Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
We're not supposed to be voting anonymously are we?

I say three is too long. Two weeks for searching seems better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Tyrannosaurus posted:

We're not supposed to be voting anonymously are we?

I say three is too long. Two weeks for searching seems better.

I meant to post this as well. Does sending people out cause any modifiers.?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

goodness posted:

I meant to post this as well. Does sending people out cause any modifiers.?

Not unless we decide it causes a scarcity or something. Generally no, but if we sent out a bunch of scouting parties we could decide we have a scarcity of explorers or something.

And no voting anonymously, just post!

I'm fine with two weeks if that's the prevailing sentiment.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Two weeks sounds good to me

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Tyrannosaurus, you're up!

We settled on two weeks!

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Is it still spring or do I draw from the summer deck?

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Tyrannosaurus posted:

Is it still spring or do I draw from the summer deck?

Its spring till we run out of spring cards. Each card in the deck represents a week, so 12 weeks left in spring.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
What are we currently waiting on?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

stevey666 posted:

What are we currently waiting on?

Tyrannosoreass to take his turn

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

goodness posted:

Tyrannosoreass to take his turn

Lets give him 24 hours and if not skip to the next person in line. I didn't prod because I thought people had lost interest.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I'm still around and I'd love to see this continue. :)

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

quote:

A charismatic young girl convinces many to help her with an elaborate scheme. What is it? Who joins her endeavors? Start a project to reflect that.
When you see somebody get pulled down into the black you don't expect them to come back up. Not alive anyway. And certainly not in one piece. There's just too much teeth and too many tentacles and not enough air or time or spears. So its unsurprising how folks are treating little Alexiane Hudon-Beaulieu nowadays. The boats pulled up the carcass of the monster that grabbed her. They just wanted her body for a proper burial. But when they pried open its jaws, well lo and behold, there she was just a sitting in its gullet with nary a scratch or scrape. Perfectly unharmed and undrowned. A miracle.

A sign.

A girl of powerful juju, folks whisper. A lucky charm for the community, some call her. Others-- a priestess. Alexiane the Uneaten. She's got a necklace of the monster teeth and helmet made from the monster's skull and a whole bunch of folks who think she's something right special. Maybe even powerful.

Action - Start a project
Those particularly susceptible to believing in portends, augury, omens, and prophesies have taken to calling a young girl Alexiane the Uneaten. Under her direction, they are to Build a Temple in the The Old Boneyard for the worshiping of their ancestors and for their priestess to be able to communicate with the spirits.*** Four Weeks should be enough time, I reckon, but we'll need to vote. And, of course, completion should be a cause for a little Optimism for our little community, too, don't ya think?

For the record, I'm not trying to say that the girl can talk to spirits. Maybe she can. Or maybe she's just a normal girl. I'm just giving a religious figure for some people to follow.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Sorry for the wait :(

I hope I didn't take anything too far in my post.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

That was perfect, the thing is, because your card made you start a project, that doesn't count against your regular actions, you still get to start a project/hold a discussion/discover something, so please do that!

Also, i think for the sake of moving the game along, we're just going to go with whatever time the person proposes unless someone objects, everyone cool with that?

After he does his second thing, Someone Awful!, you're up

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Evidently I can't edit the map anymore because outside users has exceeded three or something. I don't know. Anyway, directly north of our community is a Discovery! Yay! It's a nesting ground for some of TheCog's tentacle gators*! Oh. Wait. No. That's not a good thing. That's not a good thing at all.

*which probably need a name

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I'll figure out what's going on with the whiteboard today

In the meantime, Someone Awful!, you're up!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

quote:

There's another community somewhere on the map. Where are they? What sets them apart from you?

No one likes to speak of the Hollow Ones. Their settlement is far enough to the west for comfort, and it is as strange as they: through some sort of ingenuity, they seem to have hollowed out many of the less-rotted trees and made homes from them. From afar, the lights from within their tree-houses seem as fireflies and swamp gas.

Perhaps they use this camouflage to protect their wounded, women and children, who look to be the primary inhabitants. Most of their men, it seems, create roving bands to loot and scavenge. This is how we learned of their presence -- one of their bands sneaked in and robbed us of vital supplies, and our best trackers followed them through the murk, nearly missing the Hollow Ones' settlement in the gloam.

The curious and imaginative say that the Hollow Ones serve a nihilistic god, but most of us care only to stay clear of their path. Their presence has many fearing for our continued safety: if they know of us, of where we live and our (admittedly meager) stores, might they mass upon us and attack?

Action - Start a Project: Sturdy walls would be ideal, but the swamp would never be so charitable. If we scrape together the scavenged wood, metal and other flotsam, we might be able to build some kind of crude fencing that won't sink into the muck. It'll likely never keep a determined party out, but it could perhaps buy us some time -- whether to arm ourselves or flee -- if or when the Hollow Ones take an interest in us again.

Such makeshift walls should take about two weeks to erect, including time spent sorting through the flotsam for appropriate and usable parts.

I can't edit the whiteboard either and I don't know if I was supposed to mark the settlement on it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I have literal no idea what;s going on with the whiteboard and how to fix it, so I'm finding an alternate solution.

Please hold!

• Locked thread