Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Fairly boring race, though I am pleased to see Canard in the top 5 finally. He was a decent start away from the podium.

My hope for big whoops was not realized, though it was kinda fun watching them fly through them at 50mph. Reed still did good despite the small whoops, so good for him. Not sure what happened to Musquin, I don't think he had any TV time at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Anderson
4. Musquin
5. Canard
12. Weimer

I may have to check up on practice results and adjust before the race, I guess Musquin had a big crash in practice last week and was way off. So maybe I should pay more attention to practice.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Anderson
4. Musquin
5. Canard
12. Weimer

I may have to check up on practice results and adjust before the race, I guess Musquin had a big crash in practice last week and was way off. So maybe I should pay more attention to practice.

This is the week I beat you! :argh:

Dungey
Anderson
Roczen
Tomac
Musquin
Mike Alessi (lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg_Lz6MVYxc)

edit: holy poo poo
Nickname Points Group Rank Overall Rank
dreesemonkey 575 #1 #47

edit2: seems like someone other than dungey should win this week but he's just better than they are so I can't bring myself to do it.

builds character fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 8, 2016

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

edit2: seems like someone other than dungey should win this week but he's just better than they are so I can't bring myself to do it.

It feels to me like Dungey's win being taken from him was a great mid-season wake-up call for him. Perfectly working to piss him off enough to want to destroy everyone instead of coast the rest of the season.

Roczen was right there with Dungey last week for the first few laps. The track was pretty easy, so there was no where to really make up time on anyone. I thought it was really telling that Roczen really didn't have anything for Dungey after the first few laps, there was no real excuse if they're equal on pace. I'm not saying Roczen sucks, but Dungey is head and shoulders above everyone right now.

That stat that I had a few weeks ago with the average 1st lap position. Dungey is now at an average of being in 2.75th place, the next best guy is Roczen with just over 7th. That's how you win championships. It's nuts.

builds character posted:

edit: holy poo poo
Nickname Points Group Rank Overall Rank
dreesemonkey 575 #1 #47

Yea, I'm thrilled to be up there! Beginners luck for sure, this is my first year playing fantasy SX. I'm like two crazy-good weeks away from being up there in the prizes, but no sense in overthinking it. It's all luck. I'll probably finish just good enough to be out of the prizes. I'll take a top 50 for sure.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
:siren: Musquin is out for tonight :siren:

Trying to get on the site to change my top 5 but it's not loading. The horror!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Was able to change my picks

dreesemonkey posted:

1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Anderson
4. Canard
5. Tomac
12. Weimer

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I set my picks to Dungey Anderson Roczen Tomac and Canard, so close but still so far

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
My picks didn't go through, I was able to luck into the top 3 instead of the top 4.

I'm a whiny bitchy baby about it, I could really use that truck!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
The race is early this week, 3PM EST. So if you're going to watch qualifying to adjust your picks keep that in mind. This is who I have at the moment, pretty much the same Top 5 I've been rockin' for a few weeks now. They claim St Louis has the best dirt of the year, nice and tacky. So it should suit the high corner speed guys. Eli may do good this weekend, he loves having traction. I'm also tempted to swap Dunge and Roczen, I think Kenny might be figuring some poo poo out.

1. Dungey
2. Roczen
3. Anderson
4. Canard
5. Tomac
8. Brayton

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

why canard and brayton over musquin and reed?

e: looking back I see that canard has been solidly 4/5 for the last few races. I'm thinking about choosing not-anderson this race because I think he's due for someone rocketing directly into him. On the other hand, he's fast.

builds character fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 22, 2016

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Roczen
Dungey
Musquin
Anderson (was Canard)
Canard (was Anderson)
Peick

Just seems like Dungey's the best but he's also won three in a row. The lowest he's placed has been third but I think it's more likely he gets second here (OK, honestly I think it's more likely he gets first. wtf am I doing? what a stupid pick) and Roczen is the next best guy and has really been pushing so I'm putting him in first. Musquin had a rough race last week but I think he doesn't get taken out this week and beats Anderson. I think Musquin is now faster than Anderson and Anderson hasn't made any friends all season so I think it's his turn to get bumped a little bit. Canard has been solid but just can't seem to break past the top three so he's in fourth. Probably he should be in fifth. In fact, going to change that now.

