Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Wezlar posted:

I really liked the game in theory but as someone who mostly tried to f2p it games took way too long and even doing dailies felt like a slog.

Being able to do my dailies in like 1 or 2 games was great. Taking like, 5 or more games now? No thanks.

That and there was 0 real support for my favourite builds this expansion (creep died and so did healyonar)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?
Yeah, I really wanted mobile or even better performance on my laptop. It felt so sluggish.

It’s a shame since the game was so much better than hearthstone, which is what I am back to now.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Kronikle posted:

I think there's only 3 devs left who are still working on the game (plus maybe some artists). Not sure if the remaining devs are still gonna be making any new content at this point or if it's just maintenance mode. It sucks because I really really enjoyed working on Duelyst and still think it's a fantastic game.

Sorry to hear about it really. I thought the game had a lot of potential but it seems everything was just a little mismanaged which, against a market as dominated as the digital card game market, seems very unforgiving. Hope you get/got reemployed elsewhere quickly!

Honestly moreso than mobile I think I would've loved to see some kind of deck building turn based strategy game in the vein of Slay the Spire but with the sort of gameplay that Duelyst had, but that would be a pretty divergent path for an online multiplayer game to take.

In slightly more light hearted news, it seems Dead Cells added some references to Duelyst to the in game paintings. Check the bottom right/top right.

Minera fucked around with this message at 13:00 on May 8, 2018

• Locked thread