Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The second package from Safety Factor came in today! It's Throne of Blood and Warriors Of the Wasteland (or, as the spine refers to it, "Warriors Oft the Wasteland")! I haven't seen either, but Kurosawa is always a sure bet, and Warriors looks absolutely mad in the best way. Thanks goon santa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

This thread is a thing of obscene beauty.

Yeah, it's pretty funny. One of the jewels in the GBS dross

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

The second package from Safety Factor came in today! It's Throne of Blood and Warriors Of the Wasteland (or, as the spine refers to it, "Warriors Oft the Wasteland")! I haven't seen either, but Kurosawa is always a sure bet, and Warriors looks absolutely mad in the best way. Thanks goon santa!

To be fair, they oft do. They oft the wasteland.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Here is what Mr Rattle got me with cattes for scale:

It also talks saying 10 phrases!

Here, my catte said "what" one too many times:

Thanks again!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
For a second I thought there was something really wrong with your cat's fur.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

axleblaze posted:

Here is what Mr Rattle got me with cattes for scale:

It also talks saying 10 phrases!

Here, my catte said "what" one too many times:

Thanks again!

I love the catte. English, does your cat speak it?

Here were the choices: Jules, Vincent, and...Jimmy? It was clearly a two-horse race, but I thought Jules edged it over Vincent:

quote:

Pulp Fiction 13" Talking Figures
Officially-licensed Pulp Fiction merchandise
Choose Jimmie, Jules, or Vincent
14 points of articulation each
Jimmie's specifics:

Comes with cup of coffee and removable slippers
7 different phrases
Knock it off, Julie.
I don't need you to tell me how %&$#|@! good my coffee is, okay? I'm the one who buys it. I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping she buys =?|/. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it I want to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It AIN'T the coffee in my kitchen.
Don't you %&$#|@! realize man that if Bonnie comes home and finds a dead body in her house I'm gonna get divorced. No marriage counseling, no trial separation, I'm gonna get %&$#|@' divorced.
Don't %&$#|@! Jimmie me Jules!
You gotta make some phone calls, you gotta call some people, well then do it, and then get the %&$# out of my house before she gets here!
You don't want to %&$# my =?|/ up, you're %&$#|@! my =?|/ up right now. You're gonna %&$# my =?|/ up big time if Bonnie comes home.
Dorks. They look like a couple of dorks.

Jules's specifics:

Comes with gun, briefcase, gold bracelet, and Bad Mother %&$#*+ Wallet
11 different phrases
Touching his wife's feet and sticking your tongue in the holiest of holies ain't the same %&$#|@! ballpark. It ain't the same league, it ain't even the same %&$#|@' sport. Foot massages don't mean =?|/.
Don't be telling me about foot massages, I'm the foot-%&$#|@! master!
Mmmmmmm! This IS a tasty burger!
Oh, I'm sorry... Did I break your concentration?
English, mother %&$#*+, do you speak it?
Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you mother %&$#*+, say what one more god~\^@ time!
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
God came down from heaven, and stopped these mother %&$#|@! bullets.
We should be %&$#|@' dead now, my friend! What happened here was a miracle, and I want you to %&$#|@! acknowledge it!
I used the same %&$#|@' soap you did and when I got finished, the towel didn't look like no god~\^@ maxi-pad!
Well, I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' mother %&$#*+, mother %&$#*+! Every time my fingers touch brain, I'm Superfly T.N.T., I'm the Guns of the Navarone! IN FACT, WHAT THE %&$# AM I DOIN' IN THE BACK? YOU'RE THE MOTHER %&$#*+ WHO SHOULD BE ON BRAIN DETAIL!

Vincent's specifics:

First action figure to feature the officially granted likeness rights to actor John Travolta
Comes with gun
12 different phrases
All right. Well, you can walk into a movie theater in Amsterdam and buy a beer. And I don't mean just like in no paper cup, I'm talking about a glass of beer. And in Paris, you can buy a beer at McDonald's. And you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Nah, man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the %&$# a Quarter Pounder is.
They call it a 'Royale with cheese.'
Play with matches, you get burned.
I ain't saying it's right, but you're saying a foot massage don't mean nothin' and I'm saying it does. Now look, I've given a million ladies a million foot massages and they ALL meant something. Now we act like they don't but they do, that's what's so %&$#|@' cool about it. There's a sensuous thing going on, where even if you don't talk about it, you know, she knows it. %&$#|@' Marsellus knew it and Antwone should have %&$#|@' known better.
Chill Jules, this =?|/ happens.
Do you wanna continue this theological discussion in the car or in the jailhouse with the cops?
Alright, it was a miracle, can we go now?
Aw man! I shot Marvin in the face!
Chill out, man! I told you it was an accident! You probably went over a bump.
I was washing 'em. But this =?|/'s hard to get off. Maybe if you had Lava, I coulda done a better job.
I got a threshold, Jules. I got a threshold for the abuse that I will take. Now, right now, I'm a %&$#|@' race car, right, and you got me in the red. And I'm just sayin', I'm just sayin' that it's %&$#|@' dangerous to have a race car in the %&$#|@' red. That's all. I could blow.

