Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Wasn't ripping off, but much like on The Borgias, it's way easier to get into the show if you've played Assassin's Creed. I often have a difficult time starting out with TV shows with a ton of characters, so already knowing who Ben Hornigold is is a big help.

This same effect could be achieved through proper schooling, but that's for nerds. ...Or at least a marginally different subset of nerds from my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The show uses a lot of the same historical pirates, though it's actually less historically accurate than the magic space god technology video game.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I dunno, it hits a fair few historical points as they happened so I'd say it's actually not that inaccurate as it could be. But it deffo feels inaccurate, because the context of said historical points is a complete 180 of how it went down IRL and made to fit Treasure Island's and writers' own story more.

Which TBH is fine too. Because if it decided to go by history in terms of context too, p much everyone would be a massive unapologetic rear end in a top hat and there'd be far too much rape.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Sep 11, 2016

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

CrazyLoon posted:

I am so making a very goony hype vid around this show, before it starts up for the last time.

60 seconds of coat close ups and Vane's abs

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

coyo7e posted:

Both of which are gone....to the lost:cheers:

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

coyo7e posted:

Billy's forearms or gtfo :colbert:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
and Blackbeard's tank-like chest.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
New trailer!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

On the one hand, thanks, on the other I kinda wanna smash your face with a cannonball for sending me to a tumblr site like that

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Oh man

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm excited you guys!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:qq: this is the last season?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Zzulu posted:

:qq: this is the last season?

All good shows should be 3-4 seasons imho

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
Oh yeahhh I am so ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
The wait is too long to see what Billy Bones will do now that he grew a badass beard.

• Locked thread