Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
http://www.submediant.com/2015/10/01/physicists-prove-classical-music-inhabits-separate-realm-inaccessible-to-humans/

I thought it was comedy news article like the onion, but it's written in a way to have people take seriously. It's just so random though. How would someone come up with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Cern suddenly caring about classical music means theyll stop trying to steal all my classic IBM computers. I say, thanks music realm!

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

lol you got trolled son. Ownd :cool:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Sounds like a debate for philosophers rather than the good fellas at cern.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
they know their audience, high art/antiquity nerdos in general have a worse sense of humor than even engineers

they're also pitifully desperate for recognition, drop an offhand reference to Eratosthenes, Georges bataille or rembrandt and they'll eat out of your hand

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
god that was loving bad and embarrassing.

the onion shtick is really being driven to the brink of unfunny

like there's this stupid website that does the same thing but with the military and it sucks for the most part: http://www.duffelblog.com/

there's even one that's like edm specific? burn this world

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
that article is retarded

so is this:

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

momerath posted:

god that was loving bad and embarrassing.

the onion shtick is really being driven to the brink of unfunny

I seriously thought this was some nutcase writing a "real" article, but I guess it's supposed to be funny? He has another about photos of Josh Groban and Reneé Fleming loving. Not the people, but the actual photos themselves. It's like someone trying to write onion style, but they have some backwards, twisted way of thinking how to do it that's completely unfunny. Not in an offensive way either, but in some way that looks like a jumbled mess of text on your screen that has no connection to humor.
http://www.submediant.com/2015/11/24/gossip-josh-groban-and-renee-flemings-head-shots-are-totally-loving/

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
you just don't understand humor

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
that was like an onion mad libs

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I seriously thought this was some nutcase writing a "real" article, but I guess it's supposed to be funny? He has another about photos of Josh Groban and Reneé Fleming loving. Not the people, but the actual photos themselves. It's like someone trying to write onion style, but they have some backwards, twisted way of thinking how to do it that's completely unfunny. Not in an offensive way either, but in some way that looks like a jumbled mess of text on your screen that has no connection to humor.
http://www.submediant.com/2015/11/24/gossip-josh-groban-and-renee-flemings-head-shots-are-totally-loving/

god that's so extremely weird. this guy is definitely on the spectrum if you know what i mean :mmmhmm:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

supercollideher

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
it's like you people have never seen the speciated examples of humor that arise in any profession before

oh wait all goons work in retail never mind of course they haven't

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

it's like you people have never seen the speciated examples of humor that arise in any profession before

oh wait all goons work in retail never mind of course they haven't

I've only seen the example of computer humor, which is absolutely impossible to make funny.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I've only seen the example of computer humor, which is absolutely impossible to make funny.

or that I guess

speaking of which how come we haven't trained Windows 98 to YOSPOS yet?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Mariana Horchata posted:

supercollideher

Large Hardon Collider

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Large Hardon Collider

heh, i'd "gord" "on" her "free" "man" lol

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
there used to be a goon that worked at CERN btw

I only remember his av because it was this eyeball looking this way and that and looked extra creepy on a black background

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

there used to be a goon that worked at CERN btw

I only remember his av because it was this eyeball looking this way and that and looked extra creepy on a black background

I remember that av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 4, 2010

Heh, sometimes i think females also live in a different realm. Am I right guys????

• Locked thread