Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Can somebody please explain spring rolls to me? Why do they exist? Who wants to eat a soggy egg roll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Spring rolls, to me, are crispier than egg rolls. Are you talking about summer rolls?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
In my experience egg rolls are softer and chewier than spring rolls. Also they have a much more substantial wrap material. Two completely different things but both very good.

Jesse Ventura
Jan 14, 2007

This drink is like somebody's memory of a grapefruit, and the memory is fading.
Who doesn't like vegetables in a soggy condom??

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe
don't know what kind of spring rolls you are eating but the ones here are crispy crunchy and filled with different stuff than eggrolls

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Do fall rolls exist?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
In Australia, a Spring Roll is what an American would call Egg Roll - deep fried wonton wrapper tubes. What I see called Spring Rolls here are what I'd call Rice Paper rolls back home; vietnamese style rice paper wrappers dipped in water, filled with vegetables and a prawn and/or roast pork.

Neither are soggy...

blumpkinhead
Nov 10, 2014

aint got no time for bird sex
no

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Ranter posted:

In Australia, a Spring Roll is what an American would call Egg Roll - deep fried wonton wrapper tubes. What I see called Spring Rolls here are what I'd call Rice Paper rolls back home; vietnamese style rice paper wrappers dipped in water, filled with vegetables and a prawn and/or roast pork.

Neither are soggy...

This is fascinating stuff yes "rice paper rolls" you certainly are an inventive and poetic kind of garbage-people from a tard-continent

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Nice healthcare system ya dickhead

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Hang on let me measure out how much soda I want: is it 37 ounces to a pound or 872672? It actually doesn't matter because it's completely arbitrary! Let's not change it to something that makes logical sense though because America.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I'm sorry I didn't understand you, could you pull your wang out of that kangaroo and try again

Oh wait let me communicate with you in your own language

"KED YEEE STO' ARRAIPINGEH AT KANGAREEER A POKE AN' SPEEK WEE YEE LAWDAHH?"

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
man this thread about delicious snacks got intense real quick

DjErichB
May 15, 2009
I want clarity, are we talking about these?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%E1%BB%8Fi_cu%E1%BB%91n
Because if so, the reason is that they are delicious.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

DjErichB posted:

I want clarity, are we talking about these?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%E1%BB%8Fi_cu%E1%BB%91n
Because if so, the reason is that they are delicious.

They aren't. They are talking about the fried ones. Which are universally garbage.

I do agree though, those rule and are to be loved.

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!
Actually who knows what he is talking about because he is a known moron and whatever type of roll he is talking about he is dumb because if it's rice paper rolls, yeah they are not soggy, and if he is not talking about rice paper rolls, there isn't really a universal definition of spring roll so he should have clarified so we could better tell him why he is wrong.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

I assume hes talking about the fried ones because people who order the rice paper ones know what they are and that they rule. Being confused over a fried mini burrito filled with cabage/asian slaw sounds more his speed.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
you are all wrong I am right hope this helps explain springrolls

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Whenever we used to order Chinese food, my father-in-law would eat nothing but spring rolls (the fried kind). That would be all he'd eat. A dozen plus spring rolls.

Anyway that's my story, and in keeping with this thread, also gently caress you.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

mich posted:

Actually who knows what he is talking about because he is a known moron

Pretty much this.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Aaronicon posted:

spring rolls (the fried kind)

Those are called egg rolls.

Also whenever I make spring rolls, I use lightly fried marinated mock duck instead of shrimps. Super good.

ColdPie fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 15, 2015

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Secret Spoon posted:

They aren't. They are talking about the fried ones. Which are universally garbage.

Bull poo poo. The Vietnamese in Australia also do an amazing mostly pork meat fried spring roll (egg rolls for the seppos) that they serve with lettuce leaves and Rau Ram for you to wrap them in, and of course Nuoc Cham for dipping it all in.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Tujague posted:

I'm sorry I didn't understand you, could you pull your wang out of that kangaroo and try again

Oh wait let me communicate with you in your own language

"KED YEEE STO' ARRAIPINGEH AT KANGAREEER A POKE AN' SPEEK WEE YEE LAWDAHH?"

________________________/

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

MasterFugu posted:

________________________/

___________________________/

:horse:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Ranter posted:

Bull poo poo. The Vietnamese in Australia also do an amazing mostly pork meat fried spring roll (egg rolls for the seppos) that they serve with lettuce leaves and Rau Ram for you to wrap them in, and of course Nuoc Cham for dipping it all in.

Yeah, I have had those. Meh. Vietnamese lettuce wraps, now those are rad.

• Locked thread