Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
There is a difference between saying

SectumSempra posted:

UGH OF COURSE JAPANESE LEVEL CREATORS ALWAYS TROLLING ME, gently caress

once and calling them "Jap" levels and harping on the ethnicity of the level creator while doing the whole rage act.

I mean it's whatever, I just don't really watch him so it has little to no effect on me. It is also a little disingenuous to say all Mario maker streamers do that when witwix's closest brush with racism (that I've seen) is using an over-the-top accent like once every other stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

KicksYouInHalf posted:

once and calling them "Jap" levels and harping on the ethnicity of the level creator while doing the whole rage act.

I mean it's whatever, I just don't really watch him so it has little to no effect on me. It is also a little disingenuous to say all Mario maker streamers do that when witwix's closest brush with racism (that I've seen) is using an over-the-top accent like once every other stream.

He does the jap thing to harp on twitch chat which is more or less 4chan level. I agree it is too much at times.
i don't know the guy personally though so i can't go much further in defending him :shrug: i also barely watch mario maker streams anymore so fair I can't comment on all.

Witwix is overall a better streamer though, witwix is also a white guy, who generally should just stay away from all race comments in general. he just calls em poo poo levels.

He also doesn't spend 4 hours trying to beat japanese levels like trihex.

The worst he does is activate text to speech for an hour in a russian or chinese accent to read donations and calls it waifu hour.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 12, 2016

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Trihex is a sellout that's why he panders so much to his garbage chat

He also has bad taste in anime but that's another matter entirely

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

KicksYouInHalf posted:

A rather astounding number of people have no idea that "Jap" and sometimes even "Nip" are pejoratives

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
anime is good

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Eonwe posted:

anime is good

I'm never telling you who got cucked

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Cowman posted:

to be fair people attribute things like that to everything. First example that comes to mind is the Top Gear guys talking about German cars and German engineering. It's always overly complex but super reliable and well made. I don't know if it's really racism but it's really not that uncommon.

Clarkson is a huge troll who is kind of a leftover racist old white guy so he usually doesn't think too much before talking, and says some hosed up poo poo, but he also shits all over british auto makers and road law so i think it's just stereotyping. I usually separate stereotyping and racism by the intent of the phrasing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Studio posted:

I'm never telling you who got cucked

rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Okay, I think we're done here.