Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah, I kept waiting for Nick or Hank to notice that, and have it turn out to be an alias or something. But nope, they just played it straight.

A guy named "Otto Octavius" ends up with eight arms? Figure the odds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yeah in Season.....what was it, three? Nick at least raised an eyebrow at 'Leo Taymor'.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Astrofig posted:

Yeah in Season.....what was it, three? Nick at least raised an eyebrow at 'Leo Taymor'.
I imagine that, among wessen, names that reflect their other side are pretty popular for parents to give their children. It's a link to their heritage, like naming your kid after a grandparent. So "Leo" is a pretty good name for a Löwen, I'm 100% ok with that... adding in Taymor as a last name is the step too far.

Then again, there's plenty of humans in real life who do that poo poo anyway. (Kanye's kid "North West" for example) so perhaps Joan Vark's parents were just religious lunatics. Or she renamed herself at some point, which would be in character for a crazy lady who thinks God is talking to her. Either situation should have been worthy of a snarky "really?" from Wu or Hank, at the very least.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 19, 2016

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Robot Hobo posted:

I imagine that, among wessen, names that reflect their other side are pretty popular for parents to give their children. It's a link to their heritage, like naming your kid after a grandparent. So "Leo" is a pretty good name for a Löwen, I'm 100% ok with that... adding in Taymor as a last name is the step too far.

Then again, there's plenty of humans in real life who do that poo poo anyway. (Kanye's Kid "North West" for example) so perhaps Joan Vark's parents were just religious lunatics.

My last name is Darrow and we pronounce it so it rhymes with arrow. The joke in my family is that if either my brother or I have a kid, we will name it Bowen.

Although we should probably spell it as Bowan to make it correct :)

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

TMMadman posted:

My last name is Darrow and we pronounce it so it rhymes with arrow. The joke in my family is that if either my brother or I have a kid, we will name it Bowen.

Although we should probably spell it as Bowan to make it correct :)

You should definitely do this.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, this guy got boned. :v:

Also, from the last episode but is it me or does it seem like Diana is way older than she should actually look?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also Wu is dumb and should tell Nick about his issue right now.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
GUYS GUYS

ZOMBIE GRIMMNESS! ALIVE BUT DYING!!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

TMMadman posted:

Also, from the last episode but is it me or does it seem like Diana is way older than she should actually look?

I think they handwaved something about how she was growing way faster than normal at some point last season.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Christ this was a disgusting episode. Definitely the wrong show to watch straight after breakfast.
Gross gross gross

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

TMMadman posted:

Nick: Let's talk to the ME, see if she's ever seen anything like this before.

M.E. I have never seen anything like this before.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TMMadman posted:

Also Wu is dumb and should tell Nick about his issue right now.

Shows love their SEEECRETS. Some worse than others. The only thing that's making the Adalind crap bearable is the fact Nick already knows because Rosalee continues to be the only smart person in the whole cast and actually loving told him. I was groaning about the Wu thing though. I was like "If he's not going to tell Nick, at LEAST he can go see Rosalee. He knows exactly what she does, and she would have info. Not that Nick's going to decapitate Wu anyway so.."

Also I love how they're all just buying the Captain is evil despite the fact from the very first Goddamn episode that's been his MO. He joins the evil side, plays along, then fucks them from the inside. Literally all he has done from day Goddamn one. Does nobody remember this?

TMMadman posted:

She has the age old TV trope when a show doesn't want to deal with young children, "Magic-related Aging."

I'd bet money that if she sticks around in a season she'll abruptly be a 20 something.

Aces High posted:

Anyone else watching tonight? Looks like Adalind is going biest again.

Also was totally expecting Monroe and Nick to find the 12th century equivalent of "your treasure is in another church"

The whole thing reminds me exactly of Heroes season 3. THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING.

Remember in Season 2 of Heroes, Sylar lost his powers completely and went on a killing rampage of murdering murderfest to get them back?

Then in Season 3 you see, they decided to completely forget that ever happened and blame them for all his evil behavior. You see, he's innocent! It's his powers that made him evil! Then they flip-flopped on that for the rest of the series, including having him bang Veronica Mars when his powers went down then saw her head off when they went back up.

All the time, again, forgetting the ENTIRE SEASON said character spent without their powers.

In fact that is pretty much blow for blow what they did here.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Apr 23, 2016

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

spookygonk posted:

Nick: Let's talk to the ME, see if she's ever seen anything like this before.

M.E. I have never seen anything like this before.

I got a huge laugh out of that as well.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

tessiebee posted:

Christ this was a disgusting episode. Definitely the wrong show to watch straight after breakfast.
Gross gross gross

Yea, I was pretty disgusted by all of the Adalind stuff too.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
/\Nicely done.

