors, you're going to have to go to France.

Citroen DS:

So I guess Citroen technically invented the fleshlight then :psypop:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Let's also not forget the Vector W8 which is just full of airplane parts:

the screen:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

As a child of the 80s I enjoy LEDs and graphic equaliser style displays. I will never apologise for that. But I have no idea how this one works at all.

1981 Mazda MX-81 by Bertone. The steering wheel is that belt thing around the buttons/screen and you drive it by just moving your fingers on it apparently.

Shout out to the exterior design too because GLASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This here is probably one of my all time favourites though...

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The Maserati Boomerang spits on your rectangles.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Sep 13, 2015

TheLittlestBiking
Jul 4, 2011

blk posted:

Can't wait to fill that with garbage from taco bell.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I like mine to look like a Reno motel in the 1970's

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Those seats are fantastic.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
I'm a huge fan of the various seat fabrics you used to be able to get for Porsches before they became Gordon Gekko douchemobiles and lost all sense of fun.

914 yellow tartan:

924 whatever this is:

924S script fabric:

944 timbo plaid:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

I'm a huge fan of the various seat fabrics you used to be able to get for Porsches before they became Gordon Gekko douchemobiles and lost all sense of fun.

914 yellow tartan:

Mk.V GTI's have seat's like that:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
All GTIs have had tartan seats, I think. I like that about them :)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

944 timbo plaid:

:stwoon:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

All GTIs have had tartan seats, I think. I like that about them :)

I'm trying to rehab bland rear end grey seats in a GTI. I really want to do the most obnoxious plaid possible in the center.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

iwentdoodie posted:

I'm trying to rehab bland rear end grey seats in a GTI. I really want to do the most obnoxious plaid possible in the center.

http://www.mk1autohaus.com/Upholstery-by-Linear-Yard--Blue-Red-Black-Orange-Plaid-_p_8035.html

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

That is god drat perfect

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
someone said toggle switches and airplane parts

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

SquirrelGrip posted:

Spyker's are so sexy. :stwoon:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

SquirrelGrip posted:

That was me, please don't stop. :shlick:

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Shame they couldn't jam an airbag into this Spyker steering wheel

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
How can we improve the steering wheel? By having two, of course.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

That was me, please don't stop. :shlick:

less airplane more steeze

kitcar vapourware.... but a no bullshit cockpit

the horn symbols are dumb and ruin everything imho

overkill

perfect

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
Something more modern...I love land barges. Love them. They're not really AI, but driving a land barge is awesome to me. I had the distinct pleasure of getting to drive one of these for about 80 miles not too long ago and I loved everything about it. It's really the most comfortable driving experience I've ever had and the interior is pure opulence. This interior is just beautiful and a sight to behold behind the wheel. Oh, 612 ft lbs of torque doesn't hurt either.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Something more modern...I love land barges. Love them. They're not really AI, but driving a land barge is awesome to me. I had the distinct pleasure of getting to drive one of these for about 80 miles not too long ago and I loved everything about it. It's really the most comfortable driving experience I've ever had and the interior is pure opulence. This interior is just beautiful and a sight to behold behind the wheel. Oh, 612 ft lbs of torque doesn't hurt either.

Riding in the back of one of those is a serene experience.

Das Volk fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Sep 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

My parents had a 1978 Buick Regal when I was born. It was identical to the car in the advertisement shown here, down to the cushy red, velvet-like seats. It finally went to the great junkyard in the sky when I was about 9. The odometer had stopped working sometime after it rolled over to 300k miles. Some of my earliest childhood memories take place in that big, beautiful red, chrome and wood grain interior. This was the car what wee little babby Six sat behind the wheel of in the garage, and pretended to drive amazing adventures in, and to this day, unwavering childhood attachment holds the dark red, 78' Regal as the Standard of automotive interiors for me.

Not my parent's actual car here, but a very close example of the dash (though, far more worn out and dirty than theirs was):

• Locked thread