Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

So, PDF has been an open format for like 6+ years now... are there any actual freeware programs that will let me edit/rearrange PDF files? (for Windows)

Acrobat Pro is expensive, and the last time I googled around and looked, all of the supposedly free PDF programs I tried installing either came with onerous adware, or required paid upgrades to actually do what I wanted them to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Are you looking to literally edit PDFs inline, or converting them to a regular, editable format and then re-save said PDF?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I like to be able to add text fields on top of whatever is there, but the only core functionality that I really need is to be able reorder/add/delete pages.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

Squashy Nipples posted:

I like to be able to add text fields on top of whatever is there, but the only core functionality that I really need is to be able reorder/add/delete pages.

This may sound like a dumb suggestion but have you tried using Word 2013? Not free obviously but a lot of people don't realize that it can natively edit PDFs now.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I think Open Office can too, never used it though.

It blew my mind when I first saw that I could save a Word doc as a pdf in Office.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

This may sound like a dumb suggestion but have you tried using Word 2013? Not free obviously but a lot of people don't realize that it can natively edit PDFs now.

Not dumb at all, I'm still on 2010 (for additional compatibility with my work laptop). I'll look into upgrading, thanks!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Word 10 does (I use it), but it sometimes does funky stuff to the formatting when it converts it for editing. Just ran into that today as a matter of fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babies havin rabies
Feb 24, 2006

LibreOffice Draw is a little clunky, but you'll at the least be able to do basic things like add a textbox over another block of text to change the contents and so on.

• Locked thread