Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

Underwater is just space with more pressure.

Soooo, Planetes.

Good pull, my partner already watched this show & loved it!

We will check out these other recs, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Coxswain Balls posted:

Starship Operators scratches that itch for me.

I was gonna suggest that too

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

Imagining a romantic comedy where the guy is Kamina from Gurren Lagann and lamenting that it doesn't exist.

https://mangadex.org/title/efb62763-c940-4495-aba5-69c192a999a4/do-chokkyuu-kareshi-x-kanojo

kinda

it's the manga this is from:

RubberLuffy fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 11, 2024

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man I remember that one, it was silly as hell

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that manga was kinda lame because when they did gently caress the girl got all shy and embarrassed about it while the guy kept yelling. traditional gender roles ftl

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Got a question wrt Miyazaki films. I haven't watched Nausicaa and I want to watch it in English. What are the differences between the dub options and is Warriors of the Wind worth checking out as a weird 80s artifact?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

Got a question wrt Miyazaki films. I haven't watched Nausicaa and I want to watch it in English. What are the differences between the dub options and is Warriors of the Wind worth checking out as a weird 80s artifact?

The only two dubs out there are the Disney dub and the hacked up version. Can't say the hacked up version is worth checking out in full since at the end of the day even in a hypothetical where the dub itself were accurate to what's going on, there's no great movie that wouldn't become a mess after removing almost half an hour from it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
How is the Disney dub? They tend to vary in quality.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Arc Hammer posted:

How is the Disney dub? They tend to vary in quality.

I'm not aware of any Disney dubs of Ghibli films that are bad.

Like, they spend a shitton of money getting big name celebrities, and every one I've seen has given a good performance.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yeah, they tend to be celebrities who can voice act, rather than playing themselves.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's a personal thing. Liam Neeson was really distracting in Ponyo, but Michael Keaton and David Ogden Stiers are excellent in Porco Rosso. Sometimes the celebrity voice distracts me, sometimes it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Every single role in Princess Mononoke is amazing, even though you can tell immediately who's doing each character.