Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

This game kicks rear end - my rear end. Help me out imps, what are your favorite weapons, mutations, and characters to take you through the wasteland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i like to use YV and he's strong. but i am also bad and have never made it past the ice area

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I never beat it, despite logging tons of hours in it. I like rebel and YV

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

this game keeps crashing when i try playing it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

well.. i hope it stops doing that because its really fun

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If you got it on Stream try verifying game files, there were some big problems with earlier releases

For console idk, maybe re download

Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

i like to use YV and he's strong. but i am also bad and have never made it past the ice area

im real bad at it, i think i made it past the junkyard once?

it's fun though

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I put like 30 hours into this and never got past the level right before the final boss.

yv is great. melting is crazy but really fun. robot is wonderful. really it's easier to list the lame characters, since that's basically just Eyes

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

eyes is cool actually, he's like a weaker/different version of the insanely good time-slowing ability that Chicken used to have. and pulling stuff in helps you smash them with melee

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
he's not really 'lame' I guess he's just not my thing.

rip chicken's time slow tho

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

its fun

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the only character i've never really liked playing is Crystal. its hard to think of a situations in the game where i'd rather stand still and block for a limited amount of time instead of doing one of the many other movement or combat options

Dec 26, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

the only character i've never really liked playing is Crystal. its hard to think of a situations in the game where i'd rather stand still and block for a limited amount of time instead of doing one of the many other movement or combat options

the block makes more sense when you can mutate it into a teleport

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

that sounds cool. is it one of his level 10 super mutations or just a regular one

Dec 26, 2012

it's her throne butt

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

lesbian baphomet posted:

eyes is cool actually, he's like a weaker/different version of the insanely good time-slowing ability that Chicken used to have. and pulling stuff in helps you smash them with melee

01011001 posted:

the block makes more sense when you can mutate it into a teleport

Both of these are really good with throne butt, Eyes telekinesis becomes pretty powerful and it also pushes projectiles away, if you have the slow bullet mutation you will basically never get hit by bullets

Crystal's teleport is awesome once you get the hang of the timing, it will give you about half a second of invulnerability and then zap you to the spot you're aiming at

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have this on my vita and it's fun. I'm really bad at it though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm really bad too but I just unlocked Y.V. and he's so cool . Brrrrapppp

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
So far I've only beat it with Crystal but I've gotten pretty close with steroids.

Double crossbow steroids is pretty rude

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Trying to unlock Horror but it destroys me within seconds every time

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

im not positive on this but im pretty sure a crossbow style bolt will go through its slime laser thing and kill it in one or two hits. so try that or maybe explosives or melee. no matter what weapon dont try to fight it if you dont have cover.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
yv is my favorite but steroids is really good too

some other characters are cool but i demand the maximum amount of Gun possible

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SeXReX posted:

So far I've only beat it with Crystal

Same. Crystal feels like Easy Mode.

Playing a lot of Robot now, still can't beat it though.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Agag posted:

Same. Crystal feels like Easy Mode.

Playing a lot of Robot now, still can't beat it though.

I've been doing a ton of steroids since his DPS is just stupid high and I'm a moron who tries to speedrun everything. Gotten past lil hunter a couple times with him but then die to something dumb in 6-1

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SeXReX posted:

I've been doing a ton of steroids since his DPS is just stupid high and I'm a moron who tries to speedrun everything. Gotten past lil hunter a couple times with him but then die to something dumb in 6-1

After 3-3 is try to be real cautious and crossbow snipe everything, but maybe berzerking with Steroids is a better option. Especially when drunk.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Agag posted:

After 3-3 is try to be real cautious and crossbow snipe everything, but maybe berzerking with Steroids is a better option. Especially when drunk.

yeah I usually slow down too but if I got 2 weapons that can 1 shot spiders/snowbots I get pretty ballsy. The best feeling was when I first decided I was going to blow myself up with a bazooka and I learned it can 1shot tanks.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
YV with a bazooka and immunity to rockets is the best melee build.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Eyes with the gamma guts mutation is nice for melee since ranged enemies don't shoot if you're really close to them

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

It's great that there bunches of screenshots of the game crashing whenever you get killed in the palace on the PS4 in the overview section. You know what to expect!

I think Eyes' mouthless screaming best suits my playstyle, but I think robot might be my next best shot, each extra ammo or health drop I get as it always seems to make the big difference.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Hibbloes posted:

It's great that there bunches of screenshots of the game crashing whenever you get killed in the palace on the PS4 in the overview section. You know what to expect!

I think Eyes' mouthless screaming best suits my playstyle, but I think robot might be my next best shot, each extra ammo or health drop I get as it always seems to make the big difference.

Robot's wea[pn eating thing synergizes real well with the crown of Guns, problem is you're still relying on a secondary that will instantly eat your best weapon if you slip up and hit the wrong button just once

game has never crashed for me on the PC since it went live but all through early access there were tons of bugs, glad to see most of them seem to have een resolved

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have this in my library and i've been meaning to play it some more. i played a super early version and wasn't blown away by it.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

imo crystal is the best noob character because of shielding, steroids is also a good easymode character because you dont need to worry about weapon swapping. If you're planning on looping they're both mediocre compared to some other options though. If you can reliably hit ultra, i think its better to plan around characters with good ultra mutations that add to your offensive power. Steroids ultra mutations are basically worthless unfortunately, and the dual wielding thing becomes less important as you find top tier weapons.

YV is probably the best for looping, iirc he had the best stats on the daily leaderboards back when those were working. I'd also rate horror as one of the best because of anomaly, which will automatically kill everything in the level after you've cleared about 2/3 of it, often taking out of idpd vans before they spawn (they'll actually teleport in and instantly explode, and a bunch of ammo will fall out). There's also melting, who can make so many explosions the game will probably crash before you die to anything. And fish is a lot of fun if you get trigger fingers and a super plasma cannon, probably won't get that lucky though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i have this in my library and i've been meaning to play it some more. i played a super early version and wasn't blown away by it.

it's really good and you should give it another shot

• Locked thread