Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
I don't have a strong feeling regarding boosts. I'm fairly all in on arbalests as you guys know, and there is no purchaseable boost for them.

I don't mind switching off paladins, I'll just remove them entirely from my defensive setup. I don't use them on offence at all.

For offence I'm basically exclusively running mummy-arbalest-cannon, just ramboing as far through as possible and then dropping mummies, leaving cannons to clean up everything behind. Paladins are more a slowpush strat with heal/shield.

I'd honestly be happy going with no elite boost outside of war season and focusing on getting the alliance level upgraded instead?

Stunning Ogre is really strong on both offense and defense I've found, but I don't know that we can afford to keep that one up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Well I know a lot of alliances use constantly boosted knights. Giving them fire damage lets them attack firebolt towers, they do extra to wooden barricades, and when boosted tehy will attack traps etc..plus you can get a horde of them. They're not so hot against aoe defenses, like mortars (though those are also good against paladins).

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Ephemeron posted:

Don't even try to win Diamond as a new player - that's where the big bored whales hunt and they have bonuses to medal gains that you or I don't have yet.

haha holy poo poo this, I thought it was quite easy progressing through the ranks but diamond has a couple of players who must be dumping their inheritance into the game.

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
With the changes to how medals are granted for raids, I've gone from being able to consistently win platinum to having to focus all resources just to win gold/silver. I get 25 medals for 99% of my raids now, so they're completely useless for getting medals.

The most food efficient way i've found to get medals is just to raid grotesque grotto V over and over again.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

cupachabra posted:

haha holy poo poo this, I thought it was quite easy progressing through the ranks but diamond has a couple of players who must be dumping their inheritance into the game.

No... that's not true. The top like 10 players in the game get a medal bonus. I think people are just flying through vouchers to win diamond. I have like 3000 vouchers. If I really wanted to win diamond I could raid virtually nonstop for 2 days.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Majestic posted:

With the changes to how medals are granted for raids, I've gone from being able to consistently win platinum to having to focus all resources just to win gold/silver. I get 25 medals for 99% of my raids now, so they're completely useless for getting medals.

The most food efficient way i've found to get medals is just to raid grotesque grotto V over and over again.

If you win diamond you get the king of the world achievement level 1, then 5, then 10, its one of the "endgame" things to do. That being said, I think its actually easier to do earlier, if you plan out and overlevel farms and some specific units.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

We're back up with lots of new members, doing ok in our first war in a while, we may pull out 2nd or 3rd, going to be really close.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

eh I was wrong, trophies dont matter for who you are matched with in wars:

http://forums.flaregames.com/topic/2265-the-official-royal-revolt-2-alliance-war-faq/

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
I've just hit level 44, with all inside castle buildings, troops and spells upgraded fully with a throne room level 6 and I feel weak as gently caress. This only started happening recently but any opponent who has decent medal rewards wipes the floor with me defense-wise and the only opponents I can beat offer rubbish gold and medals. What gives?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

cupachabra posted:

I've just hit level 44, with all inside castle buildings, troops and spells upgraded fully with a throne room level 6 and I feel weak as gently caress. This only started happening recently but any opponent who has decent medal rewards wipes the floor with me defense-wise and the only opponents I can beat offer rubbish gold and medals. What gives?

I can't say for sure but basically, you go through some cycles in the game I've found where you feel weaker than your opponents. you may be holding on to a lot of trophies, I think that's a primary matchmaking tool. I tend to hit next about 10 times on average before I attack someone, my rule is minimum 300k loot usually more like 500k.

It's also about tower selection, a lot of the early towers peter out, I use only skull/poison/firebolt and lightning. I have 0 bomb, arrow, frost or .. flame? inferno? towers.

There's also no reason not to rush.

That is: RUSH YOUR THRONE ROOM. Unlock the end game spells and towers ASAP.

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!

pseudanonymous posted:

I can't say for sure but basically, you go through some cycles in the game I've found where you feel weaker than your opponents. you may be holding on to a lot of trophies, I think that's a primary matchmaking tool. I tend to hit next about 10 times on average before I attack someone, my rule is minimum 300k loot usually more like 500k.

It's also about tower selection, a lot of the early towers peter out, I use only skull/poison/firebolt and lightning. I have 0 bomb, arrow, frost or .. flame? inferno? towers.

There's also no reason not to rush.

That is: RUSH YOUR THRONE ROOM. Unlock the end game spells and towers ASAP.

