Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

quote:

I bet Ambrose will either get stripped of his title or get put in some giant match to lose the title tonight as punishment for Reigns.

Probably throw the Usos against all the Wyatts or something as well.

One of the Usos against all of New Day. The other Uso against all of the Wyatts. Dean Ambrose against all of League of Nations (minus Sheamus).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

DeathChicken posted:

Rusev is probably the best seller on the roster. Dude will take an ankle lock from Swagger and be limping around for weeks. He sells people getting out of his finishers like he just found his dog run over.

Yeah, his selling against Swagger was amazing.

Swagger put him into an early ankle lock. Rusev spent the rest of the match favoring that ankle, but it also affected how he did his finisher. He tried to put on the Accolade but his ankle gave out, so he did a "one leg" modification, which wasn't enough to keep Swagger down. The next time Rusev did the Accolade, he forced himself to do the normal version while grimacing like crazy to sell how much it was hurting his ankle, and when the ref stopped the match this huge look of relief swept over him.

It's one of the greatest things I've ever seen in wrestling. Rusev owns.

surf rock posted:

- Folks I think are flat-out boring: Del Rio[/url].

What's sad is that Del Rio can be one of their most convincing sadistic motherfuckers when they use him properly. He had some matches years ago against Christian and Dolph Ziggler where you'd swear he didn't care if he killed them in the ring.

The Ziggler match (Payback 2013) was a double-turn where ADR began the match as a face and Ziggler the heel. Ziggler was returning from a concussion and still selling it in kayfabe. ADR took advantage by hitting him square in the head a bunch of times and knocking him woozy, to the point where the ringside doctor checked on Ziggler (which IIRC ADR interrupted by kicking him in the head). The crowd started booing ADR and cheering Ziggler, and ADR just smirked at the crowd like "hahahaha gently caress you guys," kicked Ziggler's head again and pinned him.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Slammy categories are up http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2015-12-14/slammy-awards-2015-voting-28352290

I'm pasting them here because wwe.com is a bad website and doesn't have a single page view. You vote for any of them using hashtags, as WWE.com says:

quote:

You can cast your votes tonight on your favorite social media platform. Just post your vote using the category’s official hashtag, along with your selected nominee (limit one vote per day per category). For example, if Savio Vega was on the current roster and he was your pick as Superstar of the Year, your social media post might look something like this:

I choose Savio Vega as 2015’s #SUPERSTAR of the Year! #Slammy

First, you can vote for literally any superstar to be Superstar of the Year using the hashtag #SUPERSTAR. Let's go Cesaro.

#rivalry of the year

quote:

Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt
The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
John Cena vs. Rusev
Team Bella vs. Team B.A.D. vs. PCB
Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins

#doublecross of the year

quote:

Jon Stewart costs John Cena the U.S. Title at SummerSlam
Randy Orton turns on Seth Rollins (Raw, March 9, 2015)
Paige attacks Charlotte and Becky Lynch (Raw, Oct. 26)
Stardust turns on Goldust on Raw (Raw, Feb. 16)
Damien Mizdow eliminates The Miz from the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania

#surprisereturn of the year

quote:

Chris Jericho joins forces with Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose at Night of Champions
The Dudley Boyz return to WWE on Raw (Raw, Aug. 24)
Sting returns, posing as Seth Rollins’ statue, and attacks The Architect (Raw, Aug. 24)
Alberto Del Rio and Zeb Colter return to WWE at Hell in a Cell
Demon Kane returns to prevent Sheamus from cashing in his Money in the Bank contract and attacks Seth Rollins at Night of Champions

Best Original #wwenetworkshow

quote:

Breaking Ground
Table For 3
Stone Cold Podcast
WWE 24
Swerved

#tagteam of the year

quote:

The New Day
The Usos
The Prime Time Players
Tyson Kidd & Cesaro
The Lucha Dragons

#hashtag of the year (no, really)

quote:

#GiveDivasAChance
#SaveTheTables
#AxelMania
#RKOOUTTANOWHERE
#SuplexCity

#celebrity moment of the year

quote:

Stephen Amell dives onto Stardust at SummerSlam
The cast of “Entourage” introduces Zack Ryder (Raw, May 25)
Kevin Owens powerbombs Machine Gun Kelly off the stage (Raw, June 15)
Jon Stewart gets involved in John Cena’s match at SummerSlam
Wayne Rooney slaps King Barrett on Raw (Raw, Nov. 9)

#tellme You Didn't Just Say That moment of the year

quote:

