Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Rygar201 posted:

Did we talk about those BLM folks interrupting that HRC rally and poo poo talking John Lewis? Because holy poo poo.

I've noticed a lack of self-righteous, "She's racist!," hubbub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
edit: Nevermind remember who John Lewis is

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDUFvLWl-Oc

VelvetRiver
Dec 1, 2014

Accretionist posted:

I've noticed a lack of self-righteous, "She's racist!," hubbub.

Mostly because anyone who watched the whole event and not the edited clip from CNN realizes that she handled the interruption pretty well, as did Kasim Reed and John Lewis. The crowd of mostly African American college students was certainly more interested in hearing what she had to say.

You could get more traction criticizing her for sounding condescending at times in the speech, but that's been completely ignored.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The moderators were bad, but not because they were asking Fiorina why she should be hired or why Carson can't do math.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Hollismason posted:

Full Shadowrun now, Dunkelzahn for 2016.

The Big D is already running in the GOP primary.

Jagchosis posted:

Dude it's being released in loving January no one but the lunatics that will never like the D are gonna see that turd and its ages before the election. Still though when it comes out we should have a film analysis thread for it!

2016: Obama's America made over 33 million and that was some half-assed poo poo compared to having a movie made by someone as well known as Bay. It'll get at least as much coverage as American Sniper and as the 2016 Oscars (or whatever award shows still exist) approach it'll get brought up again and oh god did you see the Bay documentary about how Hilary actively prevented help from saving 4 Americans in Bengahzi? If Hilary gets the nomination you better loving believe that whatever nonsense Bay's movie shows is what will be the narrative in any discussions and debates on the matter.

The real question is how Megan Fox got out of her Faustian Deal with Bay and doesn't have to be in this movie.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It filmed at the same time as TMNT 2 which he is a producer on.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is there seriously a contingent of people that believe A) there were special forces in range, ready to go and B) the secretary of state has the power to command them and C) ordered them to stand down?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

greatn posted:

Is there seriously a contingent of people that believe A) there were special forces in range, ready to go and B) the secretary of state has the power to command them and C) ordered them to stand down?

Contingent is a fairly modest word for "like all Republicans basically"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Didn't security teams rescue the majority of our people there?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

greatn posted:

Yes but the point for these animals is that anything happened at all which they could latch on to.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

greatn posted:

Watch Thirteen Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi this January 15 in a theatre near you to find out

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

Warcabbit posted:

Does dancing count? I would think there's a few movies about dancers. Besides Black Swan.

Definitely. The good ones I've seen were based on actual people. Reality has a pro-ambitious woman bias.

If people can point me to good movies I've missed I'd appreciate it. Trying to find stuff with good messages for nieces and God-daughters. Psychological studies seem to be in agreement that it is better to praise children for trying hard than for being accomplished. The later can actually backfire because if a child is praised for being "smart", for example, they start avoiding situations where they might look dumb. Which are exactly the kind of situations that foster growth. Failing is a normal thing that happens before succeeding.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Probably the best film for that would be Possession.

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

sullat posted:

Let it goooo....

Elsa wasn't an ambitious woman, her position was handed to her by birth. Although the "girls should want to be normal!" trope does go hand in hand with "ambition + woman = Evil" trope.

Hollismason posted:

Probably the best film for that would be Possession.

Which one? Several films use that title - I haven't seen any of them - and the first few hits don't look promising.

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

Yowza! Ladies, rev your engines!

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

Milk Malk posted:

Yowza! Ladies, rev your engines!

If Kirk had a chest like that then ripping his shirt off all the time would have made a lot more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
November thread is open.

• Locked thread