That's pretty much where I am. The only worthwhile towers are skull, snake and firebolt, with perhaps the occasional lightning thrown in. I don't raid for less than 300K as well.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
I'm not even worrying about my defense towers at the moment, although I am steadily upgrading the castle guards. No it's my offense, generally the players who have 200+ gold will wipe the floor with me before I even get half way through their defenses. :shrug: guess I'll just have to rush and hope my offence gets stronger.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
Got Mortars and now I'm overpowered. This game is hilariously broken.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

We look like we'll win this war season pretty handily.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

We're coming up on our next war season, boosted gargoyles (insta) blessign wolf and boosted range cannon

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

We pull out a really awesome last minute win, tying with provinces but having more skulls than 1st place, so we came in 3rd, for boosted arbalesters.

Brave Squirrel
Mar 25, 2009
This game is pretty fun; more people should check it out. You can advanced pretty quickly if you're active and the premium currency is easy to come by.

Our group of players is very helpful and friendly. Come play with us!

pope archibald
Jun 20, 2006

:420::350:DABS ALL DAY :350::420:
agreed, people should come join up, this game is not serious at all ( you get multiple chances to beat a base) and can be quiet fun, especially when boosts pair well. These arblasters are awesome right now, I just spawn a few with a cannon or two and follow the mob down the path.

Brave Squirrel
Mar 25, 2009
Pope and others, I've (barndoor) had good success using an emulator and a few Google Play accounts to open friend invite Uber chests. The hardest part is making the Google accounts. You can probably do a search to find some techniques. It's been easy enough so far that I just use different Wi-Fi and cellular networks in incognito mode to prevent Google asking for a phone number (they block most of the free/temporary phone number providers).

I've opened 4 so far. 2 of them only gave me Uber pearls (90 something)...

pope archibald
Jun 20, 2006

ah, I'll try that out, or ill just download it on a friends phone.

On another note, is bobes2 a goon? More housecleaning is on the way, Ill kick some more inactives next war. Von what do you want to do about the semi-active pubbies?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

pope archibald posted:

ah, I'll try that out, or ill just download it on a friends phone.

On another note, is bobes2 a goon? More housecleaning is on the way, Ill kick some more inactives next war. Von what do you want to do about the semi-active pubbies?

Lets keep kicking the worst of them trying to maintain a safety margin.

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
So while I'm back from my travels, it seems my phone took some damage at some point, as it now hard-crashes if I try to do anything other than make calls/send texts with it, so I'm currently AWOL I'm afraid. I'm about to go to SE Asia for five weeks to do some humanitarian work anyway, so would be largely out of touch either way. I might just stop even trying to log in so I go inactive and can't be a target in wars.
Sorry!

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Majestic posted:

So while I'm back from my travels, it seems my phone took some damage at some point, as it now hard-crashes if I try to do anything other than make calls/send texts with it, so I'm currently AWOL I'm afraid. I'm about to go to SE Asia for five weeks to do some humanitarian work anyway, so would be largely out of touch either way. I might just stop even trying to log in so I go inactive and can't be a target in wars.
Sorry!

No problem, it's a poop game.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Right, stumbled across this game. I assume people are still playing? Sent invite to the guild as Freakazip anyway

Adding my code on the off chance someone else joins.
BOVBRFTOC

elvie fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 29, 2016

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

elvie posted:

Right, stumbled across this game. I assume people are still playing? Sent invite to the guild as Freakazip anyway

Adding my code on the off chance someone else joins.
BOVBRFTOC

Installed this on a whim, added your friend code. Mine is JNQLIZLFM if anyone else is playing.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

so I think I'm going to close the alliance, though we have 2 new ppl. Ugh

think we should all join the same alliance, and if we ever get really big again (30+) restart an alliance.

Brave Squirrel
Mar 25, 2009
Sorry guys, when I left I didn't realize we had a few new goons. Either way, to keep boosts going and have a good gold bonus takes a much larger alliance than we had.

I (barndoor) found an alliance and furi0us is trying out another one so we can compare them. Von, Pope, and I are in the same alliance now, but their usual minimums are 250k donation and upper 70s in level. I've made pretty good friends with some of the leaders already and they told me we can get you in lower than that, but not as low as you are now.

Freakazip, you and ryan should join the best alliance you can find so you can power level up and join us. I think once you can donate 150k and are maybe mid-upper 60s in level we can try to get you in. Look for alliances with the best gold bonus and troop boosts on. You can see the troop boosts by looking at their members' attack screen.

