Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it.

I am really enjoying this show. The father/son/fake brother/sister dynamic just feels sort of organic and the cast really plays off each other well. So did this get canceled yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Not yet but TV by the numbers doesn't give it much of a chance

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Azhais posted:

Not yet but TV by the numbers doesn't give it much of a chance

Balls.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Have to wonder though, if Alexa is also like Jimmy why doesn't she need a tank too?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Otto is stone cold. Tossing out Alexa because her blood was the wrong type. His little autism fit at the end was beautiful.

Otto playing Go with Connor was the first time I have seen Go in a tv show maybe ever. Pretty neat instead of the standard chess cliche.

Alexa is loving crazy. Though I suppose being resurrected and tossed out like garbage will do that to you. Even her husband sees there is something wrong with this plan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this? posted:

Have to wonder though, if Alexa is also like Jimmy why doesn't she need a tank too?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
I'm loving the twists and turns this show has taken. I know it's on the Friday night death slot but I hope it gets a second season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That certainly seems a horrible way to kill yourself!

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

Sure but it's probably the only way to make sure they can't bring him back.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Duval that was really really stupid.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

The worst possible choice was the truth. Mind you his dad could have ripped the door off the car to show them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

George is the real hero of this show. :patriot:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Please tell me that wasn't the season series finale.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Rhyno posted:

Please tell me that wasn't the season series finale.

There's one more this Friday, which I have to imagine is the finale.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

ShakeZula posted:

There's one more this Friday, which I have to imagine is the finale.

There's three more episodes according to IMDB.

Edit: Okay, according to the show's Facebook, the ep this week is the finale.

violetdragon fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 24, 2016

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They were probably going off of the old episode count but before the show started they had cut production by a couple of episodes. It definitely seems like they knew early enough to move stuff around enough for tonight's episode to be the finale.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Yea my DVR has it listed as a finale. So do we know if the show is dead or is there some hope for a season 2?

I get the feeling his body mutating earlier in the season might have some payoff by the end here.

frgildan fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 26, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: Otto and hello even creepier AI Otto.

Show is probably dead but super violent Jimmy and Alexa would have been interesting.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

That was a good finale. Not sure why they made everything so final and then bothered with the "Jimmy's gonna be a psycho" cliffhanger twist though. All told, an unremarkable but generally enjoyable little sci-fi series.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I hope it gets a 2nd season and the writers feel like they are under the same gun while writing. My favorite thing about the show was it blowing up its premise every three or so episodes. I found it refreshing every time I felt like I had the rest of the season plot called they went another way with it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ShakeZula posted:

That was a good finale. Not sure why they made everything so final and then bothered with the "Jimmy's gonna be a psycho" cliffhanger twist though. All told, an unremarkable but generally enjoyable little sci-fi series.

Yeah it was kind of weird how this was almost a series finale but then swerved at the last minute.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really enjoyed this show all the way until AI Otto. Jesus that was creepy.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I really enjoyed this show all the way until AI Otto. Jesus that was creepy.

Yea it feels like if you cut it right at the end of Mary's letter you'd have had a great series finale. Last 30 seconds felt almost tacked on and didn't seem to make much sense. Mary's assistant has been around for awhile and hasn't gone hulk rage you gotta figure the perfect version of the process would delay that even more. Otto AI was creepy but I'd like to see where they go with it in season 2.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that nobody seemed to think they should study Albert Lin considering he apparently didn't need a tank to survive.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Kind of weird that nobody seemed to think they should study Albert Lin considering he apparently didn't need a tank to survive.

True but the trade off seemed to be having almost 0 intelligence and being a rage monster. Not how I'd want to go threw eternity.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I assumed that if Pritchard didn't die he'd mutate into that.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

They were going to study him. Otto said he could get what he needed from the blood and samples they already had.

It's fairly common for shows to wrap up a plot/story of some kind by the end of the first season and then tack on a bit at the end to give the show a place to go if it gets renewed. I'm also pretty sure that the show producers had some idea that the show wasn't doing as well as they hoped by the time they were writing/filming the finale. I mean, it got moved to a Friday death slot 3 episodes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
Decent-ish series finale for when it presumably is cancelled. I was so hopeful for a season 2 when Otto was killed off as he is the creepiest most annoying character I've seen on TV in years. Then they went and upped the creep factor by making him an AI. Jesus christ.

• Locked thread