Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Old thread has passed to The Great Beyond Archives.

Use this thread to request images from comic books, not entire comics.

Example Good Questions:

• Can someone post the Cap confronting Thanos scene from Infinity Gauntlet?
  • Does anybody have the final page from Batman #250?
  • Can someone post the image where Donald Duck murders Goofy with an anchor? I don't remember the issue.

Example Bad Questions:
  • I need pictures of Spider-Man on my desk first thing!
  • I remember a comic where one guy punched another?
  • Can someone post the final 17 pages from Superman #1?

Imgur or Puush are good image hosts to use. Don't use garbage hosts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
And now for the sinister purpose behind the revival:

Anyone got the one where someone (Stark?) is holding tryouts for the new Cap and everybody who tries to catch the shield breaks/dislocates their arm/shoulder, but one dude (Barton?) shows up and nabs it first try?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kind of a reverse question here, can anyone tell me the issue this page is from?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Example Bad Questions:
  • I need pictures of Spider-Man on my desk first thing!

Excuse me, this is a very good question. :colbert: How else do you tell that stupid Parker kid to take photos of that webbed menace?!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gaz-L posted:

Excuse me, this is a very good question. :colbert: How else do you tell that stupid Parker kid to take photos of that webbed menace?!

It's a bad question because it doesn't end in a question mark! :eng101:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Toshimo posted:

It's a bad question because it doesn't end in a question mark! :eng101:

Bah! Details, Robbie, details!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I always remember this image:

as being really cool - it shows that various races/species see Galactus differently.

Has this been depicted more than once?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

This thread hasn't been active, but I have a question. I saw this comic. This exact story was told in a Wolverine comic or something right? I want to say David Mack art (maybe in that Echo/Daredevil story?), but googling isn't coming up with results.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Red posted:

I always remember this image:

as being really cool - it shows that various races/species see Galactus differently.

In a Beta Ray Bill mini he actually fights Galactus for a few pages with out realizing it and Galactus looked like this (Crappy google image result)

Until Bill realizes what he's fighting and starts seeing Galactus as Thor described him.

my holes are ready
Oct 26, 2006
This might be kind of random. There was a comic, it might have been a webcomic, that followed a girl who I think was having drug use issues. The panel(s) that stuck out in my mind were her sitting by a fire (I think) and there was some text that said something along the lines of, "The fire has always been in me." This scene showed her (it might have been a guy to be honest) in a younger state, and the next page had the person in an older state echoing the same thought.

I thought it was in the We're Stronger Than You Think thread but I couldn't find it. Help?

Edit - After reading the OP I realize that I might have broken the rules of the thread. I'll apologize but leave it here as an example of what not to do. Also, I hope someone knows the answer.

my holes are ready fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 23, 2016

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'll allow it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Red posted:

Here's what Galactus looks like to Tippy-Toe (from Squirrel Girl #4)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And her explanation is "Huh, just a regular dude in a silly hat... whatevs."

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm looking for good examples of Kirby cosmic/space art. I've been thinking of getting a space themed sleeve for a while now, and i had the bright idea to do it Kirby style and want some good images to give to my artist

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Here's some stuff. Are you looking more for character pieces or landscapes and machines stuff?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm looking for good examples of Kirby cosmic/space art. I've been thinking of getting a space themed sleeve for a while now, and i had the bright idea to do it Kirby style and want some good images to give to my artist

And three of Kirby's religious pieces:

Angel

The Battle of Jericho

Jacob Wrestling the Angel
(even if, textually, he's wrestling God, but this isn't the place to quibble academic poo poo)

Someone let me know if image leeching is still a thing that people don't like, although I've tried to make sure they were all hosted on major blogging platforms instead of anyone's personal bandwidth.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mover posted:

Here's some stuff. Are you looking more for character pieces or landscapes and machines stuff?

