Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
There's definitely been way worse shows. 7/10 would watch reruns on toonami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

Thank you for these sweet Dimension W(aifu) pics man :clint:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

There's definitely been way worse shows. 7/10 would watch reruns on toonami.

Yeah, that about sums it up.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

It was alright. Not the greatest, but a long way from the worst. I'd probably watch more if there ever was any.
I finally finished, yay! That sums things up pretty well for me as well.

Once things got past where I'd read in the manga it was a lot different than I expected and kinda felt like stuff kept being introduced out of nowhere but that was also making me wonder what got cut from the manga from those parts. I know most everyone who read the manga was happy the show didn't do the kids arc but there was also some characterization in that part that got lost with it not being covered (Mabuchi not being 100% an rear end in a top hat mostly), so I was left wondering if I might have been more into some of these characters that were introduced in the latter half if there was more to their introductions that just never made it into the adaption. Guess that means I'm probably still going to read the manga whenever it finally gets translated.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

SpazmasterX posted:

There's definitely been way worse shows.

this is my issue with this show and why I find it completely unwatachable, honestly.

A good show is good and I feel good feeling watching it.

A bad show is hilarious or has interesting ideas and I can laugh/ponder over what could've been with friends.

A mediocre show is mediocre and I don't feel a drat thing besides my body age 25 minutes per episode

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

darealkooky posted:

this is my issue with this show and why I find it completely unwatachable, honestly.

A good show is good and I feel good feeling watching it.

A bad show is hilarious or has interesting ideas and I can laugh/ponder over what could've been with friends.

A mediocre show is mediocre and I don't feel a drat thing besides my body age 25 minutes per episode

This is exactly how I feel about it. Dimension W had some potential early on, and some moments later in the series where the sheer "who? what? why?!" factor was enough to be amusing in and of itself, but most of it fell into the third category where after a while I was actually hoping for it to get worse so that it could become more entertaining.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, pretty much. The initial setup had some crazy potential and worldbuilding that the show then did... literally nothing with, with the result being that the "resolutions" at the end felt horribly disconnected and unsatisfied. If I didn't know better I would have said that the first few episodes and the rest of the show were done by completely different teams and it had a rushed anime-only ending, but that doesn't seem to be the case. so...

4/10. :effort:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

a kitten posted:

Mira is the cutest.

The only reason to watch it, really.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>