Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I'm beginning to think that UNLV is gonna bungle the hiring of the next head coach

Is it too much to ask for consistent and similar success to SDSU? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I'll look when I get a chance, but I feel like losing, at home, by like 20 to Northeastern was was worse.

Or the team that went to the Elite 8, losing to a 5 win Marshall team.

SInce I'm bored:

2005 Marshall (6-22) was #198 on kenpom
2004 Northeastern (19-11) was #205 on kenpom [I assume you mean this game, they lost by 7]

But:
2008 Harvard (8-22) was #282 on kenpom... it was the year Michigan was 10-22.

Rutgers is currently #278 on kenpom. That Harvard loss was on the road though, so I would say losing at home to Rutgers would be the worst! Not that it's going to happen or anything.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 27, 2016

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
N: AD Warde Manuel left UConn for Michigan today, and that gets rid of Kevin Ollie's buyout for a year.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-mens-basketball/hc-kevin-ollie-warde-manuel-contract-0128-20160127-story.html

V: It sure was great being a men's basketball power while it lasted.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lessail posted:

I'm beginning to think that UNLV is gonna bungle the hiring of the next head coach

Is it too much to ask for consistent and similar success to SDSU? :negative:

try and hire Brian Dutcher

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

beginning to think this @maryland, @indiana, michigan state, @iowa stretch might not turn out very well for the Northwestern Wildcats

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

beginning to think this @maryland, @indiana, michigan state, @iowa stretch might not turn out very well for the Northwestern Wildcats

Us beating Maryland and then losing to you would be very on brand

DornerHorse
May 21, 2014

Chewie, we're Prohm
No news on McKay yet. It's about the big dance with this team. They should think about sitting him for a couple weeks until he's actually right. He'll be needed healthy for March and it'll help develop depth for a tourney run. Prohm needs every live body for the stretch run, especially big men, because he's kind of the only one we have

Give that small ball lineup lots of practice together

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I heard there's no structural damage, which is good. I wouldn't be shocked to see him sit against A&M because losing on the road at a top 5 team really doesn't hurt you in the standings at all. Winning that game though is a huge boost, so I hate to concede it outright by sitting our best defender.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Michigan played probably their 2nd worst game of the season (getting completely dunked on by SMU in the worst) and won by 11. The fact that they missed about a million open shots is kind of concerning given that the team's only real strength is great shooting, but at least the game gave us the great moment of Zak Irvin missing the front end of a 1 and 1, no one on Rutgers reacting, and then finally a Rutgers player picking the ball up and throwing it to the referee out of bounds.

https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/692526158102007809

Eddie Jordan's reaction is pretty great

Marquis de Pyro fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jan 28, 2016

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Iowa and Maryland both looked pretty bad tonight. Uthoff finally had a bad night for Iowa. He honestly looked like a deer in the headlights from the beginning on both ends of the court.

I think Iowa might be the better team there but without Woodbury, Iowa was in trouble. He was the only big inside player we had that could handle Maryland's big guys on defense.

Iowa can't have both Jok and Uthoff have an off night in the same game and that happened.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Jok was pretty good, although his bad moments looked really bad. They can't have a night like that from Uthoff without someone else unexpected really stepping up, and pretty much everyone except Sapp, Jok, and Woodbury (who has quietly been pretty great this season btw) was crap tonight. Uhl was especially awful outside of a handful of plays on offense and he got worked defensively.

Uthoff will be okay. His jumper was just off and he was short on everything. It happens to everyone eventually.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
WVU's Jon Holton, who has been having an incredibly good year and is hugely important to our press, has been suspended indefinitely ahead of the Florida game for a violation of team rules :350:

He's, I am told, likely to miss Iowa State and possibly Baylor as well.

It was fun while it lasted, idea we might be a top 2 seed.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Looks like the NIT dream is over. This stupid conference.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So, barring a huge collapse, USC should make the tournament right? I'm so used to us being terrible that I can't really accept that it will work out

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
USC should be a lock

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Michigan won a game despite shooting 6-20 from three, given the style of team they are that's pretty surprising

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou rocked at home by a Not Good Mississippi St. team--one of the two remaining games that they might win. Kim Anderson with some great post-game analysis:

https://twitter.com/todpalmer/status/693644760918073344

https://twitter.com/GabeDeArmond/status/693644880732491776

Just pull the plug already and throw a bunch of money at someone who has coached Division I before.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Texas is up to 29 on kenpom. We play baylor bitch national champs on Monday so hopefully that'll be a fun game.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
NCAAM Feb: Is Basketball Over Yet

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
there is no hope

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

4 of the 9 teams in the Summit League are currently tied for first. If you care about such things, the last 7 games of the conference season should be pretty exciting.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Wisconsin wins 4 straight, has turned from 'emotionally wretching' to 'scrappy sometimes-good with a bright future.' Gard has a great feel for who to play off the bench, and Nigel is actually giving a gently caress. .

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

kittenmittons posted:

NCAAM Feb: Is Basketball Over Yet

When Kentucky fans start skipping ahead to football season, you know it's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It's February, here's a new thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762604

• Locked thread