Dean Ambrose calls Seth Rollins “Justin Bieber” on Raw (Raw, May 25)
Seth Rollins calls Johnny Manziel “Johnny Idiot Face” (Raw, June 15)
Brock Lesnar coins “Suplex City” at WrestleMania
Seth Rollins disses Kane while celebrating The Authority’s WrestleMania accomplishments (Raw, April 6)
Paige spoils Charlotte’s Divas Championship celebration (Raw, Sept. 21)

Best John Cena #usopenchallenge (aka the "anyone but Ziggler" category)

quote:

John Cena vs. Cesaro (Raw, July 6)
John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler (Raw, Oct. 12)
John Cena vs. Sami Zayn (Raw, May 4)
John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose (Raw, March 30)
John Cena vs. Neville (Raw, May 11)

The following categories will be voted on during next week's Raw (which I guess is also the Slammys):

quote:

Match of the Year
WWE Diva of the Year
Breakout Star of the Year
LOL Moment of the Year
Extreme Moment of the Year
“This is Awesome” Moment of the Year
The OMG Shocking Moment of the Year
The Hero in All of Us Award, presented by Coca-Cola

I don't know why I bothered typing this up and hate myself and this company

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
I know the HHH thing is all kayfabe to be home with family but that powerbomb spot on the table looked pretty rough. Half reminded me of the bump Vince took off the cage when he landed smack on his spine on the table's edge and fractured his tailbone.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Uncle Ulty posted:

One of the Usos against all of New Day. The other Uso against all of the Wyatts. Dean Ambrose against all of League of Nations (minus Sheamus).

Can we just get a 3 on 9 handicap match then and get it over with?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Is HHH ok? :ohdear:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Chris James 2 posted:

Counterpoint

Also you're right about AJ and Punk

Can someone please please please get a clean crop of big show from this.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

abraham linksys posted:

Slammy categories are up http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2015-12-14/slammy-awards-2015-voting-28352290

I'm pasting them here because wwe.com is a bad website and doesn't have a single page view. You vote for any of them using hashtags, as WWE.com says:

I don't know why I bothered typing this up and hate myself and this company

Wow most of those categories really drive home what a poo poo year this has been. Also having people vote via hashtags is the most pathetic thing.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

StarkRavingMad posted:

Wow most of those categories really drive home what a poo poo year this has been. Also having people vote via hashtags is the most pathetic thing.

the social media guidelines are real loving good too http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2015-12-14/slammy-awards-2015-terms-conditions-28371950

what a poo poo platform to use for voting and also so obviously opaque that they can make up whatever results they want, nice

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Literally every active Diva on the roster for #rivalry of the year.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Everyone vote for the Divas as the #rivalry oftheyear

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
It's going to be awkward when #Axelmania wins Hashtag of the Year.

Oh and I just want everyone to remember that last year the Usos won Tag Team of the Year but that award was given out on the preshow on the Network. If nothing else the tag team division's been elevated since that time.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Imma be on screen all night

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: wrong thread

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Too late for a sign idea?

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Shawn Cotureier posted:

tell us what you look like, so we can laugh

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Hace posted:

Can someone please please please get a clean crop of big show from this.

There's seven minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

it's loving beautiful

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Rand McNally posted:

There's seven minutes of my life I'll never get back.

you're a hero, thank you.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Spell out "The Steve Man Is Cool" with yo hands

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

DynamiteKidd posted:

It's going to be awkward when #Axelmania wins Hashtag of the Year.

Oh and I just want everyone to remember that last year the Usos won Tag Team of the Year but that award was given out on the preshow on the Network. If nothing else the tag team division's been elevated since that time.

It's a New Day, yes it is

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

wonder what bryan's been up to

#IAmGratefulGrapefruit

I hope he seriously just develops a career as an organic farmer or something. I really don't want to see "Bryan Danielson passes away at age of 41" or some poo poo

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Shine posted:

Yeah, his selling against Swagger was amazing.

Swagger put him into an early ankle lock. Rusev spent the rest of the match favoring that ankle, but it also affected how he did his finisher. He tried to put on the Accolade but his ankle gave out, so he did a "one leg" modification, which wasn't enough to keep Swagger down. The next time Rusev did the Accolade, he forced himself to do the normal version while grimacing like crazy to sell how much it was hurting his ankle, and when the ref stopped the match this huge look of relief swept over him.

It's one of the greatest things I've ever seen in wrestling. Rusev owns.

After that match I really want to see Rusev get a face run at some point. I think he'd do great.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
remember when big show was vaping reefers in the front during the hall of fame

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

How do we know it was reefers?

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006
VKM owns

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005