Peick because Will Hahn is still injured and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abwNmNo5ce0

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

why canard and brayton over musquin and reed?

e: looking back I see that canard has been solidly 4/5 for the last few races. I'm thinking about choosing not-anderson this race because I think he's due for someone rocketing directly into him. On the other hand, he's fast.

Yea Canard has been doing pretty well. It's mostly just wishful thinking on my part since he's my guy. Musquin had a bad crash a few weeks back and hasn't been the same since, I'm wondering if he re-aggrevated his wrist injury or hurt something else. Another crash during the main last week. I'll put him in the top 5 if he's high up in practice tomorrow. Reed might be there, apparently the whoops may be big-ish this week which would benefit Reedy. Brayton is kind of a shot in the dark, I'll look at practice/qualifying to see what's up. He would have been top 5 if it weren't for Anderson last week, though.

builds character posted:

Just seems like Dungey's the best but he's also won three in a row. The lowest he's placed has been third but I think it's more likely he gets second here (OK, honestly I think it's more likely he gets first. wtf am I doing? what a stupid pick) and Roczen is the next best guy and has really been pushing so I'm putting him in first. Musquin had a rough race last week but I think he doesn't get taken out this week and beats Anderson. I think Musquin is now faster than Anderson and Anderson hasn't made any friends all season so I think it's his turn to get bumped a little bit. Canard has been solid but just can't seem to break past the top three so he's in fourth. Probably he should be in fifth. In fact, going to change that now.

Of all the guys that could take Anderson out close to the front, it would be Canard. He's an aggressive rider as is, probably on par with Anderson speed wise and has no ties to the KTM/Husky brand at the moment. Seeley is back this week though and I wouldn't mind seeing him take Anderson's line away into a tough block or something. I don't hate Anderson but I think some of his "aggressive" passes are just lazy because he's got to park his bike in front of another guy to stop him. Dungey and Roczen are riding awesome, fast, and clean. That I really, really like.

Roczen isn't a dumb pick, he's going to get it one of these weeks and it'll pay off for you when he does. Also, if there is any week where Dungey let's up a little bit, it might be this one. I could see FELD leaning on him saying "You know, NOT wrapping it up with 2 races to go would be better for viewership, buddy". Conspiracy theory, but I could see it.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

Yea Canard has been doing pretty well. It's mostly just wishful thinking on my part since he's my guy. Musquin had a bad crash a few weeks back and hasn't been the same since, I'm wondering if he re-aggrevated his wrist injury or hurt something else. Another crash during the main last week. I'll put him in the top 5 if he's high up in practice tomorrow. Reed might be there, apparently the whoops may be big-ish this week which would benefit Reedy. Brayton is kind of a shot in the dark, I'll look at practice/qualifying to see what's up. He would have been top 5 if it weren't for Anderson last week, though.

Of all the guys that could take Anderson out close to the front, it would be Canard. He's an aggressive rider as is, probably on par with Anderson speed wise and has no ties to the KTM/Husky brand at the moment. Seeley is back this week though and I wouldn't mind seeing him take Anderson's line away into a tough block or something. I don't hate Anderson but I think some of his "aggressive" passes are just lazy because he's got to park his bike in front of another guy to stop him. Dungey and Roczen are riding awesome, fast, and clean. That I really, really like.

Roczen isn't a dumb pick, he's going to get it one of these weeks and it'll pay off for you when he does. Also, if there is any week where Dungey let's up a little bit, it might be this one. I could see FELD leaning on him saying "You know, NOT wrapping it up with 2 races to go would be better for viewership, buddy". Conspiracy theory, but I could see it.

Totally wrong about Musquin. loving Tomac, keeps doing the opposite of what I pick. :argh:

Otherwise, conspiracy!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

Totally wrong about Musquin. loving Tomac, keeps doing the opposite of what I pick. :argh:

Otherwise, conspiracy!