Ryan you should add me as a friend so we can keep track of you and Freakazip. I'm not sure who all were goons, but if we missed anyone speak up. Since we're a little divided now feel free to post whatever questions here or message me in game.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Man this war certainly drove home for me how good you top guys were in ugievarcherstoo and how much was donated.
On a side note, it sure is a slow climb up the player level ladder

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

elvie posted:

Man this war certainly drove home for me how good you top guys were in ugievarcherstoo and how much was donated.

Essentially the way the game is its impossible to ever "catch up" completely because I have weeks and weeks of crystal upgrades invested into top tier towers like lightning now. That being said it's not hard to get up there and have fun raiding.

pope archibald
Jun 20, 2006

Thank you barndoor for getting us into this top tier guild, having these boosts all the time, as well as the +gold % is awesome and I have not had a hard time getting loot at all. Having a barricade always being worked on is nice too since the cooldown is so short, feels more active.

This ninja event is interesting, are we going to get to use ninjas at some point?

Brave Squirrel
Mar 25, 2009
I forgot to post about this earlier, but you can easily open all of those "Friend Invite" uberchests. Every time you uninstall and reinstall Royal Revolt through the Windows app store you start fresh (in Windows, at least). No need for a new Microsoft Live account or any other account. Just uninstall, reinstall, go through the tutorial, then enter the code. Repeat the next time you get a friend chest. My main RR account is on my phone, so I just use one of my desktop PCs to do this trick and unlock them.

Also, if you need pearls, save up those "Free Extra Chests" (you can get them every 2 hours). Fill your food and gold, then open all of the chests at once. You won't get food or gold since those are full, so you'll pretty much only get pearls (~85%), items (~10%), and gems (~5%).

elvie posted:

I just checked your profile, again. If you level up a little bit more I'm sure we can get you in to our current alliance. Your donation level is more than enough, but they usually want level 75+. I've got a good relationship with the leadership and they're very happy with those of us who came so I'm certain they'll give you a break before 75, but I'll have to ask how much of a break. I'll let you know what they say.

Leveling can be slow. You just have to attack players as much as possible. If you use all of your food you can watch videos to keep attacking. Also, capes, weapons, belts, boots, and rings can have an XP boost for their uber perk, so keep those if you see them. I run about 40% XP boost and it makes a huge difference.

pope archibald posted:

Thank you barndoor for getting us into this top tier guild, having these boosts all the time, as well as the +gold % is awesome and I have not had a hard time getting loot at all. Having a barricade always being worked on is nice too since the cooldown is so short, feels more active.

This ninja event is interesting, are we going to get to use ninjas at some point?

Yea, these top alliances are sweet. It'd be nice to have a goon alliance, but there just aren't enough of us to get the alliance benefits, unfortunately.

I think that the number of ninjas that you win from the event will periodically spawn near you, kind of like how they do during the event battles.

Brave Squirrel
Mar 25, 2009
Good news! They're going to let Freakazip (elvie) in at his current level. He's going to stay where he is to take advantage of the upcoming war XP boost against players he's more likely to be able to beat, then come in to the alliance after the next war.

They're doing this because our group has been so active and done our daily donations and used our war attacks, for the most part, so keep that up. If you're going to be inactive for a while just let someone know so you don't get kicked. They might have you move to an alternate alliance while you're unavailable, but you can move right back when you're ready.

Sorry for the double post. My last one had a lot going on and we have such low activity I figured a new one wouldn't hurt.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Look at this superstar going into bat for me. Much obliged.

Will make sure to not tarnish all your guy's hard work when I get to join.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

It's a pretty good alliance, I wish we could get everyone to at least 250k per day. Range boosted tempest towers are the end game defense.

Brave Squirrel
Mar 25, 2009
Elvie got in so I think all the goons are together again. Is there anyone that we missed?

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
So much purple!
Looking forward to contributing to the team

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
that sure worked. thanks for this

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

elvie posted:

that sure worked. thanks for this

Enjoy. I was shooting for tempest towers that could shoot across lanes, but you can do whatever you want. I generally raid with ogre/werewolf/whatever and ogres in my request slot.

Honestly i had hit the point where it was mostly pearl grinding so. But its yours now, i'm not coming back I wont ask for it back, do what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elvie
Jan 17, 2009

pseudanonymous posted:

Enjoy. I was shooting for tempest towers that could shoot across lanes, but you can do whatever you want. I generally raid with ogre/werewolf/whatever and ogres in my request slot.

Honestly i had hit the point where it was mostly pearl grinding so. But its yours now, i'm not coming back I wont ask for it back, do what you want.

I guess its time to sully the good name of vonmouse!

But if you do change your mind. Its yours.

• Locked thread