Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Pageviews
May 26, 2014

Let's get this wrestling!
Four thoughts:

1. I thought the show was very good. I appreciate that if Ring of Honor builds up a big show or a big match, they are pretty much always going to deliver.

2. We are all blessed to be alive at the same time as A.J. Styles.

3. Prince Nana and Alex Shelley both rule, and as someone who is nostalgic for the pro wrestling of his adolescence, it was really good to see them.

4. There are few wrestling opinions I am willing to say are categorically wrong, but "Moose is a better worker than Roman Reigns" is certainly one of them. And I like Moose!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
POST DAY THOUGHTS

The finish to Roddy/Fish was really really really awful unless the idea was that Roddy intentionally hid the tap out to trick Fish which would merely be really awful as it makes Fish look like a complete idiot and turns Roddy back heel for no real reason

I thought the main event was a slight let down, good match but not great. Wonder if Styles back was still hurting him.

The opener was a ton of fun, six man was good, Cole/O'Reilly was great, and the hoss off between Elgin and Moose was a lot of fun, so overall a really enjoyable show.

Sorry to hear about Taven's knee although it makes the weirdness of the tag title match make more sense. I think I might be the only person who will actually really miss The Kingdom if that was their last appearance. Taven is fine in a tag team and as douchey as he may be I do think Bennett/Maria have legit star power/charisma. At least the tag division is loaded at the moment in RoH.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think the roddy tap was a heel trick thats why you tap the leg and not the mat. which is fine because roddys a better heel

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Yeah, Roddy is like Cole in that he is a great wrestler in general but is categorically better as a heel. I didn't see the match so maybe the finish was badly executed regardless but turning him is the right thing to do imo.

• Locked thread