TMMadman posted:

Commonly referred to as SORAS - Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome.

tessiebee posted:

Gross gross gross

The crunching sound when the car ran over the bodies was sickening.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
YESS SOMEONE WANTS TO KILL ADALIND!!!!

Edit: drat, Reggie Lee is really killing nailing it tonight.

Also someone should create a drink with blue curacao in honor of this ep.

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 30, 2016

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I'm just hoping this is setting up a monroe and wu have to do palattes together sketch. :D

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Cannot believe they renewed this poo poo again. Gotta love NBC. I remember an interview with Silas Weir Mitchell where he was essentially like this is a cool idea but no way it works and lo and behold it somehow did...

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
It's been an up and down season. I still believe that behind all this Renard is working against black claw - trying to be the inside man. Kind of seems a little out of his character in recent seasons.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS JULIETTE IS BACK AND ROSALEE'S PREGNANT!!!

Nairb
Dec 28, 2005
Pretty entertaining finale

Cliff hanger was weak, but overall the season wrapped up pretty good with everything coming together.

I look forward to next season

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

That was actually a great finale, and easily the best the show has been all season. I look forward to Renard trying to pretend he stabbed Bonaparte on purpose to get back on the group's good side next season. Or, hopefully, he just becomes the main antagonist that they can't simply kill.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ShakeZula posted:

That was actually a great finale, and easily the best the show has been all season. I look forward to Renard trying to pretend he stabbed Bonaparte on purpose to get back on the group's good side next season. Or, hopefully, he just becomes the main antagonist that they can't simply kill.

Sad to see the post count fall through the floor but yeah, honestly the show was the best it's been in a long time. It almost makes me forgive the earlier pile of poo poo it was with last year's finale.

Seriously though, I'm glad it's renewed now. I didn't think I would be saying that last year.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Great finale because there was lots of Trubel. And Hank saw wereWu.

ShakeZula posted:

Renard does not seem to mind being manipulated by females.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

So it's worth watching the second half of the season? I stopped after Nick and Adalind were getting way too close and Juliette came back with white hair.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Binary Logic posted:

Great finale because there was lots of Trubel. And Hank saw wereWu.

Renard does not seem to mind being manipulated by females.

Well they'll have to bring in a new one because all the current living females hate him.

Thinking about it, they essentially murdered an entire police precinct in the finale, including probably a dozen of them inside their own station. Interested to see how they handle the fallout there.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LivesInGrey posted:

So it's worth watching the second half of the season? I stopped after Nick and Adalind were getting way too close and Juliette came back with white hair.

Honestly it's the best it's been in a while at this point. Last season was so loving incompetent.

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
I thoroughly enjoyed the 2 hour finale.

Though, with Bonaparte's death, I wonder if they're just going to make it Grimm and the few vs Renard and black claw ... which kind of sounds weak. I guess they'll have to incorporate Diana in this, but she seems to hurt only those that threaten Renard and Adalind ...

In regards to Bonaparte's death , I kind feel like they did this too soon. He stressed the desire for the Grimm book, which now seems sort of pointless because no other black claw character even mentioned it.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

ShakeZula posted:

I got the feeling Renard was having doubts anyway, I assumed that was what he was going to say to Rachel before he realised she was dead. Even before that it's not like he was saying Black Claw was a calling for him, just the most pragmatic choice because he thought they would win.

I wonder if Diana will be the big baddie next season, she's basically a little girl Kilgrave with additional powers. Hope baby Kelly never cries when she's wanting attention from Adalind or anything.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Yeah I have to echo that was a fantastic finale. There wasn't a dull moment. I thought Bonaparte was sort of a wimpy villain/ mastermind but when he woged I was like ok this guy is terrifying.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

sssooooooooooo what is going to happen if Juliette has re-emerged? Are we going to go through more "I'm ~eeeeeeevil~ now" poo poo like last year? Is Nick going to get back with her and Adalind sticks it out with Renard so that Rosemary's Baby doesn't murder everyone?

Did we drop the whole "Diana has Royal Blood" thing in favour of "she's a Zauxenbiest, she does scary things even in comparison to what Juliette/Eve has been demonstrated to do"? I mean I'm fine with that since this whole Black Claw seems waaaaaay more interesting than Royals feuding, especially since they kept dropping like flies.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Season six will open with Adelind and Juliette married, Nick banging Renard's mom, and Renard dating were-wu without Wu's knowledge. None of this will be commented on or explained.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
bah

Monroe and Rosalie will make the dull surprise face and comment for the audience and ask what the heck happened.

There will be, of course, no answer. :p

shades of eternity fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 27, 2016

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Speaking of marriages, apparently David and Bitsie announced their engagement at Comic Con last weekend. Congrats to them.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Season 6 is the final season: http://www.darkhorizons.com/nbc-sets-grimm-series-finale/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Good, now we can have the Rosalee and Monroe spinoff we deserve.

• Locked thread