Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

It's way past the 14 hour mark again. I guess I should just auto resolve this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Caprica is auto-resolved to play 0 cards and abstains.
Cavil plays Leadership-1 (Executive Order).
Athena is auto-resolved to play 0 cards and abstains.
D'Anna plays Leadership-0 (Iron Will).
Leoben plays Treachery-5 (Human Weakness).
Simon is auto-resolved to play 0 cards and abstains.

I guess the yes side wins :shrug:

Population decreases by 1!

Action Queue
==> Arivia, Friction123, WTFits: Draw 2 Skill Cards.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
##two TAC please.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

So is like anyone else not feeling this game? I'm really bored with it.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I'm ambivalent, I feel like the all-cylon leader gimmick was fun the first time but now everyone has realized that leaders will do what they want regardless of what the group thinks. It also isn't as much fun trying to figure out motives as it is to figure out loyalties, since those are simpler and easier to discern.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Cocks Cable posted:

So is like anyone else not feeling this game? I'm really bored with it.

Friction.123 posted:

I'm ambivalent, I feel like the all-cylon leader gimmick was fun the first time but now everyone has realized that leaders will do what they want regardless of what the group thinks. It also isn't as much fun trying to figure out motives as it is to figure out loyalties, since those are simpler and easier to discern.

I'm kind of in agreement. Theres not as much discussion, and personally speaking I have zero way to actually effect any of my agendas so I'm kind of just treading water and being friendly :unsmith:

Also, sorry, yes, I did mean to abstain but forgot to pm. Sorry Cocks :smith:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:munch: I'm having fun reading. It seems like this group of players is less into the discussion and wrangling aspect, which is part of what makes the CL game fun. I don't think it's accurate to say that CLs will always just do whatever their motives say, because that leads to exactly what happened last game - total failure to even get close to Kobol.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
There's a reason I missed the vote deadline - a reason I posted last page:

Corbeau posted:

I won't be around until late tomorrow night due to the ongoing Seattle Game Jam. Thankfully I didn't have to make any decisions today; didn't think to mention I'd be unavailable today.

I'd have abstained if given the choice though.

Anyway, frankly, I think the all-CL gimmick is cool up until you realize that literally nothing that you do matters pre-sleeper. There are no hostiles to be found, no sabotage that's meaningful, nothing. It's just "gently caress around and do your motives, which are meaningless at telling people anything at this stage of the game." The only way to make it interesting is to ham it up, and frankly you've got a more cutthroat crew this time around. Many, if not most, of us play the mechanics.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I'd be quite happy to scrap the game and rework the all-CL thing into something that isn't just half a game.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Looks like we're in agreement then. Let's just pretend Galactica blew up and call it a win for everyone :greencube:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Yeah, I've been kinda checked out since the start, since like Simon, I feel like I have pretty much zero control over my ability to fulfill my current motives. So I'm basically just waiting for us to hit Sleeper and hoping that somehow through sheer random chance at least one of them ends up fulfilled. :sigh:

That said, I still like the concept of an all Cylon Leader game.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Podima posted:

:munch: I'm having fun reading. It seems like this group of players is less into the discussion and wrangling aspect, which is part of what makes the CL game fun. I don't think it's accurate to say that CLs will always just do whatever their motives say, because that leads to exactly what happened last game - total failure to even get close to Kobol.
:munch: Actually you did fail to get to kobol entirely because of prioritising motives, the reason we had 3 centurions on board at all was because I had the get boarded motive, and the fact that there were 3 heavies that came in Alpha was a mistake you'd never get away with in the first place in an in-person game - putting 3 heavies in Alpha off of that Boarding Parties CAC instead of hitting the component limit in Bravo so you'd only have two. But no one noticed that or called it out so I was like hey whatever, easier motive for me. Then we lost to the one remaining centurion.

But yes as a spectator I was watching the game closely as lots of people had said how cool it was to watch our all-CL game, but there was never really as much commitment from people to playing it up I guess? I wasn't feeling it either watching.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
My apologies for messing up the abstain, CC - I misread the rules in the OP and thought it worked like a regular skill check, so an obvious play of 0 would be acceptable.

Anyway, I was enjoying it, but I think I was having a very different play experience from most everyone else. I was doing a lot of lifting, and still had plenty of things to do as the President, and it really helped that I got 2 agendas I could manipulate my position to accomplish. After completing my agendas, I was playing strongly pro-human until Sleeper, figuring having more ammunition to complete whatever agendas I got next was best.

Thank you though Cocks, it was fun!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Backseat modding here, but for those of you who are bringing up concerns that you didn't feel like you had any opportunities to accomplish your motives, you should actually post your motives so productive discussion can ensue!

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Podima posted:

Backseat modding here, but for those of you who are bringing up concerns that you didn't feel like you had any opportunities to accomplish your motives, you should actually post your motives so productive discussion can ensue!

ALLEGIANCE HUMAN MOTIVE CARD 07. -- Attain Influence -- Reveal this card if the game is over and you have either the Cylon Arbiter Title or at least 2 other Title Cards.
ALLEGIANCE CYLON MOTIVE CARD 11. -- Move Your Agenda Forward -- Reveal this card if the game is over and either a 3-distance Destination card has been resolved or the Jump Prep token is on a blue space.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Podima posted:

ALLEGIANCE HUMAN MOTIVE CARD 11. -- Counsel Caution -- Reveal this card if the game is over and either a 1-distance Destination card has been resolved or no 3-distance Destination card has been resolved.

ALLEGIANCE CYLON MOTIVE CARD 17. -- Lull Them into Complacency -- Reveal this card if the fleet jumps and there are either no Basestars or no Raiders on the board.

For the first one, I'm not the Admiral, so I have no control over which Destinations we get short of Scouting... and I don't natively draw TAC. Which means I either had to hope I picked up a Scout from Glimpsing (which didn't happen) or waste an action Consolidating Power for TAC and hoping for a Scout, which felt like it would have been an inefficient use of my actions.

As for the second, at one point I did manage to clear the last of the Raiders off the board... and then we got a Crisis that put more Raiders right back on there right before we jumped. :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Might as well mention that my unfulfilled motive was more or less a gimmie:

ALLEGIANCE CYLON MOTIVE CARD 09. -- Stay Your Hand -- Reveal this card if the game is over and you have a Miracle Token or Super Crisis Card.

• Locked thread