Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One Punch Man is Madhouse's adaptation of the hit action/comedy webmanga created by ONE and based on the Young Jump redraw with art by Eyeshield 21's Yusuke Murata. It follows Saitama, a man who has become a superhero as a hobby and has become so strong that most of the fun is gone. Along the way, he makes friends, enemies, and generally punches monsters into paste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcpVSbmphSQ

Staff

Director: Shingo Natsume
Script: Tomohiro Suzuki
Music: Makoto Miyazaki
Original creator:
ONE (story)
Yuusuke Murata (art)
Character Design: Chikashi Kubota
Art Director:
Shigemi Ikeda
Yukiko Maruyama
Chief Animation Director: Chikashi Kubota
Sound Director: Shoji Hata
Director of Photography: Akane Fukuhara

Dramatis Personae

Saitama (Makoto Furukawa)
The titular One Punch Man, though he's never actually referred to as One Punch Man, so don't get confused I'm talking to you, ANN. After saving a child from a crab monster who wore briefs three years ago, he decided to abandon looking for a job and become a superhero. He's trained so hard that he can take on any enemy in one punch, which as it turns out, is super loving BORING. As a result, he's kinda aloof and just coasting through this whole thing.

Genos (Kaito Ishikawa)
A cyborg destroyed my village so I became a cyborg and now I want Saitama to teach me hero stuff.

See? Twenty words. Was that so hard?

Why Should I Watch One Punch Man?

*Wickedly funny comedy, especially as the series is going to go on
*A large cast of quirky characters
*Really great action scnes
*The Murata version of the manga looks godly, and the anime continues this.
*No, seriously.
*Just fantastic.
*And the opening's by JAM Project!

REGARDING SPOILERS

Only things that have happened in the anime go here.
If you want to talk about things not in the anime, but in Murata's redraw, go here
If it's not in either the anime or Murata's redraw, get your rear end over here.

One Punch Man is licensed by Viz and streams every Sunday on Hulu (US Only) and Daisuki (Pretty much everywhere). No subscription is required to watch either, so it'd be really cool if you officially supported it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2efCPVqkL9Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
What the hell dude, I already made this thread?! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746457&perpage=40

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Seafood was just gonna ask me to make a new thread anyway.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gas.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
This thread will do just fine, or would but you seem to have struck an agreement.

• Locked thread