Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pazrs
Mar 27, 2005

Automatic Retard posted:

Does bigger injectors automatically = more fuel usage? Or does it just mean that you aren't pushing the larger size injectors as hard?

It doesn't automatically mean more usage. The bigger injector will just run at decreased duty cycle.

Wildly big injectors can result in a poor idle, but they're pretty good these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

pazrs posted:

It doesn't automatically mean more usage. The bigger injector will just run at decreased duty cycle.

Wildly big injectors can result in a poor idle, but they're pretty good these days.

Sweet. Ive got a fuel system upgrade so hopefully along with the cam it shouldnt be too bad

Guni
Mar 11, 2010
Fuckin' straya cunnies...ex Perth goon here. Would have been good to know there's heaps of goons in Perth when I was actually there. That's a mean looking ute, what's everyone's thoughts on SV6's or SS's with no mods and poo poo? Been looking at getting one for a while, but dunno if I'll ever get there.

Any years to avoid?

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Guni posted:

Fuckin' straya cunnies...ex Perth goon here. Would have been good to know there's heaps of goons in Perth when I was actually there. That's a mean looking ute, what's everyone's thoughts on SV6's or SS's with no mods and poo poo? Been looking at getting one for a while, but dunno if I'll ever get there.

Any years to avoid?

Previous daily was an '09 SV6 bought new. Put 80k on it and in that time i never had a single issue with it. Completely stock besides upgrading the rotors once the factory ones wore out at 75k, that's probably the only weak spot with the VE's below SS trim, poor brakes.

Loved it. Big, planted cars that drive well and still have enough grunt to keep you happy. 99% of the time you'll be perfectly fine with the V6 but eventually you'll wonder what life with two extra cylinders would be like (It's expensive, enjoy your 17l/100km while driving like a granny).

Probably the only cars to avoid would be the first 6 months of so of the VE Series 2's and the first year of the VE's. Holden and Ford both have a robust public consumer beta testing period each time they launch something new so it's best to wait until the kinks are sorted. If you grab an SV6 pre MY09 you may miss out on a few factory goodies like traction control, which i think only became standard for the MY09.5's.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE
OI

This is the hsv thread. Get your povo sv6's outta here or I'll have to get my Alf Stewart poo poo on haha.

Yeah nah you're ok. Perth thread too.

:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

Guni posted:

Any years to avoid?

if you want a six get an early vz, the later ones had craptastic timing chains.
get a v8

• Locked thread