Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

dalstrs posted:

Kennings, I have asked for the recipe for the rum cake, I am still waiting to find out if she is willing to type it out for me.

!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Santee, FedEx says your package should be there Wednesday!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Santa came yesterday! I got three different Memphis bbq rubs which I will apply to meats before I bbq them, which will be tasty. I also got a festive coffee can filled with home made things like cake bites and cookies.

BUT

I can't show a photo because imgur is being weird

AND

I HAVE NO IDEA WHO MY SANTA IS. But thank you, whoever you are!

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

Tha gently caress I didn't order a box of coconut flakes...

HOORAY SANTA CAME!

We've got gingerbread cookies, coconut macaroons, coconut macaroons WITH raspberry jam (seriously awesome), what I believe is focaccia bread or a gluten free approximation, some honey soap and a great big ole whopping jug of orange blossom honey!

THANK YOU DEATHRAT!

The bread is amazing toasted with some butter and the honey drizzled on top! I totally dig everything- thank you so much!!!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I ended up driving to visit my family in CT for Christmas and just got back a few minutes ago, so good timing, Drink and Fight!!

What could possibly be in these beautifully wrapped parcels??

Hot sauce! Many hot sauces!!

I don't know if you've seen my posts and knew I'm into hot sauce or if this was just a random guess, but you hit it right on the drat nose. I am super pumped. Thanks a million!!!

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

The Midniter posted:

I ended up driving to visit my family in CT for Christmas and just got back a few minutes ago, so good timing, Drink and Fight!!

What could possibly be in these beautifully wrapped parcels??

Hot sauce! Many hot sauces!!

I don't know if you've seen my posts and knew I'm into hot sauce or if this was just a random guess, but you hit it right on the drat nose. I am super pumped. Thanks a million!!!

Yeah I creeped your posts. All of them are local to within like 50 miles of me. :)

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Yo, Santee. Got all your stuff ready to ship out, won't be able to drop it off 'til Monday though, curse you doubles! :argh:

lanefrost
Dec 11, 2002

Give me my binkie!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Santa came yesterday! I got three different Memphis bbq rubs which I will apply to meats before I bbq them, which will be tasty. I also got a festive coffee can filled with home made things like cake bites and cookies.

BUT

I can't show a photo because imgur is being weird

AND

I HAVE NO IDEA WHO MY SANTA IS. But thank you, whoever you are!

I am your Santa!

Sorry, I was so concerned about getting it out in the mail to arrive in time I forgot to include the note I wrote up! Hope you enjoy the rubs. They're from some of the local competition teams here in Memphis. A friend of mine opened up memphisbbqsupply.com a little over a year ago so it includes his team's rub and a couple others. Figured including some Memphis rubs that aren't generally found other places would be nice. And the goodies came from my wife. She made a few cans up for some family and friends. Hopefully it all turned out okay and made the trip.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
It all made it great. Awesome gifts, lanefrost. Thank you!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I have a question. Did Santa send me a nice Kershaw Leek pocket knife? My mom, in her frenzy of opening packages when we got home, found it mailed to our house. She also lost the packaging.

Either way, I now have a bitchin nice pocket knife, which I have been in sore need of.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 3, 2016

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Santee, your package is in the mail, here's hoping nothing breaks!

AHugeDickhead
Dec 8, 2008
I hope it's for me :ohdear:

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

RHIN0002 posted:

I hope it's for me :ohdear:

OmegaBeard
Sep 13, 2010
Santee: You haven't been grinched! Your package went out with the New Year's light, which by your time zone still meant 2015. That said, it should be arriving pretty soon, mail from moonland to the States is normally under 1 week.

Santa: Your package arrived as mine flew out!

I take bad pictures, but I love your salty candied nuts. Gonna sip that delicious tea soon too, and looking forward to rubbing your spices all over my meat, maybe even meats.

AHugeDickhead
Dec 8, 2008

artichokeyou posted:

Dear Santee,

Normally I would make you some goodies, but my life has been turned upside down recently and I didn't get a chance to. I did however end up in Seattle, so everything you are receiving is from Pike Place Market. There are some spices, tea, honey, jerky, and locally made fruit pasta to name a few. I shipped it yesterday so it should be arriving soon. I didn't include a note because I was definitely partaking in my fair share of edibles. I do have a postcard that will be coming to you though!

Wowowowowowowowowowowee! When I read this, I truly hoped that I was the fortunate recipient. And guess what? I am!

I am incredibly impressed with the quality of box you put together. I got home an hour ago and have already demolished half the jerky and one of the honey tubes. I actually visited Seattle in March of this year and had the honey aaaaand this exact jerky when I was there and even brought some back but ran out some time ago and have been jonesing for some more. The mango is delicious and I can't wait to use all the spices and everything else. Everything in the box is fantastic and I can't say thank you enough. Seriously, thank you Santa! :)

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I'm still a little confused as to where this knife came from. By the way, it's a SUPER nice knife, I love this thing, but if Santa could speak up and let me know what psychic powers they used to find out I intended to treat myself to a similar pocket knife post-xmas, I'd appreciate it.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Suspect Bucket posted:

I'm still a little confused as to where this knife came from. By the way, it's a SUPER nice knife, I love this thing, but if Santa could speak up and let me know what psychic powers they used to find out I intended to treat myself to a similar pocket knife post-xmas, I'd appreciate it.

Might as well say I'm your Santa, and I didn't get you a knife. You should get a package today, but the tracking hasn't updated. 1-day priority mail my rear end USPS!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Might as well say I'm your Santa, and I didn't get you a knife. You should get a package today, but the tracking hasn't updated. 1-day priority mail my rear end USPS!

Aw, sorry to make you reveal yourself! I will keep an eye out for the package. And yes, 1 day priority mail is worthless. Always go 3 day.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
What do I have here? IT'S CHRISTMAS

Two bottles of home-made lemongrass and ginger beer, habanero mango jelly, chipotle bourbon truffles, wildflower raw honey, and a copy of Medium Raw!

I'm gonna get me some vanilla ice cream and top it with spicy jelly and chopped truffles, and eat it with a big mug of honeyed tea. I will save the ginger beer for the next time I have a tender tummy. Ooh, or maybe make it into a crazy Moscow Mule. mmmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
well well well, I'm quite flabboxed and phlummerghasted

my dear sweet santa OmegaBeard drove 7800 miles plumb all the way to outdoinghisselfville, then flipped down his shades, took a sip of the scotch on the rocks he'd been nursing on the way, said 'gently caress it' and peeled out ridin on down the highway

omegabeard I totally owe you a second, cooler gift, my first one just don't measure up. im embarrased at my lovely powders and nuts and lol-achiote. sincere thanks, I'll be devoting several CookingEvenings to figuring out how to use all this stuff.

• Locked thread