Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

3 party members that can't be changed, and they each have a set of jobs you can swap between during battle, which you have to level and mix and match passives and actives for good synergy, and it's back to ATB instead of turn based. It's awesome, and playing it after XIII it's very clearly a early version of that battle system

plus you could equip grids to give you bonuses for flipping between different classes during battle. FFX2 battle system was incredibly win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

3 party members that can't be changed, and they each have a set of jobs you can swap between during battle, which you have to level and mix and match passives and actives for good synergy, and it's back to ATB instead of turn based. It's awesome, and playing it after XIII it's very clearly a early version of that battle system

It's better than 13...IMO. Love jobs.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I really just wanted to play x2 but my gamer honour is too strong...must beat both.

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I really just wanted to play x2 but my gamer honour is too strong...must beat both.

Don't wait to finish X, start playing both.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
X-2 combines jobs (win) with 13's atb style (win) and costumes (win). X-2 is mega win

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

frank.club posted:

X-2 combines jobs (win) with 13's atb style (win) and costumes (win). X-2 is mega win

And it also gives me a boner.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Yuna tarting it up in X-2 was the single greatest piece of character development in videogame history.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

1000 Words make me cry

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I plat'd X in October but haven't started on X-2 yet.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Crimson Harvest posted:

I plat'd X in October but haven't started on X-2 yet.

Any tips?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Abuse the crater glitch for getting Lulu's weapon if you want that achievement, and depend on Yojimbo do beat all the superbosses.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

And it also gives me a boner.

I don't remember any nude Wakka dresspheres...

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007
Songstress Yuna, Black Mage Rikku, Lady Luck Paine is the hottest FF team in existence.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lightning/Fang/Vanille

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
Lulu/??/??

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

In Training posted:

Lightning/Fang/Vanille

Lightning can't sing or dance like Yuna

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Forward is the only way my heart can go.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
During my spergy teenage years I attempted a no-sphere grid run of FFX, which boggles my mind to think about now because even as a kid with bags of free time I don't know how I had the patience to sit through the unskippable cutscenes before every boss 50+ times only to get one-shotted with minutes of the fight starting. IIRC the hardest boss fight in the game was the underwater fight early on against the giant machina just before you get Rikku, as you could only use Tidus and Wakka and the boss had an attack that could insta-kill them both in one go as they were both so weak. The entire run hinged around cheesing aeons and abusing Rikku's overdrive as they were the only attacks that weren't dependant on your level to deal damage. I think I got up to the Evrae fight before finally calling it quits though I'd stopped finding it fun or challenging long before then.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The internet didn't really exist in the same way back then, that's my theory.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Can someone remind me how magic works in the traditional FF games? It's been years since I've played any and even then I've only played a few. Is it just straight damage or is there a weakness strat that's obvious, like use fire on the ice monster, etc. I should know this but I just can't remember. Thanks.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Ya ice is weak against fire and etc.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Lighting does damage to squids and stuff, I think ice works on reptiles, heal spells hurt undead, that's all I remember really.

e:does *more* damage, durr

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 14, 2016

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lightning does damage to everything, because she is awesome

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Can someone remind me how magic works in the traditional FF games? It's been years since I've played any and even then I've only played a few. Is it just straight damage or is there a weakness strat that's obvious, like use fire on the ice monster, etc. I should know this but I just can't remember. Thanks.

Weakness aren't always obvious in the older games, but there's a scan spell/ability that shows you enemy weaknesses. Weaknesses are really important in FFX so there's an always on scan ability that you can add to your weapons.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always try Pokemon style weaknesses first so I'm surprised when it doesn't work

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

paines sword mech always seemed real cool to me, yuna's weird flower thing was pretty cool too, i didn't care for the al-bhed machina mount thing they gave rikku though, tbqh

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

frank.club posted:

I don't remember any nude Wakka dresspheres...

Computer, is there any way to generate a nude wakka?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoJQtL3gWYQ

• Locked thread