Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Post your random jumble of goony opinions about 2015 MMA here so we can all make fun of how dumb and wrong we all are. If you know about boxing/kickboxing/savate/army combatives you can put that stuff on your list too I guess.

Fight Card of the year: UFC 189, but I also really enjoyed 194 despite Jacare getting robbed.
FOTY: Lawler/McDonald. I can't think of another fight that was even a contender to knock this one out of the #1 spot. I've watched it several times and it's still amazing to watch.
Fighter of the year: Conor. I started out the year not really knowing who he was and like a lot of other people I was a little irritated about the special treatment and fast track to a title shot he was given. Now I'm completely sold on Conor as a fighter. I don't really give a gently caress about all the poo poo he talks, but I sure like watching him sleep people with that straight left.
KO of the year: McGregor over Aldo
Sub of the year: Mighty Mouse's last second armbar
Andre Galvao memorial award for sweet Jiu Jitsu: Demian Maia breakdancing all over Gunnar Nelson
Funniest Fight: Gabi Garcia's flailtacular, deer in the headlights performance at RIZIN swooped in and stole it at the last second
Biggest Upset: Holly Holm ruining Ronda's SMV for the foreseeable future
The Sakuraba award (dear god please stop fighting I don't want to watch you die): Dan Henderson
Biggest Disappointment: Cowboy's non-performance against Dos Anjos.

Most Importantly, SAS Pro-posting Champion of 2015: BlueDeanie for his beautiful work in his consistently great and funny GDTs.

Alright fuckers, your turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Poor Rafael Dos Anjos. He puts on the best performance of a increasingly great career and all people can talk about is how Cowboy didn't show up or whatever.

Erz
Sep 9, 2004
The Real Official World MMA Awards nominees just got released and IDO PORTAL is up for trainer of the year lmao

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Gramps posted:

The Sakuraba award (dear god please stop fighting I don't want to watch you die): Dan Henderson

Up until this week I would have totally agreed and now I want to give the Sakuraba award back to Sakuraba.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
what's going on? are we using this thread to vote on his thread?

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
Saku should win that award every year until he actually dies because he is going to do it in the ring. At that point you can create a new award for fighters murderer by referees, which would have been won this year by Weidman.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

what's going on? are we using this thread to vote on his thread?

I am bad at this apparently. Since people are posting here (sorta) and this thread has been linked to elsewhere I'll leave it open and face my shame.

Gramps fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 2, 2016

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
A friend of mine had 2 kids, got injured, took a come back fight anyway whilst unfit, lost by getting more injured, then took another fight without training for some decent cash. It sucks. Good year for mma in general though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Is it easy to get HGH in the UK? Asking for a friend.

• Locked thread