Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for 2015?
This poll is closed.
:human being: AJ Styles (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 1 0.56%
:glomp: Bayley (NXT Women's Champion) 68 38.42%
Brock Lesnar (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 12 6.78%
:slick: BxB Hulk (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 1 0.56%
:wotwot: Ethan Carter III (TNA World Champion) 1 0.56%
:drac: Finn Balor (NXT Champion) 1 0.56%
:fut: Hiroshi Tanahashi (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 0 0%
:freep: Jay Briscoe (ROH World Champion) 2 1.13%
:perfect: Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) 26 14.69%
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 3 1.69%
Kevin Owens (NXT Champion) 3 1.69%
:patriot: Kurt Angle (TNA World Champion) 0 0%
:flashfap: Masato Yoshino (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 0 0%
:hchatter: Matt Hardy (TNA World Champion) 1 0.56%
:megadeath: Mil Muertes (Lucha Underground Champion) 1 0.56%
Minoru Suzuki (GHC Heavyweight Championship) 2 1.13%
:rodimus: Naomichi Marufuji (GHC Heavyweight Championship) 0 0%
:) Roderick Strong (PWG World Champion) 8 4.52%
:eyepop: Prince Puma (Lucha Underground Champion) 3 1.69%
:mufasa: Roman Reigns (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 4 2.26%
:spidey: Sami Zayn (NXT Champion) 0 0%
Sasha Banks (NXT Women's Champion) 21 11.86%
:rant: Seth Rollins (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 11 6.21%
:fella: Sheamus (WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 1 0.56%
:smithmouth: Shingo Takagi (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 7 3.95%
Total: 177 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I would like to see this mythical 'good' performance by Michael Cole with my own eyes, but since I'm not a pitiable relativist that thinks any wrestling even slightly better than making GBS threads blood or sticking pins in your eyes is good, I'll have to make do with reality: That Michael Cole is hot garbage, has always been, will always be.

Like this. This is not a thing that has ever happened. Remember that they removed Vince from Taz's ear and he became a mush-mouthed idiot. The really horrifying thing is that Vince is the only thing holding us back from something that is somehow worse than Michael Cole as is.

I mean someone just said beast in the east on the last page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I mean someone just said beast in the east on the last page

Reading is hard, man

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grozz Nuy posted:

Reading is hard, man

give him some credit do you know how hard it is to listen to a forum

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

Reading is hard, man

What part of "you are completely wrong about Michael Cole and he has never ever been good" is hard, here? Is it the bitter sting of the truth?

All three commentators are so bad that they are actively making shows worse, not least because for the last 10 years or so they have been trying to do three of them for some dumb reason. However, Michael Cole is the OG crap announcer, because even the King and JBL were good at one point in time. During Heel Michael Cole he was closing in on The Worst Ever, outside of one-shots they would do with people who should not be announcing and our granpappy's wrestling shows.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

He's the best in the booth on wwe tv, actually.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

What part of "you are completely wrong about Michael Cole and he has never ever been good" is hard, here? Is it the bitter sting of the truth?

All three commentators are so bad that they are actively making shows worse, not least because for the last 10 years or so they have been trying to do three of them for some dumb reason. However, Michael Cole is the OG crap announcer, because even the King and JBL were good at one point in time. During Heel Michael Cole he was closing in on The Worst Ever, outside of one-shots they would do with people who should not be announcing and our granpappy's wrestling shows.

counterpoint: Micheal Cole is good

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I dont really begrudge anyone for hating michael cole regardless of if hes been fully competent in specific circumstances because his heel run was probably the worst anyone has been ever and it lasted forever and its not useful to blame everything on vince even if its accurate

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Michael Cole is not good but he's the least bad person WWE employs for main roster commentary unless we're already counting Ranallo after like two weeks or however long he's been in the company. JBL is so much worse.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I enjoy Michael Cole at ringside, usually. He had some pretty solid calls when Vince wasn't in his ear for the last few matches of Mania XXX.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

ParanoidInc posted:

counterpoint: Micheal Cole is good

No! Nooo! You fools!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Grozz Nuy posted:

Michael Cole is not good but he's the least bad person WWE employs for main roster commentary unless we're already counting Ranallo after like two weeks or however long he's been in the company. JBL is so much worse.

Ranallo's two weeks are better than Cole at his peak.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Michael Cole's call of the Mania 30 main event was very good after Vince left for the hospital with Undertaker

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9BUQ1R9ACw

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the only memorable michael cole call I remember in like 20 drat years of him being on tv is when jake the snake showed up and he said 'ive seen a ghost.' i think they literally went back and edited his call of christian's first world title win because his making GBS threads all over it was so overwhelmingly awful

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he's right that the wwe announce desk actively makes the product worse at every turn but michael cole is sometimes good. Rarely, but sometimes

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
as bad as Cole is at times its not like he's at bad at Striker completely destroying the business by defending it

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
he's just marking out bro

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Hace posted:

he's just marking out bro

THERE'S NO KNEE SLAPPING HERE

:negative:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ayn rand hand job posted:

as bad as Cole is at times its not like he's at bad at Striker completely destroying the business by defending it

Matt Stryker is the worst commentator of all time outside of heel Michael Cole

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Michael Cole can be good but he is often not good in the least bit. Nobody at the desk is.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Matt Striker is cool as hell, on the other hand. He riles you nerds up like nothing else.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

NienNunb posted:

Matt Striker is cool as hell, on the other hand. He riles you nerds up like nothing else.

so does the continued existence of tna

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

NienNunb posted:

michael cole riles up nerds by being bad, and is bad

matt striker riles up nerds by being bad, but is good??? a-whaaaaa????

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Michael Cole has never made me more interested in what is going on on TV. He has never sold me on anything in particular in a match or promotionally.. He's better than he was as a heel but that's saying next to nothing, if outright nothing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It felt a little forced, but I still enjoy his call of Mick Foley's first championship win. Though maybe that's just elevated because everything else going on around it was so incredible.

Man I gotta go watch Mick Foley's first championship win again :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Thauros posted:

At least there was one other person on here who had the taste to recognize the best all around champion in 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iybuD6CbfzE

I think it was me who also voted for Suzuki. Cheers

• Locked thread