Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015
This guy.

My wife and I are celebrating our anniversary in Chicago. We are spending our 11th anniversary in Chicago just like we did our first. I am all about the food when it comes to Chicago, I want some Italian beef and pizza. She does not care about the food at all.

So, what kind of stuff can I take her to? She already wants to go to the Lincoln Park Zoo.

We are staying the 22-25. She does like local music, and just great places where she can interact with people. I am the nerd shut-in and she is the social butterfly.

Here in Indianapolis we have the Emerson Theater, google it, is there an equivalent to it in Chicago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Two more outdoorsy ideas:
-Rent Divvy bikes and ride on the new 606 trail
-Check out the new Northerly Island park (former Meigs Field Airport)

As to your theater idea, I was going to suggest the Mayne Stage up in Rogers Park but it doesn't look like they have anything going on while you're in town.

P.S. Happy 11th :toot:

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015
We ended up doing some touristy things, but one night we went to an improv show at a place called pH Theater. It was $1 wednesdays and it was pretty good. I even embarrassed myself when they started the stand up open mic after the improv.

We stayed at a guys house through airbnb and had a great time.

We are planning to make a chicago trip ~2 months for at least a weekend. I loving love Chicago.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Glad you had a fun trip! It is a really great place to visit.

• Locked thread