Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Pope Hilarius II posted:

Brugge is one giant tourist trap, but you do you

I went to Brugge with my family in 1985. I was 15. I thought it was a lovely town, and I had baked Camembert for the first time, which was also lovely. Then I stepped in a pile of swan poo poo in my new red linen boots that I I bought in London, and my opinion of the entire town changed. I still have the fingerless lace gloves that I got there, but I still hate swans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

fullerene posted:

isn't that the bad guy from James Bond

No, it's the bad guy from Austin Powers.

dinahmoe posted:

I went to Brugge with my family in 1985. I was 15. I thought it was a lovely town, and I had baked Camembert for the first time, which was also lovely. Then I stepped in a pile of swan poo poo in my new red linen boots that I I bought in London, and my opinion of the entire town changed. I still have the fingerless lace gloves that I got there, but I still hate swans.

If it helps, the swans hate you right back.

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Bruges is a lovely place to lie about, get drunk, and eat fries.

The rest of Belgium has little to recommend it.

Brussels has got that statue of a naked little boy peeing. Antwerp has a drat fine red lights district.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Antwerp is the cocaine capital of Europe. There's something for everyone.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

What's this? A Werp for Ants?!?!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah I always thought it was a twerp?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:helladid: You have 13 probations and 2 bans. You were just on probation for a month, you come back, and within a day you get probated again. 627 users have you on ignore. If you re-reg, you will only be allowed to post in the following forums: D&D/LF, Pet Island, Helldump, BYOB. If you evade this, you get permabanned. Oh and you can only post in D&D if it's an MP3 of yourself talking. Thank you! :helladid:

BeastUK posted:

My point (again) is that English does not have a vocative declension (or 'ending', in your comprehensive school terminology) and therefore is ambiguous unless proper punctuation is used. As I demonstrated. It wasn't clear that 'you jackass' was a vocative clause and not just jackass, you jackass.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
HopperUK, do you have any response to this? What gives?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
some people keep trying to talk about English cases but generally we decline them

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Empty Sandwich posted:

some people keep trying to talk about English cases but generally we decline them

I find this outrageously accusative

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I remember beastUK

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
things getting kinda tense ITT :ohdear:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

haveblue posted:

things getting kinda tense ITT :ohdear:

Don't worry it's past

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's just verbiage.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

bad posts wrecking the mood now

ChthonicMasturbatr
Sep 29, 2021

born on a mountain
live in a cave
hugging and tugging
is all that i crave
Verbal morphology puns in a nominal morphology pun derail? Absolutively infuriating.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

ChthonicMasturbatr posted:

Verbal morphology puns in a nominal morphology pun derail? Absolutively infuriating.

I saw it posted 15 years ago and it rings true still: The last post on something awful will be a loving terrible pun.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

OPAONI posted:

I saw it posted 15 years ago and it rings true still: The last post on something awful will be a loving terrible pun.

I hope it will be at the end of a long string of goons rehashing the smooth sharks jokes for the millionth time so that I can make a "fin" joke to end it all.

And if you don't think one of my posts could end the forums, for some reason my posts tend to end threads so it could happen!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

OPAONI posted:

It was true for a long time, but now I feel the last post on something awful will be a suicide joke

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The last post on these forums, if it is a scheduled thing, is going to be our old friend because a ton of people will be spamming the picture.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

wizard2 posted:

HopperUK, do you have any response to this? What gives?

NO RELATION

I remember that guy, didn't realise he'd been gone for so long. He made me want to change my username but I am too lazy.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

HopperUK posted:

NO RELATION

I remember that guy, didn't realise he'd been gone for so long. He made me want to change my username but I am too lazy.

He should change his name, he's the one who sucks.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

CzarChasm posted:

He should change his name, he's the one who sucks.

:hai:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Dameius posted:

The last post on these forums, if it is a scheduled thing, is going to be our old friend because a ton of people will be spamming the picture.

Or a pig with huge balls performing Nearer, My God, to Thee.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dameius posted:

That post that ends about asking for software drivers but it's complaining about burning rain and giant fissures opening before

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Someone manages to post one tasteless edit of the mushroom clouds rising over th

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Tree Bucket posted:

Someone manages to post one tasteless loss edit of the mushroom clouds rising over th

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The goatman finally farted huh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm 100% positive the goat man can't fart

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
A tuba can still produce sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Sounds like someone blowing over the mouth of an empty wine jug