Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on tonight anyone here watching it its godfather part 1 + 2 cut ot be like the godfather saga back in the uh 90s i think on nbc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It originally aired in '77 as a miniseries. The first two movies were basically recut in chronological order with additional scenes added in. It's an interesting idea, but it sorta defeats the whole purpose of GF2. Some of the cut scenes are interesting and I think a few of them are on the trilogy blu-ray.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, I heard it's more like the book now, which is okay with me.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Always wanted to watch The Godfather Saga. Report back with how it goes watching this pile.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I've seen the chronological cut a few times and it's nice, but doesn't reaffirm the father/son theme stuff as well as normal GF2. Still worth a watch though.

I bought a blueray collection of all 3 films, called "the coppola restoration" but haven't watched it yet, I'll have to see what's different.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's the original movies but restored visuals/audio

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I used to have the Godfather saga on videotape as a recording from the showing, and that's actually how I grew up with the movies. Took me a while to shift my experience over to the actual Godfather 2 paralleling.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
There was one added scene I remember seeing in it that I would have liked kept in the original film, it's a brief one where you see Michael's bodyguard in Sicily has been brought to the States by the Barzinis and living a quiet life running a restaurant. You see him closing up for the day, getting in his car and...well, no surprises what Michael arranged for him.

Given how ruthless Michael was, it always felt odd in the original cut that we never saw him catch up with the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
There are also an extra couple deaths when middle-aged Vito visits Italy for his revenge/business deals.

• Locked thread