Sure, Vincent's got Royale with Cheese, but Jules has got
Mmmmmmm! This IS a tasty burger!
Oh, I'm sorry... Did I break your concentration?
English, mother %&$#*+, do you speak it?
Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you mother %&$#*+, say what one more god~\^@ time!
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Just the last one would have swung it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I got a truly astounding box of goodies from Axle :monocle:

- R100, which I haven't watched yet but looks DOPE
- Over the Garden Wall, which I haven't watched yet but looks :catdrugs:
- Assassin's Creed Unity, which I'll definitely take for free
- My Lunches With Orson, which I didn't know existed and I've already read half of, my God that man was hilarious, I just wish there were more sections where he talked about food.

My gifts got sent way late but should be arriving before the new year, keep checking your mailboxes.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Anonymous Robot posted:

Warriors of the Wasteland is an insane, lovely, Italian Mad Max about gay barbarians trying to exterminate the remnants of humanity. I loving love that movie.

Sorry about Draft Day, but I had to do it. I hope you enjoy the rest of your gifts.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Jules was easily the right choice.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

I got a truly astounding box of goodies from Axle :monocle:

- R100, which I haven't watched yet but looks DOPE
- Over the Garden Wall, which I haven't watched yet but looks :catdrugs:
- Assassin's Creed Unity, which I'll definitely take for free
- My Lunches With Orson, which I didn't know existed and I've already read half of, my God that man was hilarious, I just wish there were more sections where he talked about food.

My gifts got sent way late but should be arriving before the new year, keep checking your mailboxes.

Glad you got the stuff and like it. R100 is kind of a dumb movie but I really live and felt the need to force it on someone. I know that AC is supposed to be bad but I also know you wanted it and free would make you feel better if it was bad. The other things are just good things I hope you enjoy because they are good.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Argh, sorry Precision, I was your second Secret Santa giver but I've just received notice that my package was refused by the customer? It is currently being routed to some godforsaken depot somewhere. I will definitely make sure that it gets to you somehow, how long are you staying at that address over the holidays?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Whoever my Santa is I don't expect anything to arrive until mid-January at best but it's all right. Everything taking a long time getting here is just how things work so no sweat.

mr. stefan posted:

Sweeeeeeeet

I've heard very good things about A girl walks home alone at night but I've never had the chance to watch it. Looking forward to it!

Itīs definitely not for everyone but if you enjoy arty and trippy films it should be right up your alley.

I also considered giving you a Field in England but decided on Goodnight Mommy because everyone I know whose seen says it's intense as gently caress.

Hope you enjoy both films.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mr. Stefan got me Carrie and Phantom Of The Paradise. I'm so excited for Phantom Of The Paradise, and Carrie should be pretty good even though I'm not a big horror fan. Thanks!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
By the way, my other santee should have received their stuff like a week ago. You don't have to post what you got or even if you liked it, but just want to know if it got there alright.

If anyone else is having any problems or any worries, just email the Santa account and I'll look into it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

precision posted:

The best part of that book is Welles' barely disguised contempt for Jaglom (and sometimes he doesn't even bother to disguise it). Jaglom is just so overcome with hero worship that he has no idea that Welles is mercilessly mocking him.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sorry, I've been meaning to post this picture for a while, but got distracted by the holidays. Here are my gifts:

Thanks, Santa Axleblaze! I actually got my family to listen to the John Waters album when opening presents at our parents' place. It was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be; a surprisingly large chunk of the album is made up of regular Christmas carols. Still, Here Comes Fatty Claus and Santa is a Black Man got some attention. I had already copied it to my computer so I left it there for my mom to stumble across again at some point in the future. I haven't had the time to get around to the movies yet, but I will definitely try to watch both of them in the next couple of weeks. Thanks again.

Obviously, I will use the secrets contained within this book to make millions despite having no applicable writing experience.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Three hearty cheers to axleblaze for selflessly organising this!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I still haven't seen any sign of anything Secret Santa related. I suspect it may have gotten lost in the post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Ohh crap, the forgot to ask your Santa what was going on. If they don't respond in here I'll look into it.

• Locked thread