Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

zen death robot posted:

I'm gonna aim high, for your face

make sure you adjust for that 15 year old infrastructure crumbling under you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the worlds most advanced forums software

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i kid, but thank you for taking on the otherwise thankless and apparently unpaid ops role to keep this garbage fire smouldering into the 21st century

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

zen death robot posted:

It's something alright

yeah, that something sure is awful

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
frontend servers running on ESX hosts that had outdated versions installed to begin with and never updated (5.0.x :barf:)
still using bare metal servers for the backend

ya sounds about right :smith:

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

infernal machines posted:

i kid, but thank you for taking on the otherwise thankless and apparently unpaid ops role to keep this garbage fire smouldering into the 21st century

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
cause stone cold said so

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

zen death robot posted:

I'm a terrible programmer so I'd never call myself that. I just help do some backend poo poo if the need arises because I'm bored at work often enough to volunteer my time and I'd rather not see this place die because no one knew how to mark a drive as a hot spare when the provider swaps out a dead disk.

If you're bored at work, u should get a new job.

Job idea: forums computer programmer.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
lol at the past-tense in the thread title

• Locked thread