Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You can go back to the Commonwealth easily as they have a fast travel point. Left Longfellow at Sanctuary. Enjoy the nightclub I built there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Something that I experienced and I figured I would warn about is a glitch with making a robot workbench at some of the Far Harbor settlements, specifically at Longfellow's Cabin. It lets you build in this huge area, but stuff built outside the fog collectors doesn't seem to work right. I initially built the robot workbench out in an open area beyond the fog collectors and it looked fine. Built a robot, set it as a provisioner, watched it toddle off, but the route never showed up on my map. I figured it was just a glitch, so built a second robot, and tried to assign it to a supply route to a different settlement. Same result.

I thought maybe it was because Longfellow's is out on an island and the robots were drowning or something, so I built another and tried to assign it to crops. Would not assign. I reloaded a save and tried again, same thing. I tried fortifying the island, and noticed that when I made a heavy machinegun turret that if it was inside the perimeter of the fog collectors then I could cycle through selecting it and the level of the turret would change like normal, up to level 7. If I tried to do this outside the perimeter of the fog collectors it would only spawn as a level 1 turret.

It looks like the Far Harbor settlements have different sets of rules than normal settlements, and things spawned outside the area covered by fog collectors are subject to more restrictions than those within. I did build an industrial water purifier at Longfellow's outside that area, and it seems to be functioning normally, but I'm keeping an eye on it.

Hope this is helpful to someone, at least.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was seriously underwhelmed when I finally solved the Cranberry Bog puzzle.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I loved the hotel murder mystery. When the Miss Nanny robot accosted me on the road looking for help I was honestly expecting just a Kryten situation where everyone had been dead for 200 years already, but the twist was great, and the solution to the mystery was actually pretty clever. It's still just walking around talking to people and passing charisma checks, but for a Bethesda quest it was pretty good.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Entropic posted:

I loved the hotel murder mystery. When the Miss Nanny robot accosted me on the road looking for help I was honestly expecting just a Kryten situation where everyone had been dead for 200 years already, but the twist was great, and the solution to the mystery was actually pretty clever. It's still just walking around talking to people and passing charisma checks, but for a Bethesda quest it was pretty good.

Yessss, this was so great. I loved how the Sole Survivor got really into it too. "I have some questions for you...about the muuurrr-derrrr!"

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Speedball posted:

Yessss, this was so great. I loved how the Sole Survivor got really into it too. "I have some questions for you...about the muuurrr-derrrr!"
I doubt they did, but I really want to go back and check if they put any Silver Shroud lines in for if you're wearing the costume.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Speedball posted:

I had to stop and laugh for about five or ten minutes after discussing the paintings with the artist robot and getting to the third piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Dr.Smasher posted:

I had to stop and laugh for about five or ten minutes after discussing the paintings with the artist robot and getting to the third piece.

I went with the third option there. "This...IS BULLSHIT! You're wasting my time!" "Got it in one! I made this for a lark! And somehow it sold better than my last three paintings combined!

• Locked thread