Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot +2 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark -1
Harm 2/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: None

Honestly, I hadn't been paying much attention to what Max was doing in class, focusing more on getting bitten and running out of the room than anything else, but now that I stop to think about it as I take a sip from my water bottle (I can eat but its generally unappealing, so I prefer not to), I can sort of remember him standing up to Robert. I thought he was going totally crazy back there, but it was kind of cool of him to stand up to Robert even so. Robert probably could have pasted him in seconds. I smile at Colleen, trying to keep my mind away from any thoughts of attraction towards Max, the less into people I am the less likely I am to bite them. Hopefully.

"I got an old motorcycle the other day," last night, "but it doesn't run. I know you're super good with cars and motors and the like, was hoping you could take a look and get it running. You know, without trying to call a shop and all that." Because I totally didn't steal it from something weird and supernatural, or someone got killed by something weird and supernatural. "I can show you if you want, its near the dorms so we wouldn't run out of lunch time or anything. Plus I could use a smoke." Being stuck in the nurses did have that as a massive downside. "I'll totally owe you one if you help." I try and her my best winning smile, but maybe its the thoughts of Max or the pain in my arm making me hungry, but I get the feeling it came off as... a bit more hungry than I'd intended.

2:12:23 AM godfish turn on Colleen
2:12:28 AM godfish !r 2d6+2
2:12:28 AM Krysmbot godfish, 3+2 = 5

Proposing a Bargaining Ceremony with Colleen, either over lunch or sharing a cigarette while they check out the bike.
Cassy's opening offer would be a favor (1 string on her) in return for the promise of fixing the bike (1 string on Colleen)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Hot -1, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark +2
Harm:2/4, XP:3/5, Conditions: Terrified

I never did get an answer to my question

I sit through class and... stuff happens. I don't know. I wasn't a very good student when I was alive, and it hasn't gotten any better. Plus, I'm pretty sure I already took this chemistry class twenty years ago, and I don't think anything about molar masses has changed since then. All I know is that I feel heat in my stomach; embarrassment and hunger fighting each other for domination. When lunch comes, I'm happier than anyone to see it.

But it turns out the cafeteria food isn't going to do it for me. I stare morosely at the corn and macaroni with tomato sauce on my tray. I need something more... substantial.

I'm thinking about that when I bump into Galatea coming out of the lunch line. Gal seems nice. When you look at her, it seems like she ought to be one of the most popular girls in school, but there's something a little bit off about her. But that just means I can talk to her without feeling weird. I'm spoken, like, ten whole sentences to her, which is more than most people. I decide to be nice. I've got to start somewhere.

"Um, hey," I say. "Man, that was a weird homeroom today, huh?" Wait, had Galatea even shown up? I couldn't remember. drat it, Alex.

Over her shoulder, I see Max and Collen talking to Cassy at a far table. They're... getting kind of close. Well, that's okay, right? It's not like she's... Janey... or anything. Cassy can talk to whoever she wants. Right?

I blink, and look at Galatea. "Sorry. Spaced out there." I dart my tongue out, and taste a drop of blood welling up on my split lip. Salty. "Hey, are you sitting with anyone?"

Alex is feeling bloodthirsty, so Cassy can highlight Volatile.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Hot: -1, Cold: 1, Volatile: -1, Dark +2
Harm: 0/4, Exp: 3/5, Conditions: ---

Oh wow, Cassy was getting pushy over this bike. She must really like it. I nudge her with one shoulder and smile. "Hey, engines are my thing. Let's go take a look at it, yeah? I don't smoke, but I don't care if you do. I like the smell." Ash trays and old cigs are kind of part and parcel of working on old cars. You'd be amazed what's under the floor mats in some of these things.

We head out together, and I try not to get too excited when she shows me the bike. "Oh this is nice, where did you get this..." I ran a hand lovingly over the seat. "But... ah... you know you need a special license to drive bikes, right? Is this thing legal? And you'll need a helmet, too... I have a few back at my garage."

I pull the omni-tool out of my back pocket. Knew this thing would come in handy! "Actually... I think I know what's going on here. Give me like... five minutes."

*wrench noises intensify*

---

Bargaining Ceremony accepted. Ante up, willing to help with more than just repairs (getting a helmet or a license) for an additional string~ Also setting up a visit to the collection for later.

I attempted a Hot roll and it went very poorly. 2d6-1 = 3. ;__;

mistaya fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 23, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe

Hot +1, Cold -1, Volatile -1, Dark +2
Harm:0/4, XP:3/5, Conditions:

Oh, jeez, it's been so long? Well, I guess that'll at least cut down on the awkward fallout phase of the conversation. "Oh, hey Coach Rita, uhm..." I get to my feet, pulling my eyes off the stuff I had found in the drawer and straightened my shirt out.

"Yeah, I guess I wasn't awake this morning, must've nodded off. But uh..." I steeled myself. I didn't want to do this, but, I had to, right? "I've given it a lot of thought and all, and, I won't be joining your gymnastics team. It's...it's nothing personal, or anything, but I don't want that kind of exposure right now." Yes I do, dammit! But the Committee doesn't want me to, so... "I'm sorry to have dragged it out and everything, or...whatever."

God, I sounded all sorts of stupid. Way to go Gal, the real Galatea would have been smooth. Hell, the real Galatea wouldn't be in this situation. poo poo.

Trying to manipulate coach Rita to leave me alone on the gymnastics thing

2d6+1: 3 [2d6=1, 1]

O....oh...

"Anyway...like you said, I should head to class." I mumbled under my breath and tried to maneuver around her and out of her office. I felt really trapped all of a sudden, for some reason.

------

Of course, when I finally got out of there, it was already lunch time. I guess...good job furthering the tanking of my academic career and all, but I hadn't been planning on completely flaking on class all morning. poo poo. That means I totally spaced on Gil, too. I shot her a text really quick.

To Gilda posted:

Sorry, totally passed out and missed class, lol. Catch up after lunch?

Of course, by doing that I almost ran totally into Alex Phane. "Ohshit, sorry!" Alex was...well, pretty drat cute I guess. She had that whole vintage thing going for her but like, to the extreme. I dunno, people tended to either ignore her or like her, which was a step up above the either love or loving hate I got from everyone, so, her quieter aspects were especially appealing to me, both as far as emulation and general kind of admiration. And she was inviting me to sit with her, which was super cool, because I had nothing from Anna thus far, and nothing from Gil back, which means I probably pissed her off, too (because that was absolutely the sort of thing I was doing today, hurray), and it would be just...lovely as hell to have no one to sit with, so I grabbed her hand and grinned. "I am totally down for hanging at lunch Alex, how've you been?" I beamed at her. Woah, not too strong. Okay, smile turned into smirk. That's better. I pulled her towards a table though, a spring in my step. Maybe this was the turnaround for the day. Alex would be a good turnaround.

Trying again, let's turn on Alex

2d6+1: 9 [2d6=3, 5]

That's better, self/promise/or a string?

Erika, something something Cold highlight

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 23, 2015

• Locked thread