Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus

can two people mutually non-consent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

echinopsis posted:

Jesus

can two people mutually non-consent?

i dont see who would press charges

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Hans and Jez together talking about Sophies brother always makes me laugh, but then I get super uncomfortable when they actually start trying to force the issue with Sophies brother.
(EDIT: This is like the first real thread I ever started so thanks for keeping it alive :))

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 19, 2016

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

Taear posted:

We don't really have enough information on Sophie to say what she's truly like.

There was a little more information in one of the DVD extras, they did an excerpt with her voiceover instead of Jez & Mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaK8GU1WIiw

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Taear posted:

We don't really have enough information on Sophie to say what she's truly like. Mark idolises her in the first two series but she stays with him when she shouldn't, stays with Jeff when he's absolutely awful and is generally kinda self destructive.

That said I'd say Jez is the worst because like Sash! says most of the horrible poo poo Mark does comes from Jez starting the ball rolling. The only truly bad thing I can think that mark did without jez's influence was reading Sophie's emails.
He did stalk/cyberstalk multiple women, also he poisoned Gerrard at the party, and I feel like there must be more. Although he is mostly petty and vindictive rather than actually criminal, so maybe he just seems worse than he is. Like Jez will do bad things without really thinking about it eg let Superhans relapse so he can get off with Big Suze, so he doesn't seem evil so much as selfish.

e: I just checked to see if the poisoning was Mark on his own steam (it was) and when Jeremy asks why he invited Gerrard it's the "I thought it would look petty and vindictive not to, and as a petty and vindictive person I have to take extra care not to appear petty and vindictive" line.

XMNN fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Feb 19, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

One Swell Foop posted:

There was a little more information in one of the DVD extras, they did an excerpt with her voiceover instead of Jez & Mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaK8GU1WIiw

poo poo. I'd kill for them to do a whole alternate cut of the show with Duper Hans, Sophie, Johnson, etc. doing the VO whenever possible.

e: gonna leave that Super Hans typo.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Is there a reason why she's called "Big" Suze?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
shes somewhat tall

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

FrensaGeran posted:

Is there a reason why she's called "Big" Suze?

Apparently the 'big' prefix is something upper-middle class people use a lot. It took us a while to work this out in the British Programme discussion thread because we're all too common I suppose.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
I was wondering about that too. To me, calling someone 'big' would normally mean 'fat' but Big Suze is certainly not fat. I guess it's like that expression: "You're not big and you're not clever" which just sounds a bit odd to me. Then again I'm not British so sometimes UK TV is a little impenetrable to me.

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!
I thought it was because the actor played grown up Susan in narnia.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

I just assumed they knew two girls named Suze and she was the taller of the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Maybe some day we'll get Peep Show Kidz to answer all these questions

• Locked thread