Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Action Tortoise posted:

I would have rather had linear levels with multiple routes to the same objective. Also no bottlenecks that required combat to proceed.

This is unanimously the only thing I've ever heard people say about the game, and EA's response was "we added more guns and empty spaces, u like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Action Tortoise posted:

I would have rather had linear levels with multiple routes to the same objective. Also no bottlenecks that required combat to proceed.

Thays what im tolkein about batman avatar guy

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

mysterious loyall X posted:

My favorite part of mirrors edge was those trials levels. Anytime it slowed down iin the main game it got bad, but when u could like parkour into a guy real fast, take there gun and do like 3 shoots at the other mook and keep running it was okay. Anytime u had to do extended meleeing was kond of bad and the forced shoptong sections like on the boat level were real bad. Anyway it was a good game for 5 bucksm see ya.

I didnt like the dlc at all. I liked the part where you were running fast and sometimes wall kick a guy or whatever like you said. I also like the parts where your supposed to run away from the supercops but you can totally fight them if you want, and at one poitn if you just run back you can get a gun and blast them all to pieces which is extremely satisfying.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

This is unanimously the only thing I've ever heard people say about the game, and EA's response was "we added more guns and empty spaces, u like?

lol

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

In Training posted:

loving hell.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

The melee has been increasingly QTE crap in battlefield every time they make a new one and with a Mirrors Edge game being single player and probably with them wanting to find ways to :airquote: add depth to the game, I could see them doing it.

The only BF game to make melee fun was, strangely, Hardline

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Running around and trying to murder as much of the enemy team as possible with a machete before being gunned down was much more fun than anything else that game offered.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Are you gonna make another gaming goals thread for 2016

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

elf help book posted:

imagine trying to get to another roof in mirrors edge 2 and you gotta find the right box on each roof that leads you in the proper direction because its not a fun linear game

i hope its good but dont think it will be.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Running around and trying to murder as much of the enemy team as possible with a machete before being gunned down was much more fun than anything else that game offered.

The taser though

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really want Mirror's Edge 2 to be good, but I'm like 90% positive EA is going to try to compete with Batman and Assassin's Creed for least interesting platforming game of all time, instead of making Mirror's Edge 1 but there's more than 1 route and if you have to fight enemies you can actually do it outside of an empty square room with no cover.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Does any one have the pic of how they made the corporate CEO villain in Mirrors Edge 2 look 100 percent identical to the president of EA

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

net cafe scandal posted:

Does any one have the pic of how they made the corporate CEO villain in Mirrors Edge 2 look 100 percent identical to the president of EA

I have a picture of aliens with uzis.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Ragg posted:

That sounds cool.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Meh.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Aliwns with uz9s and theor hanging wirh osama bin laden AND the aliens and osama are amoking huge joints

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Are you gonna make another gaming goals thread for 2016

I didnt accomplish any this year other than learning the spray pattern for a m4.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

The website for Chapter 2 of the HoopZ Barkley SaGa still lists an anticipated release date of 2013/early 2014.. sigh.

Thats because its never going to come out.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Ragg posted:

You can't just mention this and not post it

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Is there any reason to believe that Bannerlore will actually come out this year?

I don't see how an open world mirrors edge will work. The first one was good bc of the tight lines.

I assume that there's a new Ridge Racer coming out this year. I'm looking forward to that.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

BgRdMchne posted:

Is there any reason to believe that Bannerlore will actually come out this year?

At Gamescom this year the devs said autumn 2016 for release and there's supposed to be a public beta sometime before that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

SunAndSpring posted:

You can't just mention this and not post it

• Locked thread