Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Ive tried to beat megaman X many times over the years ever since I rented it on snes when it came out, but I always run out of steam. Well guess what. 2016 is the year I beat mega man X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've only played mega man 2

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Megaman 1 was one of those games where I had to grow older to be able to make progress. When I was a babby I couldn't do god drat gutsman's level and those ball busting jumps. Self elf book is right, though, it was like having 8 Ghosts and Goblins or Castlevanias. Kids have it easy these days, lemme tell ya

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
the real question is whether or not nes mega man games were harder than little nemo's dream master, because that game was hard. i tried it again recently and still got stuck almost immediately, but then again i am bad at games.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i really love the dark man stages and i wish they'd come back

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Paper Triangle posted:

the real question is whether or not nes mega man games were harder than little nemo's dream master, because that game was hard. i tried it again recently and still got stuck almost immediately, but then again i am bad at games.

when I was a kid there was this kid that went to juvenile hall that lived down the street that had this savant cousin who would come over and beat all my games for me when I was too young to beat them. I beat everything eventually except for ghosts and goblins, because gently caress that game, and now I have mad respect for that savant kid and wonder what he's up to

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fozzy fosbourne posted:

when I was a kid there was this kid that went to juvenile hall that lived down the street that had this savant cousin who would come over and beat all my games for me when I was too young to beat them. I beat everything eventually except for ghosts and goblins, because gently caress that game, and now I have mad respect for that savant kid and wonder what he's up to

He's Elon Musk

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Megaman 1 was one of those games where I had to grow older to be able to make progress. When I was a babby I couldn't do god drat gutsman's level and those ball busting jumps. Self elf book is right, though, it was like having 8 Ghosts and Goblins or Castlevanias. Kids have it easy these days, lemme tell ya

I got through the first cycle of Ghosts and Goblins via save states and the game is actually too hard for me to complete even using them lol

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Paper Triangle posted:

Nemo is a lot harder. It controls worse and has harder levels to boot. gently caress that train ride.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well guys, I forgot about playing this. I'll try to beat it today or something, probably tomorrow actually since I'm trying to work on a Mario Maker course.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Any way we can get the title changed to "Son of a Glitch!" ? Would be more videogame related and TBHQ swear words are kinda unwelcome-y and honestly not my cup of tea. Tia

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Any way we can get the title changed to "Son of a Glitch!" ? Would be more videogame related and TBHQ swear words are kinda unwelcome-y and honestly not my cup of tea. Tia

There's a series with this name and the guy sounds like he's really ashamed to even be saying glitch in the intro.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Alright guys, again, I'm sorry but no Mega Man tonight. I got Xenoblade for Christmas so, I gotta at least give that a spin.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Elec Man down. I accidentally killed him really fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VNwUK2KOKU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I had Wyld's stream going in the background so sorry about the daft punk or whatever and the Australian yelling man.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

It still has the best music on the NES.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

I had Wyld's stream going in the background so sorry about the daft punk or whatever and the Australian yelling man.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

http://www.twitch.tv/wormskull Hell I'm gonna try to do it live, hopefully my internet works.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Wormskull posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/wormskull Hell I'm gonna try to do it live, hopefully my internet works.
:stonk:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Is this some sort of DSP gimmick... or? uh..

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think I'm having microphone problems.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wormskull missed a jump when someone called his stream gay and then he gave a deep sigh and deleted the message. Anyway, can't stand to watch streams so have fun OP.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Wormskull missed a jump when someone called his stream gay and then he gave a deep sigh and deleted the message. Anyway, can't stand to watch streams so have fun OP.

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

wormskull should stream mario maker. i love that game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Larry Parrish posted:

The only stream I've watched was when Slur played my Mario Maker level but this sounds pretty good

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
I watched my first stream today and it was a man restarting dark souls 100 times and talking about RNG because he was trying to fight bosses at SL1 without rolling and it seemed extremely hosed up and retarded.

watching someone play mega man is a lot cooler and more fun to watch tho I think :)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

crunk dork posted:

I watched my first stream today and it was a man restarting dark souls 100 times and talking about RNG because he was trying to fight bosses at SL1 without rolling and it seemed extremely hosed up and retarded.

watching someone play mega man is a lot cooler and more fun to watch tho I think :)
http://www.twitch.tv/wormskull/v/34921600

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006

ya i was watching earlier and it mysteriously cut to an image of dwayne "the rock" johnson and i decided to eat.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

wormskull should stream mario maker. i love that game

Same.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I deleted it because the guy was talking poo poo and had Dota in his name.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I may stream Mario Maker but I usually like to lay on my bed when I play it so I probably wouldn't talk much. My microphone in OBS keeps turning off though which is annoying.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Anyway I beat Mega Man 1, first using the pause abuse thing but then I went back and did it because I discovered the fire weapon can murk the last boss real fast.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I deleted it because the guy was talking poo poo and had Dota in his name.
Sounds like BBG

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

His name was DirtyDanDota and my mic was all hosed up so no one heard it probably but I said Seriously? Your gonna talk trash when you have Dota in your name... Come back in ten minutes when your attitude has improved and then I timed him out for 10 minutes but I couldn't figure out how to untime people out since I didn't mean it to be a full 10 minutes, maybe like 60 seconds or something but it defaulted to 600.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Wormskull posted:

Anyway I beat Mega Man 1, first using the pause abuse thing but then I went back and did it because I discovered the fire weapon can murk the last boss real fast.
uhhh??? http://www.twitch.tv/wormskull/v/34946712

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Someone probably answered and I forgot but is the moving around in the later Mega Men any better.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The mic being hosed up i s apparently a windows 10 thing... That's assy.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I may stream Mario Maker but I usually like to lay on my bed when I play it so I probably wouldn't talk much. My microphone in OBS keeps turning off though which is annoying.

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was meaning to stream making levels but now that I want to make Speed Levels it'd be kind of a spoiler to show the process.

• Locked thread