Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treasure bear

i will buy an item

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizzatime

suggestions for shop's inventory welcome

admission to line of goods not guaranteed

City of Glompton

Pizzatime posted:

A dog woke me barking so I recorded him for my game: https://youtu.be/mAZ-tIcrI_w

haha nice

shop should have bone wax, for a polished, protected finish

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

alnilam

a free stream game of their choice + skullgirlz

Pizzatime

Still abroad doing mockups with the little ressources I have. So, stolen photos from the internet and pixel art I don't need any reference for.
This is the next big cornerstone of the story. there's still a whole piece of story between this scene and the current snow stuff, but it's to my mind as it'll be to the player's memory, probably.
Gonna have to drive to some nearby cities and look for good oldey times marketplaces with a cool fountain. Was gonna take pictures like that yesterday night but then a drunk dude chased me. Thinking maybe Marburg.

Pizzatime

I also really wanna keep, or, well, start, doing "actual" devlog entries instead of just what's on my mind. Have been making voice notes while driving that I could just turn into podcasts, or I could sit down each evening recording a little video, or just do the same but in a pure text/forums post kinda way with links to appropriate media like images, sounds and music.
Also still wondering how much of the game is okay to be exposed - either I go full spoiler and consider everybody reading this "advanced players" that will still play the game after watching me go through developing it, or I'll actually worry a lot about what to expose and what not, taking a somewhat advanced approad to what I'll expose. The more important question would be in what way to do devlogs though, videos, podcasts, just text? all would work, though I dunno if it wouldn't be confusing having videos as a major part of the devlog that you could only look at from not within the actual devlog thread...or I'll just develop the game and never post about it until it's finished to avoid wasting time worrying about all that kinda stuff. decisions, decisions.

Pizzatime

currently stumped trying to fix bugs in the engine

Pizzatime

updated to the flixel dev branch and am now a better person

waiting on a fix of the recent lime update making everythin lag like hell and weird visual shenanigans

Pizzatime

aFOREMENtioned visual shenanigans

City of Glompton

updating my resume to include "advanced player"

Pizzatime

Excuse me, I'll have you know I'm an advanced player

Pizzatime

just wanna inform you that I've been spending all week discussing framework related issues with the community. being able to play any number of different sound effects for every typed letter of text during conversations might not be that significant in the grand scope of having to create and publish a whole drat game by oneself, but I lack any sense of relation between amount of work required and benefit gained when it comes to making video games

Pizzatime

After almost a months of just trying to fix these sound related engine-side bugs and being unable to do so, I found out that none of them occur when simply running the game in fullscreen mode.

Pizzatime

pretty happy about being able to work on this again without worries

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
Congrats on being worry free!

Pizzatime

Pizzatime fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 11, 2016

everythingWasBees

what's a flixel and why would you use it

everythingWasBees

seeing your portfolio is the only reason i remembered byob exists
your portfolio is really really good btw and i hope to get anywhere close to that a year after graduation

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ron color

haha drat. weve all been there

Pizzatime

everythingWasBees posted:

what's a flixel and why would you use it

flixel is a framework for flash. haxeflixel is that same framework for haxe, which also exports to flash, as well as windows, mac, linux, iOS, android and html5.

thanks for the praise on the portfolio. I'm hard at work creating a game design showreel to streamline looking at my stuff for possible employers.

that little dude will be walking through a 1 bit world looking at videos of the games I made basically.

Pizzatime

Here's a somewhat polished WIP video of the showreel if anybody'd like to drop some feedback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv1ROlKbeOY

Pizzatime

why is this taking so long to make?

WIP4B: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZoZnmHbuw8

Lawrence Gilchrist

Skullz 2: skullz out

Pizzatime

I posted this in the coding horrors thread, and now I'm posting it here:

code:
if (scene4_foreskin.y > 114)
{
	scene4_foreskin.y -= 2;
}
else
{
	scene4_foreskin.y = 114;
	if (scene4_omega.x < 0)
	{
		scene4_omega.x += 2;
	}
	else
	{
		scene4_omega.x = 0;
		if (scene4_roadkill.y < 0)
		{
			scene4_roadkill.y += 2;
		}
		else
		{
			scene4_roadkill.y = 0;
			if (scene4_down.x > 296)
			{
				scene4_down.x -= 2;
			}
			else
			{
				scene4_down.x = 296;
				if (scene4_sign.y > 67)
				{
					scene4_sign.y -= 2;
				}
				else
				{
					scene4_sign.y = 67;
					State = 14;
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

"I know what I'm doing."

...don't worry, we'll be back on skullz track right after the weekend. or maybe I'll finish that tower game first...

Pizzatime

the thing is done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXhneq9TQ7M

Moola

Pizzatime posted:

suggestions for shop's inventory welcome

admission to line of goods not guaranteed

bonemeal

ectoplasm

spook juice

milk

calcium tablets/powder

'I've Got A Bone to Pick' an erotic novel for lusty skeletons

barrels

everythingWasBees

it should sell that one skeleton from art class that you'd always dress up in hats and scarves and lobsters

ours was named Klaus

Pizzatime

Moola posted:

bonemeal

ectoplasm

spook juice

milk

calcium tablets/powder

'I've Got A Bone to Pick' an erotic novel for lusty skeletons

barrels

great suggestions, thanks!

keep em comin if you got em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

that looks good!

also, store inventory idea: a fossilized bone ("it looks unhealthy")

• Locked thread