Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Chomp8645 posted:

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is officially the first video game installed on my new Xbox One X.

Gaming has never been so rad! :frogc00l:

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Would be nice to be able to pick what map or era we want to play in.

:sigh: I'm still missing server browsers...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/battlefront-iis-problematic-space-nazi-singleplayer-campaign.4872/

lol. why.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Ok, new thread up. Any errors or needed changes let me know!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Interesting that they pick one mission out of one CoD game as the objectionable analog where basically mission in every game in the series has you repping a well equipped evil empire soldier mowing down hordes of underdog freedom fighters. :v:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Read the first paragraph, rolled my eyes, clicked X.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Is Resetera supposed to be Neogaf's leftovers?

Also here's one of DICE's producers talking to Angry Joe about how shady EA's Battlefront 2 is playing out, almost like you need to to buy a poo poo-ton of loot boxes on top of a newly released game to have fulfilling gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Ky9-OoWyo

:thunk:

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Nov 9, 2017

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
You can almost hear EA holding the gun to his head in the background...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Glad for the EA Early Access trial, Battlefront 2 is really not any better then the first game. :/ Going to be giving this one a pass.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Same, the matchmaking blows rear end... seriously, what's with the phobia of server browsers now? Matchmaking is not faster and it takes agency away from players.
If I didn't know any better I'd think that the game launches with only like 4 maps since I haven't seen the other 7 in my 5 hours of play time.

Maps are still too small, still only 40 player matches instead of 64, no option to play as all eras on all maps, it's absolutely still P2W with the stupid loving loot crate system, and the bot skirmish stuff needs to be expanded a ton.

It's great that they added prequel stuff, brought back classes, and removed tokens... don't get me wrong but it's still not what I've always wanted from a legit Battlefront sequel.
Like how the hell do we still not have ground to space transitions?!

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The Naboo map was such a wet fart of an experience compared to the Hoth beta from the previous game. I want the game to be good, but it honestly feels like a step backwards in most ways. I guess the “leaves in the wind” GPU Effect was pretty cool...

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey come on guys, the new thread is up! Post this stuff there!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

has anyone considered maybe closing this thread. that’d be a cool idea.

• Locked thread