Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The V in Metal Gear Solid V isn't actually a Roman numeral for 5, it's an initial for Venom. There is no MGS5.
/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Venom is called that because Snake pumped him full of poison (his memories, anger, etc) and by doing so guaranteed his painful and inevitable death

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Never Be Game Over

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The V in Metal Gear Solid V isn't actually a Roman numeral for 5, it's an initial for Venom. There is no MGS5.

now we are talking

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Venom is called that because Snake pumped him full of poison (his memories, anger, etc) and by doing so guaranteed his painful and inevitable death

Whoa.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

HOAAAAAAAAA WHOAAAA HOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Peace Walker was MGS5.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Oh Long Johnson posted:

It's because he's not the whole snake, just the part of it that kills you.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh Long Johnson posted:

V has come to.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
is there actually a point to capturing mechs in peace walker, or is it like a trophy

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

elf help book posted:

is there actually a point to capturing mechs in peace walker, or is it like a trophy
They're a big boon for the PMC minigame that gets you extra resources and soldiers, from what I remember, at least early on.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

If you want to grind the phone style time missions yeh but otherwise no

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

well, its a cool trophy anyway

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
Its also a reference to the book "V." where the title character is also a secret agent of mysterious identity whose body gradually gets more and more replaced by devices and machines. Spoilers for the 800 pg book "V." you aren't going to read

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've read V

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was a long long time ago though and I only remember he 100ish pages about sewer alligators

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Peace Walker was MGS5.

basically this, i p.much consider Peace Walker the last MGS game in the story and MGSV as fan fiction.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

basically this, i p.much consider Peace Walker the last MGS game in the story and MGSV as fan fiction.

MGSV was Metal Gear Solid 6.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the commander wont come out of the helicopter so i hate this game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

oh i just had to hurt the helicopter itself more, which i didnt want to do cuz it seemed like a waste of ammo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i killed the peace walker in peace walker and saw the credits but i guess i gotta wait for more game to unlock its hard when you dont know if you beat a game or not

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

elf help book posted:

i killed the peace walker in peace walker and saw the credits but i guess i gotta wait for more game to unlock its hard when you dont know if you beat a game or not

You should check on your prisoner

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

I quit for a year after I beat peace walker then I saw people talking about what happens afterwards.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

metal gear cuck

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

I quit for a year after I beat peace walker then I saw people talking about what happens afterwards.

the "ending" has a TO BE CONTINUED IN CHAPTER 5 screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

cant coop the date with paz mission...

• Locked thread