Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So, big rear end spoilers for the end of the game here:

So I beat the dragon, but the credits cutscene seemed to skip mid credit roll, during the long walk back to Cassidarus. Did it show anything additional that is important, aside from the stuff before the credits rolled? In any case, got started on the post game quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
Bought the second game. Hopefully it's not as strange as the first one and is a bit more user-friendly where it counts.
I've enjoyed my time with 1, but it was glitchy and at times incomprehensible. Like, the quest for that one book got me to a bandit camp where a bandit had a quest but he was aggroed? Just an enemy with a ? above his head. Stuff like that made me feel like the game is barely chugging along and like I'm doing something wrong at all times. Couldn't complete one quest because an NPC either died and fell through the floor or first fell out of the world and then died.
I loved exploring the world and weird secret details, but interacting with the game was a chore.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Her head. Your problem was being a man (or having one with you) and going to the feminist hangout.

People shouldn't be falling through the world, though.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Unlucky7 posted:

So, big rear end spoilers for the end of the game here:

So I beat the dragon, but the credits cutscene seemed to skip mid credit roll, during the long walk back to Cassidarus. Did it show anything additional that is important, aside from the stuff before the credits rolled? In any case, got started on the post game quest.

No joke, I stopped by to ask the same thing because I just had that happen to me not two hours ago. It really put a damper on moving into the post-game content. The first cutscene froze and 30 or so sec later took me to a loading screen where the subtitles played for the next scene, but then it also froze. Gotta watch em on youtube I guess. At least the game didn't softlock.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Mar 19, 2024

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
pro-tip: if you're playing on pc with a controller, rebind the left mouse button function (I think Heavy Attack/ use skills) to anything else, otherwise you'll be unable to cast spells that are mapped to the Square/X button.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Last post until i get a new computer + the game in a few months,wanna avoid spoilers.

Have fun guys!

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

K8.0 posted:

Her head. Your problem was being a man (or having one with you) and going to the feminist hangout.

People shouldn't be falling through the world, though.

The one near the witchwood? Because I was playing as a lady and it was clearly in a different place. The book was at the south and people there just aggroed and tried killing me. The lady hideout didn't have any interactions at all, I just stole their panties and poo poo and they let me through, had no quests.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

did you kill any of the bandits inside that ruined castle? The ones outside are fine but the ones near the gate will aggro the whole fort.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bloodplay it again posted:

No joke, I stopped by to ask the same thing because I just had that happen to me not two hours ago. It really put a damper on moving into the post-game content. The first cutscene froze and 30 or so sec later took me to a loading screen where the subtitles played for the next scene, but then it also froze. Gotta watch em on youtube I guess. At least the game didn't softlock.

I would but I would rather not spoil any other surprises, if it can be helped. :(

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 19, 2024

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Start putting current friend groups, discords, etc in the DD2 thread for sharing pawns. I have the second post in the thread saved for that sort of thing.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4056407&pagenumber=14#lastpost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
And that is the game well done and dusted. ENDING THOUGHTS. HUGE rear end SPOILERS.

I FUCKIN MEAN IT. BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS. Teenage existentialist edgelord me probably would have been very fond of that you give the ultimate middle finger towards god and creation for forcing you on an adventure you never asked for to groom you for a position you never wanted, while giving the friend that has been with you thick and thin throughout a chance for a normal life. Heck, still kind of do.