Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

McTinkerson posted:

I totally forgot about Bridesmaid choice. poo poo. Alright, each team must submit two photos of their vehicle. I will submit those in an email to each Bridesmaid and ask them to pick their favorite.

In other news, DrakeriderCa and I sold Sweet Chili Heat for $2700.

Here it is being driven away by it's new owner.

Goodnight sweet prince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

At least it will be easy to find so long as you sold it to someone within earshot.

By which I mean all of Western Canada.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

McTinkerson posted:

I totally forgot about Bridesmaid choice. poo poo. Alright, each team must submit two photos of their vehicle. I will submit those in an email to each Bridesmaid and ask them to pick their favorite.

poo poo, I've been procrastinating.

Truck space is practical. Girls like practical, right???

I wish I could get a satisfactory image that encompasses the interior.

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
I might have taken an interior shot. I'll take a look tonight.

Edit: Just kidding. The only one I have is of the 'decoration'

DoritoPower fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 27, 2016

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I was pretty happy with the decorations overall

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Slung Blade posted:

poo poo, I've been procrastinating.

Truck space is practical. Girls like practical, right???

I wish I could get a satisfactory image that encompasses the interior.

I'm saving these images because while I have no idea about the bridesmaids, my GF *might* be usefully swayed by these we-took-this-little-car-camping shots. Also I like the car.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

ExecuDork posted:

I'm saving these images because while I have no idea about the bridesmaids, my GF *might* be usefully swayed by these we-took-this-little-car-camping shots. Also I like the car.

You'd have more room if you didn't take a pile of tools and recovery poo poo with you as well.

I'd recommend using a backpacking stove too, for two people you don't need the full Coleman treatment.

Also WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS FINE AUTOMOBILE?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Slung Blade posted:

Also WOULD YOU LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS FINE AUTOMOBILE?

Camping stuff: noted, and agreed.

Purchase. Yes. I WANT to purchase that fine automobile, but actually making that happen seems doubtful.

HOWEVER. I face a (small, many-options-to-solve-it) transportation problem in Western Canada around christmas time. I am *not* in Western Canada at the moment, and I won't be west of Sudbury before mid-to-late December in any case. The tl/dr is, I need to get my GF and her cat from Regina to Calgary sometime between Dec 16 and Dec 24.

One option, probably the "comedy option" is: Purchase a car in Alberta, drive it to Regina, then drive with my two ladies (go ahead, make a bad pun here, I don't mind, but *I'm* not going to do it) to Calgary. After christmas, well, other problems happen later anyways and I can solve those then.

Realistically, the current efforts focused on SK friends also visiting AB over the holidays seems like the cheapest and easiest options. But "cheap and easy" is usually far from "best (most exciting!)"

Let's talk numbers here: Sweet Chili Heat sold for $2700. What are the current bids on the Hellica?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

ExecuDork posted:

Let's talk numbers here: Sweet Chili Heat sold for $2700. What are the current bids on the Hellica?

We're asking $3500 for it because we dumped so much time and money into it. Still taking a loss at that price.

I am willing to drive it to Regina to deliver it and take a bus home if that helps. You'd still need a plate and registration though, not sure how'd you'd get that in sk.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This is the best idea.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Also if we're doing this in December winter tires are in order. The no-seasons on there now are fine in the boiling summer but I don't want to drive that distance on sk death ice. Betting you don't either.

Want me to price out some steelies and snowshoes for it? (Ssswitch do you have any wheels we could use from your grand warehousing system?). I can get them with a company discount and only gst here.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I have a huge pile of Subaru wheels but I'm unsure if +55 will fit on the Celica.

We can test-fit it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I have a huge pile of Subaru wheels but I'm unsure if +55 will fit on the Celica.

We can test-fit it.

Celica should be around +32 or so, IIRC. Fuckit, throw some fender flares on it.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Other way round, a +55 on a car meant for +32 will need spacers, not flares (if anything)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Tommychu posted:

Other way round, a +55 on a car meant for +32 will need spacers, not flares (if anything)

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm worried about hitting the strut in the front since it's already a tight fit in there.

DoritoPower
Dec 18, 2015
Forgot to mention we sold Cool Ranch for $1800 to a very enthusiasic woman.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tommychu posted:

Ah yeah, been forever since I messed with offsets.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Slung Blade posted:

Betting you don't either.
Absolutely. I'm pretty much a frothing-at-the-mouth evangelist for Winter Tires at this point, 6 years in Saskatoon made sure of that.

This irresponsible purchase by me is pretty unlikely overall, but I'd appreciate (and other potential future buyers, I'm sure) it you could come up with some winter tire options. As much as I love studded winters, southern Onterrible says No Way.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Kal tire can get me a set of nokians with a slightly wrong size (195/60/r15, 205s are impossible supposedly) with new steel rims for about ~$860.

If switch can find some rims that will work, maybe we can do better than that.

I'll try a couple more tire shops too, kt is my go-to since they're close to my office.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Talk of me purchasing anything aside, Kal Tire has treated me well in the past. New steelies seems like an unnecessary expense for the Hellica. Can't you get a set of 4 for $100 from the local JY? Or does the Hellica take a really unusual wheel / bolt size / pattern?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

We're looking at options.

Cheapest might actually be buying a junk neon with winters on it already, they have the same bolt pattern and similar offset.

SSSwitch found some in chestermere that are TOTALLY NOT STOLEN and absolutely not part of a murder investigation for a pretty reasonable price.

So yeah, we can probably get you some wheels and tires for around an extra 2-6 hundo. If you're seriously considering it, just let us know and we'll start pursuing some of these leads.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

DoritoPower posted:

Forgot to mention we sold Cool Ranch for $1800 to a very enthusiasic woman.

Was it the bespoke Pokemon coach work?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

DrakeriderCa posted:

Was it the bespoke Pokemon coach work?

It might have been because I scheduled two separate people to come and look at SCH at the same time.

They both wanted SCH and got into a small bidding war.

I then conveniently knew of another FB for the "loser".

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
I'm still pissed you threw a mirror in the ocean <:mad:>

Who's gonna do Vol.II of this event?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Astonishing Wang posted:

We gotta figure out the details but I'm hoping it ends with me somehow throwing more parts of Japanese cars into the ocean.

I think we're going inland this year though. Way inland.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

The Dempster by Dajiban has a nice ring to it.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Seat Safety Switch posted:

We gotta figure out the details but I'm hoping it ends with me somehow throwing more parts of Japanese cars into the ocean.

I think we're going inland this year though. Way inland.

Orange Crush to Red Flush - From the Salty Mountains of Alberta to the Salty Swamps of Ontario.

Alternative title: Can't Notley wait to Wynne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Astonishing Wang posted:

I'm still pissed you threw a mirror in the ocean <:mad:>

I told my friend about this thread, and he really wants to do a rally tour of New York state next summer or fall. Like Plattsburgh, thousand islands, Buffalo, Ithaca, circumvent NYC somehow to get to Long Island.

• Locked thread