Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
book
Nov 29, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The mohawk kid and fat rear end director are assholes I don't like them at all.

Director best girl. gently caress Tarou though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

book posted:

Director best girl. gently caress Tarou though.

Tarou redeems himself in the second half. Also his shittiness gets dwarfed by Funny Story.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Whoo just tossed Working!!! on the 'I didn't watch this when it aired because I was already woefully behind but goddamn that really was a great show' pile. Now to check out Parasyte.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

I always look forward to this thread. I tend to binge watch anime two or three times a year, so it's great to get all the good stuff sifted out from the previous year that I'd have otherwise overlooked. Big thanks to everyone who does mini write ups as well, they really help in figuring out if it's something I'd probably like.

Currently working through Ore Monogatari!! and enjoying it quite a bit. I enjoy the fact it doesn't drag the initial suspense on for loving ever. Prison School was another one I grabbed from the thread, a fun short series. Food Wars is so dumb, but in a good way. Every shonen action trope but applied to cooking. Can't wait for more.

Like the previous top ten lists I'll probably work through them all eventually, as I've enjoyed most of what has made it on the previous years lists.

I hope the adult office genre becomes a thing. I really liked Service X Servant and Shirobako.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I finished Shirobako and it's good but it's definitely not a must see thing that will change your life forever. There are too many characters without doubt, the character design is lovely for that too because everyone ends up looking too similar or indistinct to the point where they look the same. It's got severe same face issues throughout. The character interactions are all fun though, and other than Director (whose schtick got old fast, especially when he wasn't finishing up Exodus!) and Mohawk (whose schtick got old once him being a total asshat wasn't new), most of them were good characters. I liked when Zuka-chan-senpai got the job on the Aerial Girls.

I'd retroactively put it at #3 on my list of 2015 anime (of the 4 I know I watched and remember).

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Other than the faces of the 5 girls, the diversity of character designs in Shirobako is one of its strong points.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The costumes are amazing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PirateDentist posted:

I always look forward to this thread. I tend to binge watch anime two or three times a year, so it's great to get all the good stuff sifted out from the previous year that I'd have otherwise overlooked. Big thanks to everyone who does mini write ups as well, they really help in figuring out if it's something I'd probably like.

Currently working through Ore Monogatari!! and enjoying it quite a bit. I enjoy the fact it doesn't drag the initial suspense on for loving ever. Prison School was another one I grabbed from the thread, a fun short series. Food Wars is so dumb, but in a good way. Every shonen action trope but applied to cooking. Can't wait for more.

Like the previous top ten lists I'll probably work through them all eventually, as I've enjoyed most of what has made it on the previous years lists.

I hope the adult office genre becomes a thing. I really liked Service X Servant and Shirobako.

Working!! is another office genre show (the office is a restaurant), and it's really good.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Wakakozake could be considered part of the office genre, even if it's about what happens after the main character leaves the office.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There are some flashbacks to offices. I'll allow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

district 12
Oct 19, 2004

muscles griffon~~
I just finished Your Lie in April and I'm really wishing I'd started it earlier because it would probably rank on par with Shirobako, it's beautiful and so emotional that I found myself tearing up almost every episode. :sadfan:

• Locked thread