I think Tomac surprised everyone. Listening to the pulp network of shows, the kawi guys said they "finally found something" and it looked legit. I'm picking him in 3rd this weekend. It's arguable that I should put Dungey off the podium because he probably only needs like 5th or something this week, but I think he's still going to want to win. As good as Roczen is looking, I gotta think Dungey will want to win the night and clinch. We'll see.

My uninspired picks

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

I think Tomac surprised everyone. Listening to the pulp network of shows, the kawi guys said they "finally found something" and it looked legit. I'm picking him in 3rd this weekend. It's arguable that I should put Dungey off the podium because he probably only needs like 5th or something this week, but I think he's still going to want to win. As good as Roczen is looking, I gotta think Dungey will want to win the night and clinch. We'll see.

My uninspired picks

I'm with you on Dungey. He's going to really want to win. I am purposely not picking Tomac because he does the opposite of what I want him to and I'm trying to help you with that truck.

Dungey
Roczen
Anderson
Canard
Reed

Peick

I don't feel great about Reed, but what can you do.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

I'm with you on Dungey. He's going to really want to win. I am purposely not picking Tomac because he does the opposite of what I want him to and I'm trying to help you with that truck.

Dungey
Roczen
Anderson
Canard
Reed

Peick

I don't feel great about Reed, but what can you do.

Ohhhhhh the truck. I'm barely in the top 100 now after picking 4/5 of the top 5 last week, but no one in the right place. :qq:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Now is the week for everyone to pick not-Roczen to win because I am. My reasoning is not his streak, but he won the Monster Cup this year in the same stadium on the same dirt. And, I guess because he's fired up too.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Going
Dungey
Roczen
Anderson
Tomac
Seely
Reed

I'm torn on Dungey. I think he's getting first or he's getting like sixth. But I think he'll be mad to not have finished on the podium last race and I still think he's the best rider out there.

dreesemonkey posted:

Now is the week for everyone to pick not-Roczen to win because I am. My reasoning is not his streak, but he won the Monster Cup this year in the same stadium on the same dirt. And, I guess because he's fired up too.

Why are you bringing Musquin back?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Final standings. Congratulations to me and my super clever plan of "pick Dungey to win." The best kind of genius seems obvious in hindsight. As our group rank indicates, we are all exceptionally brilliant and thoughtful watchers of supercross and the people we know should feel honored that we even consider discussing it with them.

Group Rank #1825 of 5424

dreesemonkey 739 #1 #604
buildscharacter 592 #2 #15404
Philiph 550 #3 #24263
AnnaSv250XC 549 #4 #24357
VTNewb 541 #5 #26100
rifkin 532 #6 #27776
Deeters 493 #7 #34730

dreesemonkey, as winner it is either your or vtnewb's job to set this up again. Thank you in advance and sorry you didn't win a truck.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Yay supercross. If anyone wants to keep the thread alive I'm willing to chat outdoors once that starts up, I think I actually like that more than supercross.

Can Tomac rekindle his 5-moto-massacre pace he was on? Can Roczen keep up with Tomac? Why haven't I mentioned Dungey yet?

Are there any fantasy leagues for MX? I'm not sure if I have the desire for another fantasy league right now, but I'll be watching regardless.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Yo-sup,

I vote dreesemonkey for running a new Fantasy SX thread this year, but perhaps a different (better) service with actual reports instead of my sorry rear end doing it by hand.

Someone with platinum PM him!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Yo-sup,

I vote dreesemonkey for running a new Fantasy SX thread this year, but perhaps a different (better) service with actual reports instead of my sorry rear end doing it by hand.

Someone with platinum PM him!

I just happened to see this thread update. I can create / manage a new thread for the upcoming season. I'll start working on an OP (meaning not doing it and then making GBS threads something together a week before the season starts)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

I just happened to see this thread update. I can create / manage a new thread for the upcoming season. I'll start working on an OP (meaning not doing it and then making GBS threads something together a week before the season starts)

u da real mvp.

Any thoughts on alternate services? I think Racer X did one?

Season looks to be a big shake-up!

• Locked thread