Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SciFiDownBeat posted:

okay here's an actual legitimate innovation:

a friend-propagated ad network. basically you ask people on a social network to promote some product or service in exchange for reducing the amount of ads on their feed or timeline or whatever. so a user writes a review of a product and then those reviews substitute actual company-provided ads in the feeds/timelines of people in their social network. so gradually across the entire social media network, the company-created ads are reduced in place of ads created by users. in this way, not only do you tailor products and services to potential customers, but also the delivery, that is, how the item is sold.

so for example if I'm a millennial, I'm likely to see an ad for the AMC network that uses emoji's and hip-talk as cheesy or transparently manipulative. but if I see a friend make a post about one of their shows, I'm more likely to take the assessment seriously, because it's a third-party endorsement. the trick is to avoid the word "advertisement" in describing this process because otherwise it will turn people off. the very notion that someone is trying to sell something immediately throws up mental walls in people's minds. ideally this "sponsored" post by your friend would appear like any other item in your feed.

it probably wouldn't work in practice unless you convinced a whole bunch of people on the network to participate, to jump-start user engagement on a network-wide level. I just really hate the current implementation of internet ads and I want to see them die in a fire

The future is now and it's poo poo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubkv7_tEuqE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

Applewhite posted:

They have those in fans.

screws with normal threading for fans so when people try to tighten their fan screws they loosen them instead and have their hand amputated by the fan blades, lmao

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Cows that taste like humans.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Cheese with bits of human meat in there.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Applewhite posted:

2 stroke or 4 stroke?

Two stroke all the way. Higher rpms.

Applesnots fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 8, 2016

• Locked thread