Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Welp. That's a pity. apparently there's an audio recording where he's spilt the exact beans but no one is releasing it because it's too personal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
I suppose this is better all around. The comic had written itself in a corner. Lack of artists and family sickness made updates very unfrequent. First book remains forever the best.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Onmi posted:

Welp. That's a pity. apparently there's an audio recording where he's spilt the exact beans but no one is releasing it because it's too personal.

Some comments from superfans who've heard the audio:

quote:

I just listened to the audio recording explaining the situation and want to respect Rob's wishes and privacy but also want to clear a couple things up.

It has absolutely nothing to do with issues with artists, criticism, or the comic in general.

It has to do with absolutely 100% with super hosed up things that nobody should have to deal with happening in their personal life that I'm not going to go into detail about because Rob can do that if he wants to post publicly.

I'm shaken just having listened to it and I have no idea how ANYTHING has gotten produced in the time this thing has been going on and now that horrible thing #3 has happened, it's hard to see how anyone can function having gone through what Rob and Linda are going through.

quote:

I’ve listened part of the audio message. I’m unsure on what can or even should be shared given the personal nature of this information.

The most I’m willing to say is that no, it’s not due to Linda’s health, and no, Erfworld is not in legal trouble.

quote:

No. It's orders of magnitude worse than a stalker. However, he's asked people not to share what he's said privately. That said, rest assured that it is every bit bad enough to make it impossible for him to continue work right now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

NihilCredo posted:

Some comments from superfans who've heard the audio:

The speculation seems to be SIDS Which, yeah, would explain a tonne.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Looking at the Reddit thread, it looks like Linda's son and Rob's stepson passed away at the beginning of the month.

I am sorry for their loss and it makes total sense on why to stop the comic.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Christ. :smith:

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
The unofficial Erfworld Reddit has offered more info and it's possible to piece together what happened based on news reports. It's not a pleasant story and I wouldn't recommend people go looking for it. I'll say that it's nothing to do with any rumored legal action or Rob wanting to duck out of Erfworld because of X issue. There is a terrible behind-the-scenes family tragedy going on and it makes sense that they wouldn't want any rumor-mongering going on in forums. Whatever anyone might think of Rob or his past actions, it's not the kind of thing you would wish on someone.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

DeadBonesBrook posted:

The unofficial Erfworld Reddit has offered more info and it's possible to piece together what happened based on news reports. It's not a pleasant story and I wouldn't recommend people go looking for it. I'll say that it's nothing to do with any rumored legal action or Rob wanting to duck out of Erfworld because of X issue. There is a terrible behind-the-scenes family tragedy going on and it makes sense that they wouldn't want any rumor-mongering going on in forums. Whatever anyone might think of Rob or his past actions, it's not the kind of thing you would wish on someone.

Yeah, it took me a few minutes and one google search to piece together what happened, and it's loving awful. I stopped reading Erfworld when it was clear the comic was never going anywhere and the author was throwing new ideas at the page instead of worrying about actually telling a story. But that's got nothing to do with what apparently happened, and I'm so sorry that it did.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Rogue 7 posted:

Yeah, it took me a few minutes and one google search to piece together what happened, and it's loving awful.

Yeah. I'm sorry I googled it, not knowing was better. I hope Rob and Linda can somehow get past it and keep living on.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Huh, that sucks. It's been awhile since I followed erfworld, but I was planning on reading again if it ever got finished.

Considering the whole thing with his wife having cancer, it seems kind of weird that he's going scorched earth with the comic. Seems like it'd make more sense to keep some revenue from it, but I also don't know finance.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Under the circumstances, I think we've said all that need be said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Edit : Ehhhh, nevermind.

khy fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 17, 2019