Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I suppose on reflection my biggest mistake this game was posting too much but not thinking enough before posting. When I'm town I try to post off the cuff and as naturally as possible because I want to have my sincerity come across in my posts, but in this game if I had taken a few minutes before posting to read, edit, and maybe even decline posting entirely, I might have been able to dismiss merk and Diqnol's (bad, silly, nonsense) cases against me more easily.

I also hoped that going in strong and early on KB would help my town game, too, but when I realized the KB case was mistaken I couldn't elegantly back away from it (though I had hoped my mea culpas would be perceived as townie as well).

I think, though, that I was more "sinned against" than sinful. Merk and Diqnol's cases were legitimately bad but only town-FoxTerrier noticed that; KB was focusing on me at the exclusion of everyone else; huge numbers of the town were lurking... just a bad situation overall.

Anyway. Thank you busb for hosting it, this was, at least for me briefly, a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
also reading too much into D1 is stupid, and not responding to forced "content generating" activities isn't a bad thing

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

also reading too much into D1 is stupid, and not responding to forced "content generating" activities isn't a bad thing

nah this is untrue.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

EccoRaven posted:

nah this is untrue.

This is scummy imo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Trying to get me lynched D1 was a super lovely thing to do, whoever started it.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

that was me. sorry brosef.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ecco, you got lynched. You can either grow as a mafia player from the lynch or blame everyone else. I'll tell you which option keeps your game stagnant if you need.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Blaming the lynchee for a mislynch is illogical (given the interest scum have in forcing mislynches) and also the most frustrating aspect of the community because it wrongly stops town lynchers from having to examine their play.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Birdstrike posted:

Blaming the lynchee for a mislynch is illogical (given the interest scum have in forcing mislynches) and also the most frustrating aspect of the community because it wrongly stops town lynchers from having to examine their play.

I already said that I'm going to learn from the lynch.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

I already said that I'm going to learn from the lynch.

See that you do!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I had fun.

I said earlier that the victory kinda felt hollow and it does, but at the same time I also feel that I put in a solid effort this game and that the quiet town aren't something inside my control.

When I was running the numbers in my head for the win tonight I thought to myself that assuming town were all around for the lynch that we'd only be close to victory, assuming that nothing went wrong and assuming there'd be last minute shuffling among town to at least try to cover up.

The faux vig made chills run down my spine - until I looked at the numbers and realised that even if we were a person down, due to the fact that the town had barely moved, we would probably have won anyway.

My biggest hat tips this game go to Kashuno and Soag. Kashuno played a tight game and read me correctly from the start - I think I wanted him dead after the Soag vouch, but we went with someone else instead. Letting him live was a mistake as from my perspective poo poo was falling apart at the end of the last day - he was a big part of that. I reckon he would have nailed us down given another day.

Soag's a prick, but a loving good mafia player and a funny bastard. He apparently knows my play style too well, so I played along with his expectations and lightly bussed bif pretty much the entire game - much like Beet, he has blinders for her argumentative style, which made bussing her an effective strategy.

Think I'm done with mafia for another few months - this is the sort of game that you can't really play well on a phone, and I have other poo poo that I need to do at home than effort post for hours.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
haha wow, what an ending.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Good game all, it was a pleasure playing with you all.

I'm sorry I was against you Keane, it's not what I wanted :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Rarity posted:

I'm sorry I was against you Keane, it's not what I wanted :(

It is okay. You played whacikly enough for the whacky thread!

• Locked thread