Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Yota-Ahathol-Rashel, Ethereal Supplicant in Confusion

Now things were getting interesting. A user of the red-white art formidable enough to enslave minds was a very peculiar creature indeed. And calling herself the Alter, then...shapechangers were particularly difficult to find, but then Yota already has a line to said Alter in the form of First's debtor. Thus, unconcerned about friend Beggar, she walks out the tavern - her bottle of Bloody Baron's remaining unopened - and saunters back to the place where she had left First. Though perhaps, if they have already left, some tracking would be in order after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
First

"I had a suspicion this was the case, the master tends to spend his free time sending me on tasks that are menial and degrading at best and extremely hazardous to my health at worse for his amusement. I am not afraid of yet another one."

He steeples his fingers and waits. One day, one day under favorable stars we will see who is worthy of the mantle, World Over Heaven. But for now I will be the good, obedient mongrel you seem to think I am and do what I am told, all for that one day where I can spring for the throat.

First will wait very patiently

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 18, 2016

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Mournful Fera

"Until noon? Very well. I will meditate upon your problems."

Fera bows to First.

"And when we are ready, I will break your chains. And yours, old friend. I swear this on my names and my mask."

And then he calmly sits down, closing his eyes. Reach out to the wheel and go beyond. Escape fate's reach. All is possible. Will is all. Choose.

The future is possibility. Fate will try to force it down specific paths.

Break the paths.

Fate will wrap your soul in chains.

Shatter them

'How can I free my two friends here?'

Know fate and its chains. Know the yearning of all the universe to be free.

Meditate on the soul of the tiger and the answer will come.

Using Dragon Gazes In Mirror to ask the question I gave above, and not using my Demon option for it yet.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Prime Harbinger Xheina Wanaktja

"A shame. I was going to make a tour of the market itself, I was hoping you might have reason to go with me." The woman shifts around in her seat, trying to get more comfortable, pushing at the scabbards of her blades. She can't quite find a good spot for them.

Further observing the Prime Harbinger, Defiant gets the impression she holds no malice towards the angel. Whether that's good or bad is hard to tell - Xheina clearly finds Defiant very interesting, and obviously intends to involve the angel in her schemes, whether or not there's any actual plans involved. It's also clear Xheina wants something more out of this trip to the Markedplatz. Defiant doesn't think the woman herself knows exactly what that is yet, but whatever it is will almost certainly involve chaos and blood.

Defiant is also certain Xheina's presence in the Mardkeplatz isn't just because of a bounty. And why does someone go to a market? What Xheina is looking for is an open question, but she apparently hasn't found it - yet.

"In fact, what are your plans? Where does the avatar of justice crusade next?"

Three facts in tl;dr version:
• Xheina wears swords at her side, but has no formal training with them.
• Xheina thinks Defiant is interesting and wants to keep near her, but Xheina has no concrete plans at the moment.
• Xheina is looking for something, an object of power of some kind.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Fera,

All things are made from the black and the white.

When one controls the flame, this is referred to as "red." Why, no one is sure, as red is not among the colors of the children of YISUN, except, in some cases, on the inside.

When one cuts the flame to reveal the truth, this is referred to as "white."

So what, then, is "black?"

When faced with the red, seek the truth. Find the blackness inside and destroy the false color of "red."

Xheina, Defiant

The waiters come. By which I mean, the smell of burning skin wafts by you as they crawl before the table, and then slowly on to it, flesh tearing from flesh with every painful motion. They are gagged to prevent screaming from disturbing the customers.

Defiant, you recognize your waiter. He is a sinner who you sanctioned some dozen years ago for petty theft.

Xheina, you don't recognize your waiter, but he has the look of someone who signed up for this willingly.

First, Yota,

While Fera sits in contemplation, you sit and watch.

The clock ticks closer to noon with no resolution. Sweat begins to break on Adraea's brow. "The man who comes is not your friend."

"Am I not?" says a voice. There is a man sitting at the table.

First, he wears the robes of a magister of the 2nd Tower, they who deal with the dead- forcing the wandering dead to leave passers-by be. When was the last time you dealt with such a magister?

Yota, you saw how he approached. How did he?

• Locked thread