Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I'm trying to plan a 4 day road trip from LI, NY to see part of Maine. The trip would be from this Sunday-Wednesday. I came up with a potential itinerary, and want to see how doable it is. Driving times are given by google maps.

Sunday
1. Great Neck to Kennebunkport (5 hours driving)
2. Dinner & Explore & Hotel (Rest of the Night)

Monday
1. Cape Elizabeth to see Portland Light House (1 Hour Drive | 1 hour exploring)
2. Drive to Portland for Lunch (20 minute drive | 3-4 hours for food + exploring)
3. Drive to Bar Harbor via Park Loop Road (3 hours)
4. Dinner & Explore & Hotel (Rest of the Night)

Tuesday
1. Drive to Acadia National Park (10 minutes)
2. Spend the Day in Acadia (6-8 hours)
3. Begin the Drive Home, Stop when Tired (Rest of the Night)

Wednesday
4. Wake up and eat breakfast/lunch
5. Drive Home

My two questions:

1. Is this a realistic trip?
2. Any suggestions on a town to head for when starting the drive home on Tuesday? Some place that has somewhere good to eat for lunch the next day before heading home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Nothing you're planning looks unrealistic, exhausting, or dependent on precise timing.

You'll be fine, and I expect you'll have fun. Do this kind of thing again after this trip.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Bad news, acadia and the loop road close in the winter, 4real close with gates on the roads and no plowing. And this is maine so it's not exactly nice out. I live in maine and I just did indian point hike this past weekend and it was a fun dumb story because it was me and a friend falling on ice over and over and over but most of bar harbor is shut down this time of year, even the town. It might not be very fun a thing to do right now. Maine winters are awful lovely and even the parts of bar harbor that are open are just gonna be snowed in and -4 degrees when you get there.

You aren't going to spend a day in acadia, and barely anything in bar harbor is open, you can do some trails in the snow but a lot are actually dangerous or closed, and the ones you can do are going to be cold and snowy which can be it's own sort of fun but is maybe not what you are thinking.

If you have heard of a thing that is in bar harbor or acadia it's closed and you probably can't legitimately get to it right now.

• Locked thread