More landscapes. Like pretty much it's going to look like a standard picture of a galaxy, but like Kirby drew it. I might put a little Silver Surfer in there somewhere to keep it interesting but I'm intending it to be a fairly quiet piece. These are all awesome though

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Retro Futurist posted:

More landscapes. Like pretty much it's going to look like a standard picture of a galaxy, but like Kirby drew it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yes! Thank you.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Have some more

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

There are a bunch of fine guides online for rendering kirby dots, so you might want to find one for your artist to look at. The most important thing is that the dots themselves aren't the point; they exist to define the shape of the energy/cosmic bullshit fields in the negative space.

A lot of people trying to draw Kirby dots for the first time seem to get that wrong, and focus on the dots themselves.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You guys are rad and this is going to look dope

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

In light of recent events, does someone have that Captain America scene handy where after beating down fake Cap he gives a big speech to the angry crowd about how the flag is fragile, and he fought for it because it's fragile?

Also, the scene where Superman is confronting Luthor and he says something like "you had a year[years?] without me and you didn't save the world like you said you would," something along those lines.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

FAT BATMAN posted:

In light of recent events, does someone have that Captain America scene handy where after beating down fake Cap he gives a big speech to the angry crowd about how the flag is fragile, and he fought for it because it's fragile?

Also, the scene where Superman is confronting Luthor and he says something like "you had a year[years?] without me and you didn't save the world like you said you would," something along those lines.

I think I got the Superman scene you're looking for. Here's Supes telling Lex that he didn't do anything with his year off (from Superman 653)

And here's a power-drained Superman and Lex going head to head with Superman again telling Lex that he had a year off and didn't do poo poo. (from Action Comics 840)

(also sorry the image quality isn't great on these but it's all I got)

For further scenes of Superman telling Lex what a poo poo he is, you can use All-Star Superman

(fwiw, I actually think this is one of the few things the animated version improved on. Having Superman just verbally devastate Luthor rather than socking him in the jaw is pretty nice.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I got the other. Just happened to post this to facebook the other day

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hey could someone give me this picture: From grant morrison's X-men, right before Xorn takes his hat off to reveal he's Magneto when he cripples Charles there's a panel where he says something like "Things will begin to happen very quickly now." Can someone post that panel.

Also from grant morrison's X-men, can someone post the sequence (maybe a page or 2 total?) Where Quentin Quire reveals that he did the whole thing to impress one of the cuckoos and they all say EW and blast all his different systems apart.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

Hey could someone give me this picture: From grant morrison's X-men, right before Xorn takes his hat off to reveal he's Magneto when he cripples Charles there's a panel where he says something like "Things will begin to happen very quickly now." Can someone post that panel.

Also from grant morrison's X-men, can someone post the sequence (maybe a page or 2 total?) Where Quentin Quire reveals that he did the whole thing to impress one of the cuckoos and they all say EW and blast all his different systems apart.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Thank you!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The panel where Wally explains that the first shot was free to Batman during an argument and that he only touched him because Wally allowed it.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The panel where Wally explains that the first shot was free to Batman during an argument and that he only touched him because Wally allowed it.

From Johns' Flash 217, the Identity Crisis tie-in:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
So what did he tell Dick, because now I need to know.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Soonmot posted:

So what did he tell Dick, because now I need to know.

He leaned in real close and whispered,"I'm your daddy now :stare:"

No but seriously I'd like to know too :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I assume it's something like "I'm proud of you."

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

"Hail Hydra."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd assume it's "I Love You" since Bruce basically is his dad and losing his biological means he needs to hear it now more than ever.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd assume it's "I Love You" since Bruce basically is his dad and losing his biological means he needs to hear it now more than ever.

ImpAtom posted:

I assume it's something like "I'm proud of you."

These. Or maybe something like "You're not alone", "You have a family/home here".

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gaz-L posted:

These. Or maybe something like "You're not alone", "You have a family/home here".

According to Nightwing: Year One: "You're Fired! Get out of my cave!"

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
"Jane Foster is a more worthy Nightwing"

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Trying to find an old panel of JJJ talking about the real reason he hates Spider-Man so much, and it's something like how Spidey shows him that he's not that good a man.

Cassa fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

• Locked thread