Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

I'm trying to belay my friend here. Please keep your animal from humping my leg and pissing on our rope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Agreed. gently caress crag dogs. Never met one that was any good.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

I know one good crag dog. All the others suck, leave them at home.

Also it is not my dog.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Dogs are cool and good. Most people who take their dogs climbing are garbage people who should not have dogs, and are often in violation of local ordinances.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
Can I hump your leg and piss on your rope instead, OP?

Dogs are great and I myself own one (1) dog. I enjoy coming across dogs on hiking trails, but I know that not everybody does. And leash laws still apply while on a trail in my area. It bothers me to see that everyone takes their dog off-leash when they get to a trailhead. Not everybody is dog-friendly, and it's p rude to assume otherwise just because you're in the woods (on a popular trail). And if you're going to let Fido's poo stay in the woods, at least fling it off the trail.

Dogchat is good.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

When you bring a dog to the crag and let them run around it is terrible and you are terrible. I am belaying here, my partners life is in my hands. Get that dog away from me!

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

im a crag dog

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Thursday Next posted:

Can I hump your leg and piss on your rope instead, OP?

Dogs are great and I myself own one (1) dog. I enjoy coming across dogs on hiking trails, but I know that not everybody does. And leash laws still apply while on a trail in my area. It bothers me to see that everyone takes their dog off-leash when they get to a trailhead. Not everybody is dog-friendly, and it's p rude to assume otherwise just because you're in the woods (on a popular trail). And if you're going to let Fido's poo stay in the woods, at least fling it off the trail.

Dogchat is good.

DO NOT FLING POOP OFF TRAILS!!!

The persistent scent and trace of dogs, especially when combined with off leash dogs running around willy-nilly, can have serious negative impacts on local wildlife, especially medium sized predators like bobcats. Some researchers have found this can almost render high-traffic trails off-limits to these animals. Please be considerate and leave no trace.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
smoosh those doggie terds under a nearby rock

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Or fling cat terds off the trail along with them to let the bobcats know that they're welcome

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Don't bring your loving dog on the trail. Carry out it's stank poo like a reasonable person.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I agree, leave the dog at home and just bring a satchel of terds

feller
Jul 5, 2006

gently caress bobcats dogs are cool and fun to hike with

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

cool and good posted:

gently caress bobcats dogs are cool and fun to hike with

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I'm still skeptical about the "dogs ruin wildlife!" thing, at least to the extent people act like it does, but whatever. The bigger issue is that 99% of people can't control their dogs and they just go nuts all over the place and harass other people while their owners ineffectively call after them for 10 minutes before waddling over and saying "it's ok he's really friendly" bitch does it look like I give a poo poo if he's friendly.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I have a buddy who bitches constantly about people who can't control their dogs.

Hilariously whenever I go on a trail with him and his dogs, his dogs are almost always worse behaved than others

"Jesus Christ why can't people just control their mutts" *one dog is in the underbrush attacking shadows, other one is harrasing leashed dog*

Agean90 fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 29, 2015

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Quote ain't edit as it turns out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience

Levitate posted:

I'm still skeptical about the "dogs ruin wildlife!" thing, at least to the extent people act like it does, but whatever. The bigger issue is that 99% of people can't control their dogs and they just go nuts all over the place and harass other people while their owners ineffectively call after them for 10 minutes before waddling over and saying "it's ok he's really friendly" bitch does it look like I give a poo poo if he's friendly.

Behold the typical goon who thinks he falls outside the 99th percentile.

• Locked thread