Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
god drat it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I honestly don't really feel the scum had the chips stacked against them. Here's how I designed the team.

Poisoner: Counters the tracker, because they just seem to be visiting someone who doesn't die in the night. Multiple tracks would make a poisoner clear, but a tracker wouldn't have a reason to track multiple times.
Vanilla: Serves the purpose of doing normal nightkills. Can be tracked, but if the rolecop investigates them they'll just be a vanilla.
Roleblocker: All purpose support to complement the two.

Town was a bit power-heavy, but the Rolecop was only really able to catch out the Poisoner seeing as Isaac (Someone Awful!) would just investigate as Vanilla, not Vanilla Scum or Goon and Roleblocker is an alignment neutral role. And the vig... Well, I think we saw in this game that a vig is not really a pro-town role. Tracker is strong, but somewhat alleviated by the poisoner and the fact that he needs to see the specific scum doing the kill whereas a cop can just identify a scum regardless of what they're doing in the night. Not to mention there's the Lost who will always be tracked to the night kill.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

unless you just mean the fact that one of your people got modkilled in which case yeah, that sucks. I flipped a coin seeing as we only had one volunteer. :(

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Not sure what to make of my role or what the best way to play it, but making it clear there was a watcher or tracker by early claiming did not seem wise.

Other than that it was a pretty fun game until I died. Thanks, SSV!

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I would rather we go out ballsy than just play it safe. Hence us going with the insane "let's get Met intentionally lynched plan."

BTW, on any given night, we could do one kill -- a poison (works the next night) OR a normal kill. So we missed a kill N1 and saved it for late.

- get Met lynched d5
- n5, nightkill Birdstrike
- n5, Epsilon Plus dies by poison
-d6 starts with me and imgay, a scum/survivor victory.

Met scumclaimed today to draw attention, since Eps obviously would have rolecopped me last night, and our backup plan was "and if imgay actually IS down and isn't just a townie trying to smoke out scum, then HAMMER LIKE THE WIND."

All credit to Met for the fierce plan. And Hal, yeah, when I reread my content, wow, that was some wishy-washy garbage. You had me dead-on.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

(I rolecopped Hal to confirm he was a doctor because I had this crazy idea that both he and Met might be scum fakeclaiming each other to insure one survives)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I asked Epsilon to join this game. I almost caused my own loss.

He could have swayed people against me. I think the case against such a power-heavy town was enough to cause doubt but I suppose we'd need to hear Birdstrike's and Hal's opinion on that.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

the irony is that epsilon plus rolecopped hal on the last night.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
SSV: I hadn't thought of how the breakdown worked -- we only learned it in chunks, and there was even a miller.

(There's some cursing on D4 when we realize there's yet another town power role out there.)

Hal, did you legit miss deadline? Who were you going to vote? Our big fear was Met getting lynched D4 -- we have been f5ing for like two and a half hours straight.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Epsilon Plus posted:

(I rolecopped Hal to confirm he was a doctor because I had this crazy idea that both he and Met might be scum fakeclaiming each other to insure one survives)

We were so sure you were going to check Vienna.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You guys could have saved yourselves the trouble and announced it yestereday

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Epsilon Plus posted:

Ohhhhhhhh, that's a good idea. If you were on me today, i was going to insist you and Met were scum going for a viciously hard bus to make sure one of you looked golden when the other flipped.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

imgay posted:

It was risky. On a whim you could have chosen scum or town as the victor. This plan ended up having a couple safety nets.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

yeah that plan was basically golden. There was no possible way to lose outside of spacing in vienna getting executed.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Thanks for replacing in, Epsilon! You played really well.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

We still thought we could win outright without doing so. Also, I got burned once by gloating prematurely as scum, and I've learned my lesson since then. I seriously thought you might be a townie playing a gambit a la Fifty.

BTW I outright stated at one point that I wanted to keep you alive unless it was absolutely necessary to off you to make sure we'd win, so I appreciate you helping us win.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sam I await your next game

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

It was risky. On a whim you could have chosen scum or town as the victor. This plan ended up having a couple safety nets.

SirSamVimes posted:

yeah that plan was basically golden. There was no possible way to lose outside of spacing in vienna getting executed.

This. Met was effing brilliant. We worked it all out with charts, arguing out scenarios and who Hal was most likely to protect, and arguing outcomes.

Our original plan was a double kill N4, but that would've failed because of Hal's planned self-protect -- and once Met got lynched, I was pretty much hosed.

Short of me being lynched today, we had like backups within backups.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SirSamVimes posted:

You did. We cursed you repeatedly as a result.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If I had the benefit of hindsight, I probably would have made Hal not able to selfprotect multiple nights in a row.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What about limiting his self-protects? I usually see docs get one self protect per game.

In my role madness games, Doctors never have the ability to protect themselves but are able to target the same guy on consecutive nights.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think I've seen docs that can self-protect, but can't hit the same target consecutive nights, self-included.

Anyway, Met pointed out that Hal might have been lying, and that we should account for his self-protect keeping him alive -- and he was absolutely right. :hfive:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I feel like just making them unable to be consecutive would be enough. A selfprotect has the cost of not protecting others, so I feel that's limitation enough.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Mod's preference. :shrug:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hahaha, in thinking we got a raw deal, I hadn't realized that the tracker was essentially hosed by it being poison / not an immediate NK, and would think the NK was another town power role.

SORRY SSV, I GET IT NOW.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

nah. If I hadn't been a rolecop I doubt I would have gone for Met half as hard - even though poison doctor is a bad claim.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Based on the voting yesterday, I would vote MEDS or Birdstrike right now. Jimson and Gwyn are also possibilities. I think Hal/imgay are ok on this turbo, even though Hal is the hammer.

I am also a little concerned about Met/SA because of the actions. Met is probably OK and his attempt to stop the turbo is likely from a town place, but the possibility of scum trying to be the voice of reason is in the back of my mind. SA seemed to be a cheerleader of the turbo, but didn't actually want to participate in it and that kind of skeeves me out.

Wow, I was actually kind of right about Kash's turbo.

But you jerks still didn't have to kill me N1.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Wow, I was actually kind of right about Kash's turbo.

But you jerks still didn't have to kill me N1.

You totally were. That may be why we killed you. It was Met's call I think?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am always honest thats why i suck at scum

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So when you starting Undertalefia?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imgay posted:

So when you starting Undertalefia?

When I figure out a setup that will do the game justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Great game ssv, sorry I spaced on it. Busy times.

Strike, there's no hard feelings. You did what you had to.

• Locked thread